Question

shadow of skeith

Question

Post by shadow of skeith »

Okay. I already knew about Azure Kite's purpose in G.U., but I still don't get this cutscene in the game of vol.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0u6O890IcA

Why did Azure Kite Data Drain an Innocent player?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Question

Post by TheSorrow »

It attacked a player who had come into contact with Midori, an AI in .Hack//CELL created by some virus a person had that spread on the network (something like that, the .Hack wiki most likely explains this alot better).
So that player's PC, after being in contact, also got infected by the virus in some way, and all Azure Kite did was get rid of the virus from the player's PC by reformatting it (Data Drain, returning the level to 1 and all). The whole story about that player ending up into a coma and all was most likely a lie.
shadow of skeith

TheSorrow wrote:It attacked a player who had come into contact with Midori, an AI in .Hack//CELL created by some virus a person had that spread on the network (something like that, the .Hack wiki most likely explains this alot better).
So that player's PC, after being in contact, also got infected by the virus in some way, and all Azure Kite did was get rid of the virus from the player's PC by reformatting it (Data Drain, returning the level to 1 and all). The whole story about that player ending up into a coma and all was most likely a lie.
Oh, I had no idea. Midori......Hmmm. Thank you Sorrow.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

NO, NO, NO, GOD DAMMIT NO.
It attacked a player who had come into contact with Midori, an AI in .Hack//CELL created by some virus a person had that spread on the network (something like that, the .Hack wiki most likely explains this alot better).
THIS IS WRONG.

It's a theory I posted ONE TIME back when we were still waiting on Volume Two of GU, dammit, stop spreading it like it's f*cking fact. You stated the theory wrong, anyway, Midori's not a virus someone spread, she's a virtual cell that achieved sentience and self-awareness.

The THEORY WAS that since Midori was based off of a simulation of a blood disease in order to find a cure, she had a digital version of that sickness, and was spreading it around Za Warudo as an actual pathogen. However, .hack//Truth and .hack//Cell have both contradicted that theory. Midori has no such pathogen,and the player being Data Drained had a very minor AIDA infection.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I never heard of anything about the theory being denied, in any recent post or the .Hack wiki (which are pretty much the only 2 ways i have for learning about non-anime non-games .Hack media), and the last thing i remember hearing about it was that theory as a fact sometime by Redemption (not sure if by you or someone else who had thought that was the reason), so sorry for spreading lies but i never knew it was a lie myself :[
shadow of skeith

AuraTwilight wrote:NO, NO, NO, GOD DAMMIT NO.
THIS IS WRONG.

It's a theory I posted ONE TIME back when we were still waiting on Volume Two of GU, dammit, stop spreading it like it's f*cking fact. You stated the theory wrong, anyway, Midori's not a virus someone spread, she's a virtual cell that achieved sentience and self-awareness.

The THEORY WAS that since Midori was based off of a simulation of a blood disease in order to find a cure, she had a digital version of that sickness, and was spreading it around Za Warudo as an actual pathogen. However, .hack//Truth and .hack//Cell have both contradicted that theory. Midori has no such pathogen,and the player being Data Drained had a very minor AIDA infection.
Minor? Wait, wait. How could it have been minor? Okay, the video feed was a bit faint, but the player looked and sounded completely normal. Every single AIDA infected player I saw in the games were over-the-top, in appearence or behavior, especially Ovan, with that Heavy left arm of his not seen on any other player, in his class or other classes. I'm sorry, I'm trying to process this. So this virtural version of "Midori" that was somewhat spreaded across Za Warudo, which I believe is another name for the world if I'm not mistaken, does not exsist according to AT here. But AK was just simply reformatting the data; reducing the player's level to one, correct? This player was not induced into a coma?
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Endrance, Sakubo, and Atoli looked fairly normal for being...well not Atoli, but Saku and Endrance looked normal for having been infected oh yeah and Sirus too. Sirus just looked kinda pissy or like he was on a drug. And all of the people in Moon Tree, if I'm correct, AT please don't do what you did to The Sorrow to me if I'm incorrect, were infected when Sakaki made it a mini AIDA server.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I never heard of anything about the theory being denied, in any recent post or the .Hack wiki (which are pretty much the only 2 ways i have for learning about non-anime non-games .Hack media), and the last thing i remember hearing about it was that theory as a fact sometime by Redemption (not sure if by you or someone else who had thought that was the reason), so sorry for spreading lies but i never knew it was a lie myself :[
It was never confirmed either. I said "I THINK..." and made the theory one time back when we were all theorizing, and idiots took it as fact simply because I said it and spread it everywhere. It WAS denied on the .hack//wiki, as it's removed whenever someone tried to post the idea.

