Guilty Dragon: Story (English) UPDATED FEB. 19, 2013

Kazetrigger

Guilty Dragon: Story (English) UPDATED FEB. 19, 2013

Post by Kazetrigger »

Hello everyone! Here is the English translation of the Guilty Dragon game. You can use this dialog guide to follow along with the game so you understand what the characters are saying.

Part 1 – Opening Story

The protagonist of the story is a novice adventurer who has just started to play the online-game “The World” and has taken a trip to a magnificent land. While taking on the game-tutorial with the navigation-character “Navi-ko”, the hero is suddenly attacked by a female player named “Cocole.”

However, the protagonist triumphs over the female player who did not seem to be a beginner. Cocole is pleased with the protagonist, and the two become friends who go on adventures together. While out on an adventure, our heroes help a female Blademaster Elemia who is being attacked by a mysterious black-clad player at a temple.

They learn that Elemia is on a quest to assemble the “Relief of the Guilty Dragon,” so the hero and Cocole join with Elemia to go on adventures together...

Character Introduction: Navi-ko

The mascot that calls you to adventure.
--Witty System Navigation

“Let's be friends forever.”

Attribute: System Character/Sex: Female (NPC)
Role: Protagonist's (Player's) System Navigation Character inside the game.

Though a Navi-Character who gives a face to system support, her AI is extremely powerful and she can superbly interact with humans. She likes to have comedic conversations with Cocole, and likes to create a soothing atmosphere. She is very proud of her work in system-navigation, but can spoil the game for other players, sometimes acting mopey, and feeling depressed.

Character Introduction: Cocole

The hero's accidental “friend.”
―Always goes with the hero, not afraid to express feelings.

“You're my pal now! Nice to meet ya!”

Attribute: Magic User (Wavemaster?)/Sex: Female
Role: Remains back unnoticed to provide a supporting role for friendly players, a mood-maker.
Annoyed by endless high tension chatter, she has many talks about her odd grandmother.

Being very strong, she will rip people apart with a jerk if she's caught in trouble. If people don't listen to her, they will be very unlucky. She likes to frolic and have fun, but will scream and hide when scared. Se grumbles a lot. However, she is not easily discouraged and will not give up without a fight. She has a very positive outlook on life.

Character Introduction: Elemia

The veteran of the “Adventurers.”
―A player who has continued to play many versions of “The World” for a long time.

“Is it alright if I kill this guy?”

Attribute: Heavy Blade/Sex: Female
Role: Says things to calm everyone, making her feel like the adult of the group.
However, this does not mean she acts like the adult all the time, she has a good control on acting like a child and enjoying the game as well.

The type of game that it is, with events and rare items, the configuration is often hard to find out in advance. From where the previous story of “The World” inadvertently left off, she is definitely a veteran player, so it may be a fairly inbalanced game (in her favor).

The Legend of the Three Powers and the Relief

In order to purify the “Eight Curses” that burdened the Guilty Dragon,
long ago, in this world, the Three Powers vied for supremacy of the continent,
fighting a long battle.
The Citadel of Power Bal Kul held a civilization skilled in the ways of the Broadsword.
The Capital of Skill Lifaan held a civilization skilled in the ways of the Twin Blades.
The Hidden Province of Magic Celeca held a civilization skilled in the ways of the Wave Staff.
However, before the great war, called “The World Disaster,” fought between “Evil” and “Humanity” could take over, the Three Powers joined forces, and helped mankind dismiss the evil.
A grave sin was committed by the evil Dragon, as a turning point in the “betrayal”...
and as time passed, the superpowers lost their power, leaving behind chaos.
The “Temple of the Guilty Dragon” is located on an island no longer held in the memories of the people.
In this place, only the frame of the “Relief of the Guilty Dragon” is kept.
The Relief was broken into eight pieces during the conflict a long time ago. Legend has it that the pieces are scattered all over the world.
Those who succeed in restoring the Relief will receive a “Baptist's Blessing” that will purify the sins of the Dragon and bestow the power to restore the world.

Chapter 1 on Page 2
Last edited by Kazetrigger on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaso

Re: Guilty Dragon: Story Chapter 1 (English Translation)

Post by Amaso »

I have 2 questions about time
1-when do the events of the game occur???
2-When is it going to be released??
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

1. The only information they've given is that Armed conflict is the "newest" version of The World. In terms of in-game continuity, the Mag Mell Story seems like it's been changed so I wouldn't say it necessarily fits into the timeline. In terms of .hack continuity, I doubt there's going to be too much emphasis placed on it but for now all we have is it's the newest version of The World, perhaps a spinoff like VS.
2. "Summer." Matsuyama said that "Summer" goes until October. Please ignore that Starbucks is starting to serve different coffee and my parents are putting up Christmas lights.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Guilty Dragon starts in the year 2030. Would anyone mind breaking down the plot?
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Guilty Dragon starts in the year 2030. Would anyone mind breaking down the plot?
If that's the info on the CC2 site I asked Kazetrigger but he said
Kazetrigger wrote:It's actually just an advertisement.

It tales about the "New" game from CyberConnect and all the fun and adventure you can have. Nothing special.
(Phantom) Thief

Is that all? The setting is moving so fast.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Found this on one of their latest blog posts (http://www.cc2.co.jp/cc2news/?p=4634).

Isn't this the same text which appeared at the end of Thanatos Report?...

What could it mean if anything? The TR did kinda leave us hanging after all o.o
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

Lindz wrote:Found this on one of their latest blog posts (http://www.cc2.co.jp/cc2news/?p=4634).

Isn't this the same text which appeared at the end of Thanatos Report?...

What could it mean if anything? The TR did kinda leave us hanging after all o.o
It's a quote for Friedrich Nietzsche
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster,and if you gaze for long into an abyss, The abyss gazes also into you".~~~~~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Amaso wrote:It's a quote for Friedrich Nietzsche
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster,and if you gaze for long into an abyss, The abyss gazes also into you".~~~~~ Friedrich Nietzsche
I get that I just found it odd for them to "end" .hack on that quote, then 6 months later it pops back up on a Guilty Dragon image~
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I agree, this totally makes me want to get a machine this game works on.

Tanaka would be, like, in his twenties now though...
(Phantom) Thief

Here:

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What was that one even for?
(Phantom) Thief

The first and most of the rest are to celebrate new years day.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well then, I think we can rule out any particular meaning whatsoever...
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Yup >.<

I guess they sorta adopted it as their company slogan somewhere along the way?

Dunno how or why this made it into one of their products though. Then again, and I could be misremembering, but I think it appeared in G.U. Trilogy to?
(Phantom) Thief

Lindz wrote:Yup >.<

I guess they sorta adopted it as their company slogan somewhere along the way?

Dunno how or why this made it into one of their products though. Then again, and I could be misremembering, but I think it appeared in G.U. Trilogy to?
Here (Its stating something about the movie):

Kuukai wrote:Well then, I think we can rule out any particular meaning whatsoever...
Maybe. CC2 is significant fan of brief messages. During one of the openings to G.U. there is some text that flashed near the company logo.
They don't always leave something as ambiguous as the abyss near the end before. Also most of their comic material work into a future product.
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's just the standard dvd copyright notice.

"Heartful and useful for all" was actually their and CC's slogan for a while, and the comics were meant to be "previewesque." At this point this block of abyss text doesn't seem to have much meaning, or at least doesn't connect Thanatos Report to Guilty Dragon very strongly.
(Phantom) Thief

Good point thanks for explaining.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

I just saw these , is any of them the one we talked about ???
http://www.cc2.co.jp/accel/?page_id=378
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

No, those are all inspirational Matsuyama quotes.