A Dothack Concept: Guilty Dragon

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

A Dothack Concept: Guilty Dragon

Post by Kuukai »

Anyone else excited about this? It shows they'll be toying with ideas from .hack forever. I'm not sure how but I'll figure out a way to get this to run on my phone.

http://dothackers.net/index.php?subacti ... rom=&ucat=&
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: A Dothack Concept: Guilty Dragon

Post by TheSorrow »

YAY A NEW .HACK GAME THAT I COULD ACTUALLY PLAY!!! 8DDDD
...Well, it isn't a .Hack game exactly, but it's not too far from one either. It's even being made by the same .hack conglomerate that's been working on all the .Hack games and stuff so far. IT EVEN HAS A SIN DRAGON.

Totally looking forward to it o3o
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I read Android and iPhone does that mean America will get it too? *__*
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Sin Dragon.... Eight Curses???? O.o
Even Dasha is there! And the logo looks like Haseo's 3rd form
I wannaaaa! /OwO/

but I don't have iPhone neither Android.... TTwTT
anyway to play it on PC?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

VirusCoreS wrote: but I don't have iPhone neither Android.... TTwTT
anyway to play it on PC?
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

iPhone and Andriod only? I like the idea of a ".hack concept" even in the logo, but it's not on any platform that I usually play on.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Its based on a concept from .hack? Hell yeah CC2 never ceases to surprise me. Is it just me or does the character on the far right reminds you of some of the ideas for Kite from Great Thief Forteprotze. As for being on the I-phone and Android only I can suggest people try to download the game from the net and port a cell phone operating system to play the game. Its the same as what I tried to do with .hack//Mobile.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:I read Android and iPhone does that mean America will get it too? *__*
Well, i don't think there are any region restrictions regarding mobile OS D: Even if there's no official American release for this game, i'm sure you could easily download and install the japanese game without any problems...you'd just have to deal with the moonspeak and all, but personally this wouldn't be the first game in which i have to deal with that. lol

And yep, as stated above me, if you don't have an Android or iPhone you could still play this on your PC, by installing what would pretty much be an Android emulator (or an iPhone emulator, but i think Android would be easier to find and install, with how easily it allows code modding). It might not give you the 100% functionality that a real Android device would, but it would be more than enough to be able to enjoy this game ;P

This game actually fits perfectly for me, as i don't have a PS Vita and currently can't play PS3 games. And i've been using my Android phone for my gaming needs already, through a GBA emulator and random Android-based games. lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There's an Android emulator with the SDK, but even on my designed-for-Android emulator i7 work machine it's really, really slow. And that's just for the OS, throw a game on top of that and it might be like one frame a second.

There isn't any *mandatory* region-locking for Android like there is for Vita or something, but most Japanese game companies like to lock stuff anyway. Since there isn't a set system, usually they look at your phone's model, carrier, and country of origin. Luckily I think there are apps to make your phone lie about these things. The main problem is then figuring out how to get it off Play to begin with when downloads are restricted to Japan.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Sucks that I hate Apple products with a passion, then.
I don't really feel like getting an Android either, as I'd literally never use it.

Oh well, if it doesn't see a western release, I wish you all decent luck in finding patches for it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Android = internet while you're walking, sleeping, jogging, on the train, in a car ride, at the grocery store, occasionally underwater... I thought I'd "never use it" and now I use it all the time.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Kuukai wrote:Android = internet while you're walking, sleeping, jogging, on the train, in a car ride, at the grocery store, occasionally underwater... I thought I'd "never use it" and now I use it all the time.
I guess 3G does have its benefits, but whenever I walk around in jolly old England, I always end up getting paranoid that some pikey chav is going to walk up behind me and comment on how nice my android is before attempting to steal it away from me... and as I'm going down the 'starving artist' career path, I don't really want to have to think about ohgodnoextracostsohgodwhatifIgetmugged.

But that's just me :I
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

please tell me this isn't one of those Legend of Zelda type's where its a birds eye view with GBA-ish graphics.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Kaori wrote:please tell me this isn't one of those Legend of Zelda type's where its a birds eye view with GBA-ish graphics.
But those are literally the best ones.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote: But those are literally the best ones.
Not for me cheapo.
ataraxia

Post by ataraxia »

I can't say I'm terribly interested. A large part of what attracts me to .hack are the feel, the setting and the general lore. I still remember the feeling of mystery back when I watched SIGN and Liminality while playing the original games. Harald's intentions, Aura's birth, etc., are all part of what makes .hack special to me. And even though G.U. went in a different direction, I still recalled some of those old feelings as I followed it. The unique mixture of fantasy and cyberpunk was also highly attractive to me.

