Delta: Screaming Idling Princess - Lost field

Master ZED

Delta: Screaming Idling Princess - Lost field

Post by Master ZED »

The titular keywords lead to a storyline field lost sometime during Rebirth's development that still exists in the game. The keywords are obtained after taking the Steam Scientist's Invention and Animal Mania quests, so you can come here pretty early in the game. Other than having no mission, the stage is pretty normal, with the exception of the appearance of a nameless and low level Azul Sachem. This is a max level Water beast on Theta server that first appears normally in LV. ~100 Water areas in Reminisce. It's not complete, but is stronger than the accompanying Goblin Sages and Goblin Rookies with 612 HP and 68 SP. LV. 50 characters can kill them in one shot.

The thing is, you can still get Healing Portions (not a typo) and Fairy Drops from them, even in Rebirth. I'm trying to get a Seal Ji Yi out of it, but I don't know if that's possible. Even so, you completionists now have another task ahead of you in volume 1. :)

(oh, and the second Platform, on the northeast island, doesn't appear on the map. The programmers must have forgotten to mark it. :\ )
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Delta: Screaming Idling Princess - Lost field

Post by TheSorrow »

..O-O
How did you find that area?
And is it still "glitchy" on Reminisce/Redemption? Or it just shows the normal monsters and everything as any normal area?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wild theory time! The storyline that had to be cut out along with the field was a Zefie visitation.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:..O-O
How did you find that area?
I've been working on the keyword combination properties. I found them last night in a Redemption save dump and have been documenting as much as I can in the hopes of finding the last two Lost Grounds. This was one of the three oddities I ran across and the first I've looked into. It uses area # 5Dh despite being a Rebirth field; for comparison, 5Ch is Sigma: Developed Steel's Magic Fist, and 5B is the Forest of Pain. Even so, I didn't immediately think anything of it until I searched my Rebirth guide and found no mention of the field. That's when I headed out there in Redemption and subsequently in Rebirth.
TheSorrow wrote:And is it still "glitchy" on Reminisce/Redemption? Or it just shows the normal monsters and everything as any normal area?
Azul Sachem is there in all three games, though it has normal stats after Rebirth. I put Rebirth in the PS2 because it showed up at the field in Redemption. Risky thinking to be sure, but that's the order of events that led to the discovery... and my gathering of 9 Healing Potion and 3 Fairy Drop on my main Rebirth save. I couldn't help myself. :)

In short, it's worthless in Redemption, a very early high level training field in Reminisce, and the source of two otherwise unobtainable items in Rebirth.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Wow, pretty neat results. Keep up the incredible work!
Saku

Post by Saku »

so what lost ground is exactly ur searching for....?
btw nice work dude..keep posting new things 'kay^^
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Saku wrote:so what lost ground is exactly ur searching for....?
The two he mentioned in the other topic...a direct entrance to Megin Fi and to the Dark World of Indieglut Lugh using Area Keywords. And possibly direct entrances to other places like that school thing...unless he has already found those.

I have yet to check the area (not with a PS2 around me right now x-x), but given the name of the keywords, the "order" in the coding (after 2 Post-Redemption event areas), and the fact it was taken out, it also makes me think it was some kind of thing with Zefie...like a reunion with Ovan as it happened in Returner, just that with everyone, or at least Haseo being there as well. It doesn't surprise me much that it was cut out (considering ALL the stuff that was murdered or plain incompleted), but what surprises me the most is that they had all that stuff planned since Rebirth, and heck, had this field been worked on enough to add some conversations or a part of the scene and then later dropped out, and had you or anyone done this kind of research since Rebirth was released, we'd have known about the ending of the game even before Reminisce was completed o-O!

And speaking about it...is there any hidden data on this field, like there was with that one image in The Creator's Room? Or it's all just a plain field with nothing more surprising than we're normally able to see?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:I have yet to check the area (not with a PS2 around me right now x-x), but given the name of the keywords, the "order" in the coding (after 2 Post-Redemption event areas), and the fact it was taken out, it also makes me think it was some kind of thing with Zefie...like a reunion with Ovan as it happened in Returner, just that with everyone, or at least Haseo being there as well. It doesn't surprise me much that it was cut out (considering ALL the stuff that was murdered or plain incompleted), but what surprises me the most is that they had all that stuff planned since Rebirth, and heck, had this field been worked on enough to add some conversations or a part of the scene and then later dropped out, and had you or anyone done this kind of research since Rebirth was released, we'd have known about the ending of the game even before Reminisce was completed o-O!
I dunno if I'd go that far considering the likelihood of this place being a mere testing area is quite high as well. There's also the fact that a lot of data from Redemption just doesn't appear in the first two games, like with root towns and such.
TheSorrow wrote:And speaking about it...is there any hidden data on this field, like there was with that one image in The Creator's Room? Or it's all just a plain field with nothing more surprising than we're normally able to see?
The unmarked Platform and Azul Sachem were the only oddities I could find there. Otherwise, it comes off as a storyline or quest field in appearance, and it only consists of four large grass islands.

