Delta: Screaming Idling Princess - Lost field

CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Re: Delta: Screaming Idling Princess - Lost field

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

um... forgive my idiocy but how exactly r u finding these? like... uhm... i dunno what the word for it is... how did u find these area numbers? a codebreaker?(which is what btw?)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:um... forgive my idiocy but how exactly r u finding these? like... uhm... i dunno what the word for it is... how did u find these area numbers? a codebreaker?(which is what btw?)
To put it simple and don't use terms that could make everything more confusing for you...they're found by using a certain device (Codebreaker, etc...a Codebreaker is a special thingy that lets you use cheats and modify the game in certain aspects), and with a bit of knowledge in moving around the data, locating things that seem out of place or simply trying all possible values and ending up with a keyword/field data that doesn't behave correctly exactly.

To put it even more simply...opening the game and looking around it from the insides with a proper device :P
CountDOOMDestroyer

TheSorrow wrote:
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:um... forgive my idiocy but how exactly r u finding these? like... uhm... i dunno what the word for it is... how did u find these area numbers? a codebreaker?(which is what btw?)
To put it simple and don't use terms that could make everything more confusing for you...they're found by using a certain device (Codebreaker, etc...a Codebreaker is a special thingy that lets you use cheats and modify the game in certain aspects), and with a bit of knowledge in moving around the data, locating things that seem out of place or simply trying all possible values and ending up with a keyword/field data that doesn't behave correctly exactly.

To put it even more simply...opening the game and looking around it from the insides with a proper device :P
do i have 2 have a codebreaker or something like it to access these glitches in the game or can they b accessed without 1?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

do i have 2 have a codebreaker or something like it to access these glitches in the game or can they b accessed without 1?
You can access all these glitched areas and see the glitches simply by going to your game, using the mentioned keywords to go to the areas, and look around. There's no need for a codebreaker or anything to access them and see them, and with some luck, you could even end up in a glitched area simply by going to a random area without even knowing these glitches exist :P
CountDOOMDestroyer

lol i do like 2 mess with keywords abit. in IMOQ there is a dungeon where there is a giant mummy that can fly and u can ride on its bak apparently. heard that from my friend who owns infection
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:lol i do like 2 mess with keywords abit. in IMOQ there is a dungeon where there is a giant mummy that can fly and u can ride on its bak apparently. heard that from my friend who owns infection
Well...yes, there is, and yes, you can, but that's actually some sort of optional dungeon after finishing the game, so it's not like you'll mess around with keywords or something until you find it, it's a place the game gives you the keywords of it, so if you keep playing the game normally, you WILL find the area...unlike these glitches that require some "extra research" and not just playing the game by following the story :P
CountDOOMDestroyer

i went to screaming idling princess yesterday and i thought it was funny that the nameless azuls were there. and then there were only 2 platforms so i was looking at the map and i was like theres one... now where is the other 1? lawl i need 2 make some combinations of my own. would it b easier 2 find glitched areas with a codebreaker?
hidora

Post by hidora »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:lawl i need 2 make some combinations of my own.
DON'T DO IT. Trust me. It's a waste of time.
I spent more than 3 days looking for glitched areas in Rebirth and the only area I found (the one without monsters on the last floor) was already discovered here 2 months before that D:
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

hidora wrote:
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:lawl i need 2 make some combinations of my own.
DON'T DO IT. Trust me. It's a waste of time.
I spent more than 3 days looking for glitched areas in Rebirth and the only area I found (the one without monsters on the last floor) was already discovered here 2 months before that D:
I won't tell you it's a waste of time exactly, but i wouldn't recommend you to do it, given how there's about a million areas in all the games and you would just never finish checking them all, and there are high chances that, after you spend days looking for a glitched area, you find one that's been already found. The only exception is when a new area is found and you go find mirror areas, which is quite easy...but, i already did that with all the areas found so far XD
And yes, it would be easier to find glitched areas with a codebreaker....but, given how the obvious areas have all been found, let's just say that if the difficult of finding them normally was of 10, the difficult of finding them through codebreaker is of 9, and that assuming you know the right codes because the codebreaker isn't going to tell you "lol just press here and i'll find glitched areas for you", you'll have to input every code manually and fully knowing what they're going to do :P
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

If I'm not mistaken there are 150 first words 124 second words and 172 third words.
That works out to 3,199,200 different combinations.
Not only that but when looking for something like a glitch you don't always know what you're looking for.
also, let's pretend for a sec that you were looking for a glitch that had something to do with the doppleganger.
that would mean that every area you went to that wasn't a dungeon and didn't have moonlight in it (I believe that's 1,314,648) would take at least 5 minutes just to wait for him to appear.
So basically even if you were only checking glitches against the doppleganger and nothing else it would take you over 109,554 hours.

