I hate X-Play now

Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

I hate X-Play now

Post by Kyero Fox »

They gave Vol1: Rebirth a 3 out of 5 .. just because that dumb chick is too stupid to get the story line.

This makes me ANGRY!

... SKIEETTH!!!
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

oh you thought that was bad! they gave the whole untold legends series a 1 out of 10. so their rating on rebirth should not be surprising ... but I do agree with you kyero! SKEEIITH!
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Azalan wrote:oh you thought that was bad! they gave the whole untold legends series a 1 out of 10. so their rating on rebirth should not be surprising ... but I do agree with you kyero! SKEEIITH!
Someone should make a Skieth replica Scyth and run in there yelling

"SKEEEIIITTHH!!!"
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

I dought Morgan wrote the thing herself so it isn't fair to blame her ⌐_⌐
This reminds me of there x-play board song. A 3/5 isn't bad I don't think it at least didn't get a 2 or a 1.
Shinn

Post by Shinn »

People still take X-play seriously? I was mad when they gave Tales of the Abyss a 3/5. It's all their personal opinions right? But like was said a 3/5 isn't terrible.
-Seui-

Post by -Seui- »

I thought it got a 4/5...guess I thought wrong...funny thing was, if it weren't for that ep, I wouldn't have G.U. now. That ep interested me so I went online to check it out, and decided to buy it...and that's that, haha.
shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker »

Only true .hack fans can appreciate the storylines and quality of the series. People tend to depreciate something they cant understand. Like the score Game informer gave G.U., Now they are the ones we really should be mad at!
hellsingjunkie

Post by hellsingjunkie »

*takes out his broad legged* Morgan where are you?
BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

And Morgan Webb is a gaming goddess. I am happy they use their own opinions thats how normal people judge things.
Gundam_Alchemist

Post by Gundam_Alchemist »

People still watch G4tv or whatever it's called now. That network stop being about computers/video games and more about lets get all these shows no one watches anymore and get rid of everything else.
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

A review of 3 out of 5 isn't bad in anyway you look at it. Many who disagree with such a score are fans and thus their opinions tend to be a bit biased.

Honestly I hope many people do not use reviews to decided watch games to buy. Since I myself would have missed some very good games if I totally believed in these kinds of reviews.
ME

Post by ME »

Bankai_Toushirou

Post by Bankai_Toushirou »

Honestly thier reviews are pretty accurate (atleast when it comes to me.) I honestly would've liked G.U. to get a 4, but being that it's an anime game based on a person playing a game (game within a game in other words) I honestly think it's fair. I love .hack, and seriously hope they bring out a real version of "The World" G.U. style or old style would be fine. though because I like Adept rogue, and the newer classes, I'd rather G.U.

Sorry off topic. Anyway since they seemed to enjoy the gameplay, I think it went well. But one last thing, when it comes right down to it, as was basically already said, reviews of any form are really just a matter of oppinion. In other words, rent the game and be your own judge.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

True, most of us are probably biased by nature, but I think three out of five is a reasonable score if you're presenting G.U. to an audience for the first time with no other premise.
It is sort of a confusing storyline, and it's hard to take seriously that a person playing an MMO goes into an inexplicable coma for being PKed in the game the first time. People who watched SIGN and played through IMOQ would be much more ready to accept that concept over someone who never heard of it before and probably think it ridiculous.
Also, Gaspard's voice actor is annoying.

It's a weird premise to pick up on that late into the franchise.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

If your just being intorduced to .hack//G.U. as a first .hack game,alot of things are confusing.

What happened in those 8 months?

Who is Shino?

What is with Kite?

What's the story for Skeith?

How can a player randomly go into a coma,with nothing to base such a condition on?

And the list goes one.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

There's so much bias on this thread. >.>

There are MANY flaws in the game.

1) As AC said, loose ends.
2) Game was short as f***.
3) Game ended in a cliffhanger. That's right. For $40, you get a cliffhanger story will loose ends.
4) Voice Acting was meh.

I was actually expecting them to give G.U. less than 3. If it weren't for the gameplay, it would have a 2. Be thankful. They gave it a mercy rating.
Bankai_Toushirou

Maaku wrote:True, most of us are probably biased by nature, but I think three out of five is a reasonable score if you're presenting G.U. to an audience for the first time with no other premise.
It is sort of a confusing storyline, and it's hard to take seriously that a person playing an MMO goes into an inexplicable coma for being PKed in the game the first time. People who watched SIGN and played through IMOQ would be much more ready to accept that concept over someone who never heard of it before and probably think it ridiculous.
Also, Gaspard's voice actor is annoying.

It's a weird premise to pick up on that late into the franchise.
About Gaspard's voice, I agree. Especially if you've seen the jap version of roots. And why did they have to bring back Piros?

I have to admit even as someone whose played the games and watched the series, I'm still a bit confused how you can become comatose after being PKed, or even from the first four games when someone was data drained. But I realise that the time this series takes place in has more advanced tech and also the fact that the player actually feels the weight of the weapons and the force of the blows (aquording to the manga I read based on the first four games, from BR's perspective) so I figure it's got to have something to do with that tech.

Sorry that was probably OT again, seriously I think it could've been worse. The people who review games just base it on values that they think make a game good or bad. Sound track, gameplay, grafics, replay value, etc. Then they average the values and grade it on their own rating system.

As a side note, the loose ends/cliffhanger were there because of the fact two more games are comming. As I'm sure you realise, just remember these games are really for those who know at least some of what .hack's all about. If they went back and explained everything, it'd be like Xenosaga, and besides, that's what the termanal disk is for. Though I do think it stupid you have to pay $10 more for the disk and the figure of Haseo
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

As I'm sure you realise, just remember these games are really for those who know at least some of what .hack's all about
True, the franchise has developed something of a specific target audience.
Though I do think it stupid you have to pay $10 more for the disk and the figure of Haseo
Eh? Ten dollars seems reasonable enough for a disk with plenty of audio content and a figure you could sell on Ebay for around $30 if you wanted to. (Just a shot in the dark, there, I've only seen the figure once before I even knew what G.U. was so I'm not sure of its quality).
Bankai_Toushirou

Well 10$ isn't too bad, I just think the disk at least should've been included so you didn't have to buy the special eddition you know? But in trueth it's still cheaper than most new PS2 games I guess. (I was told most sell for $70) as for the figure I'm sure you're right considering what people have bought on ebay. *Thinks about an empty box which sold for thousands of dollars.* (I think at least. may only have been hundreds.)