...though now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember seeing a Lucky Animal there either, which may mean my original theory about the place being a Lucky Animal campaign quest has more merit than I originally thought (Delta: Screaming Returning Princess are the area words for the Animal Mania quest, which is part of why I almost skipped over this place).
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

which may mean my original theory about the place being a Lucky Animal campaign quest has more merit than I originally thought (Delta: Screaming Returning Princess are the area words for the Animal Mania quest, which is part of why I almost skipped over this place).
...Screw what i said then, it's way more likely this was meant for the Animal Quest indeed, and for whatever reason the keyword was changed later. Kinda like Hidden Forbidden Waterfall changed to Hidden Forbidden Radiation...but i think that was simply the same keyword not being translated correctly :/ (Unless it was actually more of Radiation than Waterfall in the Japanese version too)
It's still very rare though, because of it's location in the coding, being past such Redemption events, which means they had either already planned to add those areas, or just added the slots and decided to "fill them" later. That's why it made me think so heavily it was a storyline area post-Redemption. Have you found what areas would be 5E or 5F?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:Have you found what areas would be 5E or 5F?
Forgot to answer this...

I'm still trying to find an effective area test procedure. The game seems to ignore changes made to the properties during play, and Megin Fi is throwing me for a loop because, well...

1. I've tried changing Indieglut Lugh to Megin Fi without touching the area #. No effect, just get a normal Shrine dungeon (the game defaults to the first working area if a bad combination is used).

2. I've tried simply insuring that the area # and server remain the same while keeping Megin Fi. No effect, again a normal Shrine dungeon, as expected (Indieglut Lugh is already using area 00 and Delta server).

3. Everything done prior is mixed with a Joker code whose specific intent is to allow changing the area number with the L2 and R2 buttons (it's no longer guaranteed to be 00, just left at 00 as it usually is until I change it). Megin Fi appears, but I didn't do anything to the area # yet. When I do, Megin Fi remains anyway, as if to say "Oh, you're going that far to look for me? Okay, here I am, you can stop looking for my area # now! (please don't look for it) :D".

Video games are weird, no?

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and enter in 100+ codes for using every single bookmarked area for a test. If it weren't for being able to use a USB keyboard, I probably wouldn't bother with this.

EDIT: ...and I did just that. Every storyline keyword became Megin Fi! This is getting difficult... X_X
Rattlingjoint

Post by Rattlingjoint »

just checked this place out quickly; Another small and unoteworthy irregularity is that there are spots in this area that the ground is "uneven" it might not be visible with the naked eye but its very much so on a bike. I found the bulk of these spots on the southeastern most island
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

I didn't think to try this before, but I tried to warp to the second Platform and I just found out that you can't warp to it without a Return Feather and having "talked" to it. After that, the game reveals where it thinks the second Platform actually is:

If you go out there with a cheat, it'll acknowledge you've passed the second Platform, even though there's nothing there. However, if you use the Transport Platform option, Return Wing, or Guiding Wings to reach it instead of a Return Feather, you end up here:

You can't see anything, you can interact with your teammates, and if you point the cursor at whatever else is there with you, the game freezes. I don't know where this is, because it's not on the map, but if I had to guess, my only idea is that this is what you see at the very extreme edge of The World's areas; a brown Hell. X_X

I only assume the game froze when I tried to point at the real Platform2 and that the one not marked on the map is Platform3, but there's no way to know for sure it didn't just randomly freeze when I pointed at Yata or Bo.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

AuraTwilight wrote:Wild theory time! The storyline that had to be cut out along with the field was a Zefie visitation.
They say that if you go into this field at 1:00 AM real time, you can hear two voices screaming "SHUGO!!!" and "RENA!!!".

It just seems like a glitched field to me. There must be tons of them in .hack.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

It just seems like a glitched field to me. There must be tons of them in .hack.
Well, there are a couple glitched fields indeed, but they've been found out of luck pretty much, simply inputting a random set of keywords wanting to train or get items, and then finding out there's something wrong with the field XD Here's my list of glitched areas:

Delta: Upfront Starting Berserker
-Third floor "haunted", no monsters and "invisible" PKs appear. (Rebirth only)

Delta: Fattening Ruined Fast Horse
-Waterfall glitch. The waterfall background of the Beast Statue's room overlaps in the room right infront of it. The effect can be seen on both sides.