Now there's sure to be some margin of error within my math and you may not necessarily be looking for a doppleganger glitch. (though I would still expect it to take at least 5 mins of searching an area to find a glitch if you don't know what the glitch is) But anyways IMO you should just play normally and post what you happen to come across.

as a side note: I happened across a glitch recently. I don't know if it's been found already (it'd surprise me if not) and I don't think it's area specific but, when I got on my bike I soon after encountered the doppleganger and then Atoli was casting repth on Kuhn while I was still on the bike and they were not visible but I could here her and see and hear the repth effect behind me where they would be standing.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I popped in my Volume 1 disc on a whim (I was going to start a new game anyhow) and decided to go into one of my old clear datas to check out Delta: Screaming Idling Princess. I have to admit, I kind of giggled when I saw the Azul Sachem glitchmonsters and the "Healing Portion". XD

Was it ever noted that the glitchmonsters make goblin noises? Because they do. XD

Edit: Also, I just remembered that Mecha Grunty was on the beach... I don't think I've seen any similar instances except in Theta: Ephemeral Time's Memoir, where it's on the bridge.
hidora

Post by hidora »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Was it ever noted that the glitchmonsters make goblin noises? Because they do. XD

Edit: Also, I just remembered that Mecha Grunty was on the beach... I don't think I've seen any similar instances except in Theta: Ephemeral Time's Memoir, where it's on the bridge.
Two things I hadn't noticed even though I went to that area a lot to obtain 50 Healing Portions '-'

Normally Mecha Gunty is on the middle a circle on the ground, right? (I can't remember very well =/)

Man, that's the most messed up area of the game for sure '-'
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

N3IWVC wrote:If I'm not mistaken there are 150 first words 124 second words and 172 third words.
That works out to 3,199,200 different combinations.
Not only that but when looking for something like a glitch you don't always know what you're looking for.
also, let's pretend for a sec that you were looking for a glitch that had something to do with the doppleganger.
that would mean that every area you went to that wasn't a dungeon and didn't have moonlight in it (I believe that's 1,314,648) would take at least 5 minutes just to wait for him to appear.
So basically even if you were only checking glitches against the doppleganger and nothing else it would take you over 109,554 hours.
And did you consider that there are 3 different servers as well? And you might still do the search with a positive view...you can skip all story areas since they've all been proven to not be glitchy, that's like 60 areas less at least!! (Out of 3 millions or so, that is) :D

As of your glitch, sounds like you were fast enough to get on the bike before Atoli fully casted Repth, but after Kuhn was "hit" by it....so it was unstoppable and the game proceeded to do the action even if they weren't there anymore. Quite a little oddity more than a glitch, and doesn't seem to have any effect other than maybe the actual healing doesn't happen :P
I think i recall that the Sachems didn't talk or made sounds properly as they do on Reminisce/Redemption, but that's something i DEFINETLY didn't notice, as i loaded a save file with the Mecha Grunty quest done. And i just imagine how darn funny it has to be seeing Mecha Grunty on the beach XD
And yeah, Mecha Grunty normally appears in a circle, but apparently, it can appear elsewhere too. I don't remember seeing it in any other place though (then again, when i did the quest i just kept re-entering the same area over and over >3>), so i'll have to see that area too in a somewhat-new file, and perhaps find another areas where the same happens. With an area as a referrence, it's very easy to find areas where the same glitch is replicated....but out of nowhere, it's a nightmare XD
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

TheSorrow wrote: And did you consider that there are 3 different servers as well? And you might still do the search with a positive view...you can skip all story areas since they've all been proven to not be glitchy, that's like 60 areas less at least!! (Out of 3 millions or so, that is) :D
LOL I completely missed that. So yeah, given delta theta and sigma since lambda has no areas and omega is just linked to the others you can multiply all those numbers by 3.
that's 9,597,600 different combinations.
TheSorrow wrote:As of your glitch, sounds like you were fast enough to get on the bike before Atoli fully casted Repth, but after Kuhn was "hit" by it....so it was unstoppable and the game proceeded to do the action even if they weren't there anymore. Quite a little oddity more than a glitch, and doesn't seem to have any effect other than maybe the actual healing doesn't happen :P
actually she healed him repeatedly. i think she cast it about 10 or 12 times before i got off the bike. I don't remember for sure if they actually healed him or not but I don't think it counted against her sp though cause she was casting them all back to back and had very little sp both when i got on the bike and when i came off.
hidora