And sorry for blowing up on you, but it pisses me off so much when people just take my ideas and run off with them simply because I'm the great AT.
Minor? Wait, wait. How could it have been minor? Okay, the video feed was a bit faint, but the player looked and sounded completely normal.
Exactly. He was showing no symptoms, but an AIDA was attached to his PC. It might have been one of the benevolent ones we see in Returner.
Every single AIDA infected player I saw in the games were over-the-top, in appearence or behavior, especially Ovan, with that Heavy left arm of his not seen on any other player, in his class or other classes.
Those are all extreme cases. According to Yata, we as players don't even see 1% of all infections, since apparently almost 15% of Za Warudo is infected, and we'd have noticed that statistic if they were all over the top.

And Ovan's a special case entirely, since he's infected by the original mutant Tri-Edge.
I'm sorry, I'm trying to process this. So this virtural version of "Midori" that was somewhat spreaded across Za Warudo, which I believe is another name for the world if I'm not mistaken, does not exsist according to AT here. But AK was just simply reformatting the data; reducing the player's level to one, correct? This player was not induced into a coma?
Za Warudo = My way of saying The World.
That guy? = Coma.
The whole Midori thing = In .hack//Cell, there's a girl in real life named Midori that had some sort of terminal disease, and to study it, the hospital she was working at made a "virtual cell" off of a blood sample to run tests with. Her will to live was so strong that the virtual cell evolved into an AI, and became the "player" Midori (The one who kicks Haseo's ass in Roots and apparently survived being attacked by Tri-Edge.) Because of this, there was a theory that the virtual Midori was spreading a virtual version of her disease, but this has been debunked.
Endrance, Sakubo, and Atoli looked fairly normal for being...well not Atoli, but Saku and Endrance looked normal for having been infected oh yeah and Sirus too. Sirus just looked kinda pissy or like he was on a drug. And all of the people in Moon Tree, if I'm correct, AT please don't do what you did to The Sorrow to me if I'm incorrect, were infected when Sakaki made it a mini AIDA server.
Not ALL of Moon Tree, just Sakaki's top ****.
Skeith9o9

Post by Skeith9o9 »

i also hear that Haseo "Hacked" his form. Kite simply decided to fix it.
theres also the idea that Haseo was in the way of the Data Drain, wich was realy aimed at Ovan.
Theres alot of posibilitys, but those are the basic ideas i gathered around.
if this info is wrong in any way, dont blame it on me. i just repeat what i hear.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Skeith9o9 wrote:theres also the idea that Haseo was in the way of the Data Drain, wich was realy aimed at Ovan.
This is what it is, the one real truth. Sure, you can have alot of theories and think about alot of possibilities, but this one is a fact and you can stop bothering yourself about any other theories.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

i also hear that Haseo "Hacked" his form. Kite simply decided to fix it.
Wrong.
theres also the idea that Haseo was in the way of the Data Drain, wich was realy aimed at Ovan.
Right.
Shade_Rain

Post by Shade_Rain »

I agree with AuraTwilight. If you've played the game, and watched Roots, you'll know that the Harald AI was responsible for Haseo's double Job Extension (Skipping form 2 and jumping straight to 3), and that Haseo was a little bit too insane at this point to have done any successful hacking anyway.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I don't think Haseo knows anything about hacking and all...he barely understands the games's mechanics as they are to think about how to mess with them :P All that he's done that has gone "beyond" the game's parameters isn't exactly his doing, he just happen to do what he must do and eventually he becomes that dangerous.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Sorry for the topic revival but

this makes raise another question, in ROOTS, in one episode ( I forgot which one) AZK and Phyllo found each other in a field and AZK immediately attacked Phyllo then afterward it just stopped and left as quickly as it attacked

whats up?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Did Ovan happened to be in that area or something? I don't remember but i think it was like that...Ovan or some random AIDA were in that area and Azure Kite detected it and went to check, found Phyllo in the spot where he detected AIDA and attacked him, but then realized he was just a normal PC, got all "lol Sorry" and left to search for Ovan again or just to keep hanging out with Orca and Balmung or whatever he does.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

TheSorrow wrote:Did Ovan happened to be in that area or something? I don't remember but i think it was like that...Ovan or some random AIDA were in that area and Azure Kite detected it and went to check, found Phyllo in the spot where he detected AIDA and attacked him, but then realized he was just a normal PC, got all "lol Sorry" and left to search for Ovan again or just to keep hanging out with Orca and Balmung or whatever he does.
i think Ovan was there, but im not sure, haven't seen the epi in 5 years, but it just seemed like a normal area
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Ovan appeared in the area earlier, Phyllo arrived once he gated out. Azure Flame Kite warped into the field not long after.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Sorry for the topic revival but

this makes raise another question, in ROOTS, in one episode ( I forgot which one) AZK and Phyllo found each other in a field and AZK immediately attacked Phyllo then afterward it just stopped and left as quickly as it attacked

whats up?
Ovan was just there, and AFK is chasing him.
i think Ovan was there, but im not sure, haven't seen the epi in 5 years, but it just seemed like a normal area
****, the anime is from 2006.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

****, the anime is from 2006.
>> oh sorry, i don't keep track on the years at which animes come out
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, seeing as how .hack was more or less just getting started in 2003, you should've been able to deduce this kind of crap.

It doesn't help you're a prone liar, too.