Delta: Graceful Wrath's Shadow
Theta: Concealed Friend's Moonlight
Theta: Roaring Friend's Moonlight
Delta: Spring's Black Hand Song
-Plataform glitch with Return Feather/Plataform Transport on a nearby hill, allowing you to go underground (Rebirth and Reminisce only)

Theta: Galloping Wrath's Blue Cloud
Theta: Galloping Military Blue Cloud
Theta: Galloping Engaging Blue Cloud
Theta: Galloping Swift Blue Cloud
-There's a gap in the map that allows you to travel off-limits.

Theta: Starting Wrath's Blue Cloud
Theta: Starting Military Blue Cloud
Theta: Starting Engaging Blue Cloud
Theta: Starting Swift Blue Cloud
-There's a gap just like the above, letting you walk through water, and letting you go underground if you walk enough to get off the water's limits.

As you can see in the last 8 fields, they have very similar names because they're all equivalent/mirror fields....dunno how the map generator for GU works exactly, but there are areas that share the same map and characteristics overall (there's also another dungeon like Upfront Starting Bersker, with nothing in the 3rd floor in Rebirth, but i forgot it XD It's the area you get by changing "Starting" with the keyword below, that should give you a parallel field but of a different type, be it Cave or Shrine). So, if you find a glitched area, there's a high chance that the glitch will be reproduced in it's respective mirror area. The only exception i've seen is with the Waterfall glitch, just because the Beast Statue's room in Shrine areas don't have a huge graphic like the waterfall. That said, there's a high chance that this area also has a mirror area with the very same glitch....but, given how it seems like the mirror area is the actual Quest area, and this area itself could've been modified out of the generator (like some Quest areas and all Lost Grounds are), there's also a chance it's unique.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Those last 8 fields are my favorites, since that's when I was able to perform a doppelganger battle un-caged, thanks to ZED's strategy. If only PK's could use level 3 arts and have the ability to switch weapons at will. :(
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:If only PK's could use level 3 arts and have the ability to switch weapons at will. :(
I did most certainly try the former, but the best I got out of Gabi after turning him into a generic character was merely getting him to use the Art; he wasn't animated, so Armor Break couldn't finish (it just left him stranded in midair after the first two hits).

Anyway, there are no true mirrors of this field because it's one of the special combos on the list of storyline/Quest area words. Documenting that list was how I ran into it; there wasn't any experimentation involved in this find. It's just like how you won't find a mirror of Theta: Troubled Her Antitheses or any other grass field using Chimless Warp Points, you're not going to find another field with a third Platform unmarked and its second Platform located in Hell.
Azure Ace

Post by Azure Ace »

Incredibly impressive work. It's good to know that there are still mysteries in "The World." CC2 should probably start taking advantages of these glitches, that would be veeeeeeeery interesting (ex. having a side-quest with the same keywords as a glitched field from G.U. or IMOQ, with a corresponding boss fight having to do with the area's glitch). Anyway, good luck finding the areas you're looking for. Your an honor to .hack fans everywhere!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I FINALLY GOT THE CHANCE OF TESTING THIS 8DD!!!...And it's pretty cool and interesting, though i don't have much to say apart from what's been said already XD Have yet to see what's up in Reminisce and Redemption though, but i expect the same except actual Azul Sachems and the brown hell.
Anyway, there are no true mirrors of this field because it's one of the special combos on the list of storyline/Quest area words. Documenting that list was how I ran into it; there wasn't any experimentation involved in this find. It's just like how you won't find a mirror of Theta: Troubled Her Antitheses or any other grass field using Chimless Warp Points, you're not going to find another field with a third Platform unmarked and its second Platform located in Hell.
Well, it's corresponding mirror is actually Screaming Returning Princess, which is the actual area for the Quest. You can tell that not only by the fact Returning is the keyword right after Idling, but by how both fields are identical in looks, chests and monster locations, and the kind of items you get. The only differences are the monsters, and the plataforms, which in the Returning field there's no glitchy plataform and there only exists the first one. I have no idea why the Idling area got like that, but what seems for sure is that they started to modify it manually for whatever reason and stopped in mid-work :/ Dunno either why they didn't fix it, but maybe that's just because they had no reason why to pay attention to it again, like the Plataform glitch, fixed in Redemption only because of that one storyline area.
mabscottsville

Post by mabscottsville »

i found another glitch in your area zed. i was trying it out and got to the third island and defeated the three monsters that go in a circle near the bridge. after that i was standing in the grass patch and turned the camera clockwise and 1 mountain, all clouds and a cannon barrel in the background disappeared temporally when the camera passed the other two grass patches going towards the hill with monsters on it. i don't know if it will do it anywhere else in the area tho.

edit: i fought another group of enemies and the glitch stopped, so i tried the same thing again after warping out and back in, and it didn't happen again
Silver

Post by Silver »

Wow, that's interesting. I'll have to go there tomorrow when I play G.U.