Post by hidora »

N3IWVC wrote:
TheSorrow wrote: And did you consider that there are 3 different servers as well? And you might still do the search with a positive view...you can skip all story areas since they've all been proven to not be glitchy, that's like 60 areas less at least!! (Out of 3 millions or so, that is) :D
LOL I completely missed that. So yeah, given delta theta and sigma since lambda has no areas and omega is just linked to the others you can multiply all those numbers by 3.
that's 9,597,600 different combinations.
And that's why I said it's a waste of time xD

Well, I only used Rebirth, so there's only Delta server with only 65 1st keywords, 49 2nd keywords, and 68 3rd keywords (IIRC).
So... 83,980 combinations... even excluding the storyline keywords and Screaming Idling Princess there are still plenty of areas to look for glitches... looking at these numbers now, I have to admit that I was very lucky to find that "haunted" dungeon :D
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

But there's only 31,538,000 seconds in a year (excluding leap year.) It's possible, but by the time someone finishes checking every area in every .hack game in the series, .hack will be long past dead. I remember checking a thread here that said one man in Japan managed to vist every area in IMOQ, and made the Guiness Book of World Records. Not sure if this is accurate or not, since I forgot which Volume the person said it was in.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

actually she healed him repeatedly. i think she cast it about 10 or 12 times before i got off the bike. I don't remember for sure if they actually healed him or not but I don't think it counted against her sp though cause she was casting them all back to back and had very little sp both when i got on the bike and when i came off.
Well, when a character on Life fails to heal someone who needs it (because that someone is moving around and "escaping" from the spell circle thingy), that someone will cast the spell over and over....but, SP is used everytime the healing is attempted, and obviously that's not going to happen when on a bike. So, you know, i'd say that's a new glitch i didn't know about, and never heard of before XD Maybe it has happened to some other people, but at least, never to me (and figures, i never really set my team on Life and i'm the one to do all the healing through items...and most of the time, i never have the need to heal anyone >3>)
CountDOOMDestroyer

i dont think it would b a waste of time. i mean yeah it could b but it looks like fun. and i wish codebreaker did find the glitched areas. has any1 come across something like a glitched keyword? i dont think thats possible but still i wanna kno XD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:has any1 come across something like a glitched keyword? i dont think thats possible but still i wanna kno XD
Secret keywords? Yeah, four exist between Redemption and Infection.

Redemption:

%0%0%0%0 and %1%1%1%1 - 1st and 2nd words that aren't used in the game. Properties:

Code: Select all

#h|  Keyword   | LV. |Element| F/D |  Type   |Location
--+------------+-----+-------+-----+---------+---------
95|%0%0%0%0    | +21 | Dark  |  D  |Shrine   |N/A

#h|  Keyword   | LV. |Element| S/B | Floors |Location
--+------------+-----+-------+-----+--------+---------
7B|%1%1%1%1    | +9  | Dark  |  B  |   5    |N/A
%2%2%2%2 - Keyword used in accessing the Breg Epona Outer Dungeon, exact area words Sigma: Ignorant Bull's Eye %2%2%2%2.

Code: Select all

#h|  Keyword   | LV. |Element|Item LV.|Location
--+------------+-----+-------+--------+---------
AB|%2%2%2%2    |   0 | Dark  |    0   |N/A
These words are next-to-last in each of their lists.

The fourth word's purpose and attributes are completely unknown to me because I've yet to seriously hack IMOQ. All keywords in IMOQ exist from the very first game, though areas are incomplete at best beyond their given volume. However, one keyword, the 3rd word Howling, only exists in Infection. I'll find out what it goes to one of these days, probably when I finally decide it's time to find The Ending World.

As for keywords that are miscoded somehow, unless you make the claim that the mapping code for areas like Theta: Galloping Wrath's Blue Cloud is glitched, bugged keywords don't exist in G.U..
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:but, SP is used everytime the healing is attempted
I think that's not the case. If the healing spell doesn't "hit" out of battle then SP is not used (If you use AP Do with some equipment to increase speed, then healing spells will be slower than you). Of course, I could be wrong since I haven't played in some time, but IIRC that's it.