I hate X-Play now

ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

X-Play sucks. I've never liked it. I usually ask friend and sometimes workers at the game store whether the game is worth it or not.

I'm also not a big fan of 1UP, but I'll not get to that.
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

Well they didnt give it a bad score...

Edit: I just saw the review. She doesnt know  dick what shes talking about.
Last edited by LegendaryDarkKnight on Fri May 04, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

They gave it a freakin 3 because of the "Confusing" Story line .. like Ren says to stempy "You IDIOT!"
Demon_Skeith

Post by Demon_Skeith »

they should have at least gave it a four
Bankai_Toushirou

Post by Bankai_Toushirou »

I may get flamed for this, but remember how they gave both FMA games a 2/5 even though the second one was better? Well, in trueth I'm probably one of the very few people who enjoyed them both, but from the perspective of a typical gamer, I'd most likely have hated them because of the repeatitive(sp?) gameplay. That's how they're suppose to think.

And as far as the story, if you think about it, not knowing anything about .hack, like your average gamer, the storyline would be very confusing. Like how an online game can make someone comatose(sp?). Or why not being able to log out means you can't just back away from the pc/remove the headset, and go on with everyday life. Add to it that unless you get the termanal disk you have no back story, and even with it, you don't get all of the imfo. Especially with //Roots. You see what I mean?

Anyway, it's like getting a diagnosis(sp?), just get a second oppinion if you're not satasphied with the first one.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Kyero Fox wrote:They gave it a freakin 3 because of the "Confusing" Story line .. like Ren says to stempy "You IDIOT!"
It is confusing

You start out being all powerful and with asking who Tri-Edge is, next scene you have a fight with these two random people and the main char says ' Shino '

People who haven't watched Roots:....? Shino?...

Next scene, Ovan comes back.

people: Oh, now I get who shino is...wait who's this guy?

Cathedral time, shino moment, death.

people: O-O wtf is going on...who's that? Why is he attacking?

Think of it like this, unless you watch roots then you don't know **** about the game and why the main char is screaming out SKEEEEEEEITH.
hakubo

Post by hakubo »

Bankai_Toushirou wrote
I'm still confused on how people go into comas after being PKed

Supposedly its the bright lights and sounds that put to much stress on the mind and makes it shut down basically
I'm not quite sure how to do the quote thing yet :oops:
Bankai_Toushirou

no worries, and that's what I always thought, but then explain to me how when the cause of the coma ie the wave from IMOQ, is defeated everyone is back to normal? Or in this game's case, Tri-edge. I mean I know it's anime, but thinking about it logically (yeah in cases like this bad idea) it shouldn't matter. Unless you call it a mirical I guess. Or........nevermind, no way it'd be coincidence(sp?) Too many people.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Marioshinobi wrote:
Kyero Fox wrote:They gave it a freakin 3 because of the "Confusing" Story line .. like Ren says to stempy "You IDIOT!"
It is confusing

You start out being all powerful and with asking who Tri-Edge is, next scene you have a fight with these two random people and the main char says ' Shino '

Think of it like this, unless you watch roots then you don't know **** about the game and why the main char is screaming out SKEEEEEEEITH.
uh .. yea thats why its recommended that you watch .hack//ROOTS
Bankai_Toushirou

Kyero Fox wrote:
Marioshinobi wrote:
It is confusing

Ah, but that would require being an anime fan, which the casual gamer is not. On average anyway.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Bankai_Toushirou wrote:
Kyero Fox wrote:
Marioshinobi wrote:
It is confusing

Ah, but that would require being an anime fan, which the casual gamer is not. On average anyway.
If you hate anime, you should burn your .hack games. If you haven't noticed, it's basically 3D anime.
Bankai_Toushirou

So you know I'm an anime fan, and I love .hack. Just saying most gamers aren't. They play the game for the story, gameplay, and things on those lines. So if the average gamer picked this up, they'd be lost. Most people don't like a story based game they can't follow. I'm not one of those people, I mean I made it through all three Xenosaga games being relatively confused at certain points of the story but kept going anyway. But I've yet to meet the person who's like me in that respect. Especially since anyone with no prior knowlege of this game will get lost in the first actual cutsceen.
ME

Post by ME »

The thing is that .hack only apeals to a certain fanbase(us...) and new players would be very lost. In fact I let one of my friends borrow vol recently while I was waiting for vol 2 and the next day he just walks up to me with a "WTF?!?" look on his face ans says "what is this?" I convinced him give a it a second try...and now he's gonna make me beat vol2 as fast as I can so he can play it. [/ramble]

And I still love how poeple ignore my post with link saying "we can eep this converastion going in another thread"....oh well....[/complain]
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

hakubo wrote:Bankai_Toushirou wrote
I'm still confused on how people go into comas after being PKed

Supposedly its the bright lights and sounds that put to much stress on the mind and makes it shut down basically
I'm not quite sure how to do the quote thing yet :oops:
Well, there weren't that many bright lights with the Twilight Guardian from SIGN, and there have been no reports of Unreturners (or any other Data Drain victims) having experienced epileptic seizure-like symptoms, so I doubt that Data Drain just deletes a PC and gives the player a seizure.
It may be related to the connection that Epitaph Users have with their Avatars that Pi talks about in Roots and in Vol.1 (at Delta Great Cursed In-Laws). Even though Unreturners aren't usually Epitaph Users  with the exception of Shino it may be a similar concept or principle at work.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

There is an explaination for the comas in later volumes. It's a spoiler though.

It's actually AIDA itself that is causing the comas. It does this by actually jumping from the net to players real life body itself and keeping it unconsious (and no it really doesn't make much physical sense) When the AIDA is removed from the body it will recover on its own based on how long the person was out (a recent victim in Vol.3 is back on his feet almost immediately, while Shino takes a while for example)
Bankai_Toushirou

And I still love how poeple ignore my post with link saying "we can eep this converastion going in another thread"....oh well....[/complain]
We're not so much ignoring you, as just keeping it simple. I mean I realise you already made this topic(unless it was someone else and you just wanted people to know it was there already.) but people tend to post in the newer one. Besides, I'd bet it's got a lot of posts alread and I at least, don't feel like reading all the previous ones so I don't say anything already said.

I'm loving that explanation Jimbob. Best one I've read, and it makes a bit of sense.  I just don't get how AIDA get into the physical body. That get explained too?
Last edited by Bankai_Toushirou on Sat May 05, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

It is transfered during a PK. How this is physically possible they never say.
Bankai_Toushirou

Ah, I see. That kind of sucks. lol.
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

I'd give it a 2, personally .__.
Does that make me worse than them? (yes)

I found their review funny and entertaining =3
Bankai_Toushirou

Heh, everyone's entitleled to their oppinions right? Even if the majority don't agree with it. Personally I wouldn't rate it because as much as I hate to admit it, somehow I think I'd be bias towards it without meaning to.