Guilty Dragon no longer being localized for US/Europe?

soraalam1

Guilty Dragon no longer being localized for US/Europe?

Post by soraalam1 »

Looks like I have found some fairly recent evidence of Guilty Dragon's Official English Translation being cancelled. This twitter conversation is from June 17, 2014.

https://twitter.com/cc2information/stat ... 3313146881
Screen Cap: Image

I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but I'm very new here and this is my first post! Had to make an account to post this because I didn't see it in any other threads yet. :?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Guilty Dragon no longer being localized for US/Europe?

Post by Kuukai »

Thanks for the information! That's unfortunate, but it's good to get closure after they promised they would be bringing it over. Of course, not everything is going as they planned. They had to close down their only localized game, Shadow Escaper, and even some of their Japanese games are shutting down as well.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Aww, that really sucks. It was the last .Hack thing i was looking forward to, and i've even avoided downloading the japanese version awaiting the english release ;3;

Do you at least think they'll keep working on the japanese version, at least? Or that one will get shut down sooner than later too? D:
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's doing well enough that it might get to the end of its "story." Like a lot of Japanese social games, it has a planned lifetime and a finite number of chapters. Is anyone still following it? Does anyone know how many of the 8 pieces of the dragon relief they've gotten yet? But aside from the cool art produced for the game, I don't see making it to the end being consequential one way or another. The only other way would be, "hey you guys, you said there'd be more .hack if Guilty Dragon was successful and it's the only one of your 6 social games not to be canceled. Now get to work: PS4, Twilight Knight summons, real/virtual levels, Kite comes back, AIKA comes back, badguy has a bracelet too and there's an epic bracelet duel, get on it."
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Kuukai wrote:It's doing well enough that it might get to the end of its "story." Like a lot of Japanese social games, it has a planned lifetime and a finite number of chapters. Is anyone still following it? Does anyone know how many of the 8 pieces of the dragon relief they've gotten yet?
If there is a steady story it's being overshadowed by the constant event scenarios they're pumping out. The game is pretty much nothing more than fanservice (in my humble opinion) I mean...they did just release cards based on a poll where they asked which .hack characters they consider their waifu/husbando. So I'm doubting the significance of anything it may or may not be contributing.
Kuukai wrote:Now get to work: PS4, Twilight Knight summons, real/virtual levels, Kite comes back, AIKA comes back, badguy has a bracelet too and there's an epic bracelet duel, get on it."
 Bring back Ovan too.

http://www.cc2.co.jp/blog/?p=12182
I'm hoping that this new person CC2 hired as a game designer might be a sign towards a brighter future for .hack, considering the series was his motivation for even wanting to become a game designer. (I'm reaching a bit, aren't I?)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There really isn't any substance to it, it's basically G.U. again (collect the 8 things, but they possess players and legendary character zombie things come after them). The entire script is in the back of the artbook.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Kuukai wrote:There really isn't any substance to it, it's basically G.U. again (collect the 8 things, but they possess players and legendary character zombie things come after them). The entire script is in the back of the artbook.
Ah, well then no loss. I'm just in it for the pretty cards anyway.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I kinda suspected after a year of no news that maybe the 'coming to US/EU' was a mistranslation of the interview--regardless, I just got the Japanese version (kinda regret waiting until now, should have gotten it sooner). Hoping they don't shut it down for another few years so I can enjoy it while it lasts :/