complaint:adept rouge?

twinblader

complaint:adept rouge?

Post by twinblader »

why do people call weapon change adept rouge?

adept is something that you can for instance adapt to this and that
and rouge is someone who steals things like a thief!
so is adept rouge :learning to steal?

it was written in plain English on the Japanese version?why did they change a thing that couldn't get worse?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: complaint:adept rouge?

Post by TheSorrow »

A rogue doesn't necessary has to be someone who steals. It can be defined as simply some lonely warrior or just a warrior altogether. So adept rogue can mean something like "A warrior who adapts"...a warrior who can learn and use different kind of weapons and abilities :/

Still, most of R:2's classes names are quite retard, like they tried to make them "original"..and they are original, just in a bad way XP lol
Alren

Post by Alren »

Actually, the real name for that class is "multiweapon" plus a color. (Example: Haseo is a black multiweapon)Although I imagine almost anyone around here will know this, this is show on the anime series and the manga. I dont know why they changed the name in the american release. Even more, all class names are changed, well, more exactly "sumaryced" (EX: blade brandiers are called simply blades, harvest clerics are just harvest, etc)
I guess they changed them a bit to be more atracctive, but I think multiweapon sound better than adept rouge.
Jakal Of Twilight

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

Alren wrote:Actually, the real name for that class is "multiweapon" plus a color. (Example: Haseo is a black multiweapon)Although I imagine almost anyone around here will know this, this is show on the anime series and the manga. I dont know why they changed the name in the american release. Even more, all class names are changed, well, more exactly "sumaryced" (EX: blade brandiers are called simply blades, harvest clerics are just harvest, etc)
I guess they changed them a bit to be more atracctive, but I think multiweapon sound better than adept rouge.

It gives you more of an image. Example"

1. Im picking my character class....Oh, a multiweapon! I guess it uses more than one weapon!

2. Im picking my character class...WTF?!?!? An Adept Rogue? Again, WTF is that?!1/
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

IMHO its because the image of Haseo using twin blade like Kite (jap: Kaito, means rogue) so it becomes adept rogue... maybe...
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Asyllum wrote:IMHO its because the image of Haseo using twin blade like Kite (jap: Kaito, means rogue) so it becomes adept rogue... maybe...
No, not really. Kaitou means "Phantom Thief", not "Rogue". And for my input, I know what Adept Rogue means, but I still wish they'd kept Multi Weapon. It sounds better to me.
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

twinblader wrote:adept is something that you can for instance adapt to this and that
Actually, "adept" has nothing to do with "adapt." To adapt means you can assimilate regardless of any situation/environment/circumstance, and adept is a synonym for "skilled" or "proficient"... You can be adept at pottery, but that doesn't mean you adapt to all artforms...

DON'T HIT ME! *covers head* >_>!

I'm gonna agree with Alren, I think they changed all the class names to make The World sound more like a generic MMORPG; that is, forgettable. Harvest Cleric just makes me go "Meh," whereas "Harvest" is easy to remember and has a nice ring to it all on its own. But, I have to agree with you entirely, twinblader and Jakal of Twilight...I don't think Adept Rogue does as good of a job at explaining what the class entails as Multiweapon does. >_>

I kind of died inside when they made the change. <_<
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

It's not just the adept rogue change that annoys me though. Alot of the translations really bug me.

Changing Unreturners to Lost Ones just way too generic. Then they change Ikoro members awesome names like Taika and Tenrow, to lame ones like Antares and Sirius, which I have a hard time taking them seriously as "Arena Champions". (Granted Yowkow to Alkaid wasn't too bad). But then they puss out on changing Taihaku's name. Granted, its even lamer to call him "Venus" but if they're going to keep his Japanese name intact, they might as well keep the rest intact as well.

And why did they Germanize the some of the Lost Ground names? I honestly don't get that. R:1 had plenty german themed game, but R:2 expanded these by adding Celtic and Norse themes. What was the point of making them sound German again?
kururusoft

Post by kururusoft »

idk to be COOL! 8)
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

It doesn't matter to me, since I "Dumbed" down all of them, and hardly use any
Harvester
Warlock
Dancer
Twinblade(Not much to do there)
Brandier
Punisher
Grappler
Partizan
Either Flicker or Reaper
Gunner
Adept Rogue(IDK, it seemed dumbed enough?)
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

kururusoft wrote:idk to be COOL! 8)
Except it wasn't. Grima Raef(its original name) Cathedral sounds way better than Hulle Granz Cathedral.
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

Fragments.beta wrote:
Except it wasn't. Grima Raef(its original name) Cathedral sounds way better than Hulle Granz Cathedral.
Grima Lowe if im not mistaken?
i wonder what languages are those (grima lowe and hulle granz)?
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Asyllum wrote:
Fragments.beta wrote:
Grima Lowe if im not mistaken?
i wonder what languages are those (grima lowe and hulle granz)?
Yeah, it's Grima Lowe, which is MUCH cooler
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Grima Raef is the actual name and its Old Norse. "Lowe" was used in the G.U+ manga for unknown reasons. Either way they are both good names, and helluva lot better than "Hulle Granz".