Still coming?

Tolby

Still coming?

Post by Tolby »

Wasn't the news for an English release said like over a year ago? Was it cancelled?
Sadivinedevil

Re: Still coming?

Post by Sadivinedevil »

They said they would localize it about a year ago, and I believe they will eventually, the game is doing remarkably well in Japan.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

I believe it got confirmation for a Korean localization, which is hopeful for us in the west.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

Insydius wrote:I believe it got confirmation for a Korean localization, which is hopeful for us in the west.
It will be released by the end of this month .
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Amaso wrote:It will be released by the end of this month .
Really. I haven't heard anything about this.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

The Korean version got officialy released
http://www.tstore.co.kr/userpoc/game/vi ... d=PD004402
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

If it comes the the west by that time I would not even bother due to how I pretty much got going with my Japanese account.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I'd still play the western version, but I might play the Japanese version at the same time. Free to play so I really don't care either way.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

RPG site posted this:
RPGSite wrote:During an art event yesterday, as reported by Siliconera and featured in 4Gamer, commemorating the 1 year anniversary of the company's popular mobile game Guilty Dragon, CyberConnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama said plans were already well underway to make the next .hack entry.

“CyberConnect2 have already begun the planning for the latest installment of the .hack series, and it’s only a matter of time until we can make it a reality."

Matsuyama has also talked about that based on the success of Guilty Dragon, they would be willing to look at possible HD remakes of the older titles in the franchise, a new .hack title on the PS3 or Vita, or porting .hack//G.U. to the Vita.

Guilty Dragon will be arriving in North America and Europe sometime next year.
(http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2765-cyberc ... re-of-hack)

I'm surprised other sources haven't picked this up yet.

-God Ginrai
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Any idea what their source is?
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

SiliconEra and 4Gamer. Here are the respective source articles:

SiliconEra: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/27/pl ... nect2-ceo/

4Gamer: http://www.4gamer.net/games/176/G017696/20131127043/

-God Ginrai
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It looks like the sources just kept sourcing other sources, all the way back to the original statement that we're still wondering about in this thread: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/26/gu ... ca-europe/

Doesn't look like there's been an announcement since then...
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I waited at first but then just said screw it and start playing.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

Kuukai wrote:It looks like the sources just kept sourcing other sources, all the way back to the original statement that we're still wondering about in this thread: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/26/gu ... ca-europe/

Doesn't look like there's been an announcement since then...
Well, the way it was worded on RPG Site, I had assumed they had also been at the event, which would give them the opportunity to obtain information about the NA release first-hand. This could be me reading more into it than is actually there, tho'. However that's how the wording reads to me.

Also, even still, I am still shocked that the other bit of news from that event (new .hack game being planned, possibility of HD remakes and vita ports) has still yet to be reported on the dothackers main page. That seems like pretty landmark news on its own.

-God Ginrai
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

God Ginrai wrote:Well, the way it was worded on RPG Site, I had assumed they had also been at the event, which would give them the opportunity to obtain information about the NA release first-hand. This could be me reading more into it than is actually there, tho'. However that's how the wording reads to me.
Unfortunately they're pretty clearly just translating from the Japanese article they linked to.
God Ginrai wrote:Also, even still, I am still shocked that the other bit of news from that event (new .hack game being planned, possibility of HD remakes and vita ports) has still yet to be reported on the dothackers main page. That seems like pretty landmark news on its own.
April 15, 2013: http://dothackers.net/index.php?subacti ... 1366057752
Right now, it's extremely difficult to continue an original series via console games. But that doesn't mean we're not doing any planning at all.. ..if.. ..we're told ".hack is pretty popular, time for you to make another," then, "just in case something like that happens," we're planning so that we could continue to develop the series.

He gave essentially the same answer last year [2012], when Gematsu asked him about .hack remakes at New York Comic Con. At that time he also said that fan feedback was necessary.
This is pretty old news... Aside from American game website sensationalism there haven't been any huge developments in this area. It will be news when they start actually making it.

We could hype people up, but if it's not going to be out for 3+ years that's just cruel.

To put this in context, all other .hack "main installment" development was more continuous, They went from Quarantine to G.U., began Trilogy while finishing G.U., began Link while finishing Trilogy, began The Movie while finishing Link, began Vers-... well you get the idea. We can expect a wait, since they haven't even started yet.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

So is this setting 2014 as the tentative release date for us guilty dragon? Can we get confirmation? If so that would be some news, its better than no news..
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Doesn't look like there's any new news, aside from Guilty Dragon being released in Korea (which is definitely a step in the right direction).
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Kuukai wrote:Doesn't look like there's any new news, aside from Guilty Dragon being released in Korea (which is definitely a step in the right direction).
Yes Korea is on the right of the globe, Guilty Dragon needs to step in the left direction!