Changing phone and account

Wellrod

Changing phone and account

Post by Wellrod »

Hey :)

Im thinking of getting the samsung s4 and getting rid of my s3 but how will i transfer my game account over? Is it based on google account or internal phone memory because ive deleted guilty dragon before to install the newer version and its remembered my account. :/

Cheers :)
Rekun

Re: Changing phone and account

Post by Rekun »

I think the account details are stored somewhere on your phone. Deleting the game won't delete your account,
but performing a factory reset (deletes all non-default data) will.

I've heard somewhere that you can link your game account to a Twitter account so that if you lose your phone,
you won't lose your account. This still needs to be proven though. Not sure if it's possible to link it to your gmail...

Just throwing in ideas, if ever you feel like taking the risk. haha!
Wellrod

Post by Wellrod »

Thanks for the insight ^^ this could be a problem. What if i managed to take the apllication from the phone itself and directly transfer it to another device? Could that work?
Rekun

Post by Rekun »

I think the account details are stored in a folder different from the game folder. So I think taking the app will only transfer the game, not the account.
Could be worth a shot though, since I don't think there's any risk of losing data. If it doesn't work then...linking to Twitter might be the easiest solution.

OR try locating the account data somewhere in your phone? If you can transfer the app AND the account data, it'll probably work :P
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

As stated Guilty Dragon is connected through twitter. To start connect the game to your account from the settings page, download the game for the new device, click the second option from the first menu (don't you dare touch the first one), enter your twitter information then confirm your character and enjoy the game. In I did the same thing not to long ago. It was kind of scary since no one bothered putting up any instructions. Lucky you.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I'm pretty sure Guilty Dragon uses the internal phone memory AND normal/external memory. To be specific, the game data and everything that it needs to load is stored in the Android folder on the SD card, while the account data and everything it needs to verify that you're the legit user of the account is stored within the internal memory, in the /data/data folder. Your account details, such like your level, stats and cards, are probably stored in CC2's servers, but referrenced through your account data in the phone, so if you start playing Guilty Dragon on a new phone, even if your Google account is the same and you transferred the GD application from the older phone (which is just the game itself), it won't find any account data to link you to your stored GD data and consider you as a new player.

So, if you want to transfer your GD data from your older phone to a newer one, you would have to transfer the files in the /data/data root folders, not the application. And this might be a little complex if you've never worked with Root files before, as you can't access those just by connecting your phone to a computer D: And there's the chance too that, since Root files are key files configured to work only under a specific system (system files, basicly), they won't be compatible on your new phone and it'd be unable to read them...though i don't think so since S3 and S4 work under the same kind of Android OS and are both Samsung phones. It's also possible that there's more important account data in the Root files, not just in the /data folders, but i don't think so either...if there's anything else called "guiltydragon" is probably just temporary files or system logs.

ANYWAYS, the best and easiest way would be to do that Twitter account link, which will identify you as the legit user of the account without having to check those internal data files (or will probably transfer them to you through Twitter). Who knows why the heck it has to be Twitter, but it works and it's the established solution CC2 implemented for these kind of situations, so yeah D:

And BTW, i don't play Guilty Dragon, all this technical stuff is just what i figured on my own when i was trying to find out why GD wouldn't work on my phone 'XD
And if you're not gonna use that S3 phone, give it to me. I needz it ;3; My phone is from the time where the Galaxy S itself was pretty new, and in fact i think even the Galaxy S is better than my phone D; lol
Wellrod

Post by Wellrod »

Thanks for the input mate. Looks like i may need to just make a twitter account for this......all the years of trying to avoid it :/