What would you prefer project GU to be???

MMORPG continuation of .hack
39%
New RPG in the .hack world
23%
Brand new MMORPG
20%
Brand New RPG
13%
a different style of game
5%

Total votes: 56

crosbie394

Post by crosbie394 »

well, seems there isnt much life on this part of the board, and understandably, so i thought i'd ask, what would you guys prefer GU to be????

I'd like a new RPG preferably, but wouldnt say no to a continuation of .hack.
Zedo

Post by Zedo »

I think it would be best as an online "The World" personally. But that's just me.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Brand new RPG.
Zedo

Post by Zedo »

Yeah, you do have a point, I mean, I love dot hack as much as anyone, but keeping a streight story for ever about dot hack that wont let our minds get lost in it? That's not .hack... I think it should simply be an online "The World" and maybe, MAYBE you could randomly run into game characters...
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Brand new RPG. Enough said. While the .hack series may be still going strong in Europe, the last time I checked it arrived late, so I'll die down over there too here soon enough. So, have the same concept, but do something different with it. The World from the .hack games was pretty boring anyway, as only the anime fans out there would play it. Every gamer out there that I know who hasn't seen .hack thought it was a pretty pathetic game, and I have to kind of lean their way. So hopefully they upped the goodness of this one: better graphics, sound, controls, and not the same thing over and over again just for starters. I could ramble on about what was wrong with the other ones, but I'll wait for awhile. CC2 would have its best chance with a new one, simply because if they use the same general engine as the .hack games, they'll get the same people again and again, and never get some of the better gamers, like me and the people who play all the other great MMORPGs that have The World's number (take the ownage and beauty of EverQuest 2, maybe not a good game but it looks friggen sw33t).

So look at it this way. Diehard Fan Base Happiness vs. Profits. Which one do you think a corperation will choose?
redmonkey842

Post by redmonkey842 »

I would like it to be a new MMOMG where it maybe sometimes mentions Kite and the dothackers and have it where we can choose what kind of character to be and well kinda like FF-11 but with dothack.
Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

A FF11 with a .Hack base to it would suck... There two different forms of MMORPG's... I'd like a new MMORPG with .Hack like bases, maybe a similair screen layout, etc. Just make it good and addictive... that's all we need.
Sinvil

Post by Sinvil »

i wanna see a brand new MMORPG that puts you into the world as a character. The fact that their would be almost unlimited number of maps to lvl at such as in the PS2 games and if they implemented a completly customizable character feature, also with this i would really want them to disable the ability to make a character that looked like kite and blackrose or any of the other major characters from the anime no offense but thats like having a million neos in the matrix online.... its just stupid leave the characters as is.

So anyway it would be awsome if you ask me and i think that they should keep all legendary items away from us and only mention them in the story mode as you learn about the history of the world through the roleplaying aspect.

thats my 2 cents
Raiko

Post by Raiko »

Id like to see GU as an rpg that is similar to the world if not like the world. I'm going to buy GU anyways. I wonder if they'll have a demo out for it?
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

Brand new RPG. Offline. I wouldn't mind if it had tie-ins with .hack, but I'd rather have a new original story and characters to play with.
MasterKite
Location: Trying to master the art of walking on water..so far..unsuccessful

Post by MasterKite »

Brand New RPG. Because I want it to be offline so theres no money involved other than the initial purchase. I also think that it should not be a continuation of .hack just cause it seem that .hack is slowly but surely dying and making it a continuation wouldn't really help the popularity.
DarkBoySabata

Post by DarkBoySabata »

it the new rpg and the best rpg than ff11online and i bet they gonna have PC and ps2 just like final fantasy 11 online
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

Though there's already a thread similar to this, I'd wnat it to be a .hack mmorpg, just to expand on the world and its mysterys, and for the fans, but I wouldn;t mind another mmo. :?
Hidden Blade

Post by Hidden Blade »

if it is like Kal online where you just download and can buy items for your stats w/ real money, then i hope it is an MMORPG
site for Kal Online: http://www.kalonline.com this is english site.
kitedragon

Post by kitedragon »

For personal reasons, I would prefere it to be a new rpg. Sure, I liked .hack, but the reason I played it was because it was, well, .hack and I wanted to see how the plot went. E1N54MK317 has a point.
As for Kal Online, I read about it a long, long while ago, when it just moved into the english ver. I didn't feel like downloading though. At most, maybe some .hack tie-ins, but even with head sets, it will only be so satisfying.