I hate X-Play now

silabus

Post by silabus »

Well ,guys i have to say that ....THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN RATE .HACK//GAMES ARE US .HACKERS........ NOT PEOPLE THAT THINKS THAT SAY MUCH BOUT GAMES BUT THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE ONE

Yes take this!
Macht

Post by Macht »

you gotta realize that every reviewer (magazine, website, show) leans toward a certain type of game style and/or gamer. i always trust reviews better from play magazine... a magazine that reviews games AND anime is probably right up my alley as an anime fan/gamer. (they gave vol 1 a 9 out of 10 btw). x-play leans more towards american style games... shooters especially. i wanted to kick adam sessler in the face when he started doing his usual poking fun at japanese games with final fantasy xii and xenosaga.
the most unbiased reviews i've ever read have been at gamespot.com, plus they give a list of how everyone else is reviewing it.

xplay... is just... ugh. i find adam sessler and morgan man-jaw to be two of the most abrasive personalities on that channel.
skieth111

Post by skieth111 »

i like the game but it does lack a little. i would end the discussion that this game rocks.
shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker »

It does lack at certain times, but dont expect to get a good grade for a game when they dont understand it. thats like giving a 5 year old a standardized exam.
FlickerHaseo

Re: I hate X-Play now

Post by FlickerHaseo »

Kyero Fox wrote:They gave Vol1: Rebirth a 3 out of 5 .. just because that dumb chick is too stupid to get the story line.

This makes me ANGRY!

... SKIEETTH!!!
3/5 Is a Semi-Good.

2.5/5 = Normal.

4/5 = Great

5/5 = W00t

1/5 = Sucks

2/5 = Err, Ehh, okay
ciaxsjes

Post by ciaxsjes »

I'm guessing that...
3/5 = Some may like it, some may not.

And that is quite true. Practically no one knows about .hack//G.U. in my school.
Sure, if I ask "Do you know what .hack is?", people usually respond with a "I think I've heard of it..."

In my opinion, I find the reviews quite funny at times. I was quite dissapointed on their review on .hack//G.U., but I can't blame them.

You play a game within a game sounds kinda silly though.

It took me 2 months to make my sister play Vol.1
She kept asking "Who is Shino?", "Is something ging to happen", and "Jeez, can Atoli's voice get any more annoying"
In the end, she thought the storyline had good depth and decided she will play through Vol.2 as well.
Mikes

Post by Mikes »

In a polish magazine Neo+ vol1 get 6.0/10 and reviewer said this Game has no storyline, buahahahahahah! :lol: II laughed so hard...
Zukai

Post by Zukai »

i'm here to reply on the x-play review and the first few guys are right, they should've given it a 5, i mean come on they improved way more on the first one and even giv u weapons to change. The only thing I can think that was so bad was he kept on saying the d word way to many times, but that's just me.

Oh and I think .hack roots was getting pretty good at the end until they started over w/out finishing the series. Darn you cartoon network! SKEITH!!!
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

I really don't think it's fair to mix someone's not preferring or liking something with his/her not understanding something; it sounds a bit ignorant, really. Just because the game didn't get a 1,000,000,000/5 doesn't mean the reviewer in question didn't understand the story. I don't think that's a fair judgment whatsoever.
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

ciaxsjes wrote:I'm guessing that...
3/5 = Some may like it, some may not.

And that is quite true. Practically no one knows about .hack//G.U. in my school.
Sure, if I ask "Do you know what .hack is?", people usually respond with a "I think I've heard of it..."

In my opinion, I find the reviews quite funny at times. I was quite dissapointed on their review on .hack//G.U., but I can't blame them.

You play a game within a game sounds kinda silly though.

It took me 2 months to make my sister play Vol.1
She kept asking "Who is Shino?", "Is something ging to happen", and "Jeez, can Atoli's voice get any more annoying"
In the end, she thought the storyline had good depth and decided she will play through Vol.2 as well.
I totaly second this post. People at my school think playing an RPG in general is gay 0_o
Me:Hey anybody get FFX
Friends:Dude your so gay :o

and I'm like how can Mega Perv be gay
But the review was kinda funny though :)
Dawn of the Warrior

Post by Dawn of the Warrior »

Gundam_Alchemist wrote:People still watch G4tv or whatever it's called now. That network stop being about computers/video games and more about lets get all these shows no one watches anymore and get rid of everything else.
Yeah they took out all the good shows like Filter, Judgement Day, Electric Playground, and Icons. They replaced it with all this random bull crap like Attack of the Show and Cops
Prot0

Post by Prot0 »

I never really liked x-play.
and I don't listen to his game reviews anyways....so.No biggie
Fabled Hero

Post by Fabled Hero »

they gave it a bad rating in game informer...they are so stupid they said that the gameplay is repititive and only fans of the first series will be into this game which i do not think is true i never even played the first series my friend just showed me it and i got g.u and i love it...its not repetitive at all they dont know what they are talking about.
Tanrim

Post by Tanrim »

Nothing new but I thought I'd give my thoughts.

I haven't liked X-Play since G4 took over. The good old days of Tech TV was much better. The bias shows in spades how they review stuff. The show has never been very RPG friendly but it's much worse now.

None the less, the game probably is a 3 out of 5 all and all, atleast for the average gamer. I'd probably give it a 4 out of 5 myself but then again I'm a big fan of the series so it's not like I have no bias myself.

So, while how I think it was handled was bad, in the end 3 out of 5 isn't too bad really. I've seen so many games I've liked get 2 out of 5 too so it's fine.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

X-Play just sucks in general, although I would agree that by the time G.U. came out, you would've had to have been following storylines for a while to actually fully appreciate .hack. CC Corp is an evil genius. But not as evil as Sony.
Persongus
Location: Canada. I'd tell you more, really, but that might attract stalkers.

Post by Persongus »

twilight_keeper wrote:X-Play just sucks in general, although I would agree that by the time G.U. came out, you would've had to have been following storylines for a while to actually fully appreciate .hack. CC Corp is an evil genius. But not as evil as Sony.
Sony doesn't qualify as an evil genius. Sony isn't any kind of genius. Their new PS3 melts itself.
twilight_keeper

Really? Mine works just fine and I'm in Iraq where the temp is 130F on average
Persongus

Post by Persongus »

twilight_keeper wrote:Really? Mine works just fine and I'm in Iraq where the temp is 130F on average
1st: You live in Iraq? Sorry to hear that.
2nd: Really? My friend tells me they've even come out with a cooling fan. The processors melt stuff in 3 hours (of course, companies tell you not to play that long, but what diehard live-in-the-basement gamer listens to that?) or so he tells me. He's pretty biased, so I'll ask a bit.
twilight_keeper

Most CPUs (especially overclocked ones like mine) have a tendancy to overheat, hence the need for a cooling fan. The system does run hot, but much like the 360, you need to give it space or things will not be pretty
Persongus

Post by Persongus »

twilight_keeper wrote:Most CPUs (especially overclocked ones like mine) have a tendancy to overheat, hence the need for a cooling fan. The system does run hot, but much like the 360, you need to give it space or things will not be pretty
Well, if you're already using a fan, then of course it's not going to melt. >_>