All this stuff about a "Sin Dragon" and whatnot's fine and all, but it may as well just be a completely separate, unrelated game. Just slapping on a few vaguely familiar terms isn't really gonna do much for me. I'm willing to reserve judgment, but I'll have to see how it all looks, at the very least.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Looks promising, thought not quite what I expected. Guess we'll wait and see
Last edited by Vallen on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Kaori wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote: But those are literally the best ones.
Not for me cheapo.
Cheapo? Ouch my pride. Pokemon is still amazing with it's bird's eye view XP.

Regardless, I really want this to come out in America, because I desperately want to play it. Or at least try it out. I ran out of stuff to do on my droid. All I do is Bubble Shooter, Solitaire and Sudoku.

Also for people who are hating on mobile games. My phone can handle Earthbound and Chrono Trigger SO... phones can't be all that crappy.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kuukai wrote:There's an Android emulator with the SDK, but even on my designed-for-Android emulator i7 work machine it's really, really slow. And that's just for the OS, throw a game on top of that and it might be like one frame a second.

There isn't any *mandatory* region-locking for Android like there is for Vita or something, but most Japanese game companies like to lock stuff anyway. Since there isn't a set system, usually they look at your phone's model, carrier, and country of origin. Luckily I think there are apps to make your phone lie about these things. The main problem is then figuring out how to get it off Play to begin with when downloads are restricted to Japan.
Wow...I didn't know about it D: I'd have imagined it would be very easy for a PC to emulate the Android OS...i mean, it's basicly like a mini-Linux, and i won't believe it if you tell me that the cellphone processor is more powerful than an i7 D8'
And i didn't know either that they could still lock out stuff for cellphone apps D: But well, if all else fails, there's nothing that a rooted Android and smart coding won't fix, and you don't exactly HAVE to download it from Google Play...all you need is a certain file to be copied/installed on your cellphone, which can be obtained from more than a single source >3>
nobodyknows wrote:I guess 3G does have its benefits, but whenever I walk around in jolly old England, I always end up getting paranoid that some pikey chav is going to walk up behind me and comment on how nice my android is before attempting to steal it away from me... and as I'm going down the 'starving artist' career path, I don't really want to have to think about ohgodnoextracostsohgodwhatifIgetmugged.

I live in a city where the risk of getting robbed becomes 100% as soon as you walk out (and is at about 40% at least while at home anyways, depending on the time of the year), and i have managed to use and keep an Android phone for a year now. And i use it "all" the time too, but by that, i don't mean walking around looking at my phone all the freaking time like a new-age zombie, and if you do that you're prey to so many bad things and accidents even in the safest place ever.
I also fell victim to that "i'm never going to use it" thinking, as i keep a very tight circle of friends and Twitter is the only social network i really use...but a smartphone truly opens a new path of communication to you like you have no idea of, not to mention there's so many apps from the most retard ones to the most useful ones that you've desired for at least once in your life (simply because you have access to it ALL the time). Anyways, i'm not trying to advertise the little droid here...but really, don't say you won't ever use a smartphone until you have one, and actually find yourself NOT using it. And that would be very rare to happen...because even if all else fails, it still always works as a very sneaky way to play videogames (not just Android games, but pretty much all emulators up to the PSX era, including NES and SNES) without looking like a shameless fellow taking out your PS Vita or DS in front of everyone :P

And as of this new game being a "bird's eye with GBA graphics", or it overall being a poor, cheap game, well...
ImageImage

These pictures come from the dothackers FB page. Now, i can't tell you that the graphics will look like that for the ENTIRE game, but at least that looks like the battle screen, not just a video or something unplayable. Also, i've played many Android games of such graphic quality, and yes, they're all 3D-ish and with such detail like that, not just cheap games of quality not beyond that of a GBA.
There are plenty of reasons why to not like this game, and i understand that many of us would rather see an actual .Hack game than a different game that resembles .Hack or has several features from the .Hack games...but don't use the whole "it's a crappy phone game" excuse. We're past the era of nothing but Snakes and Sudokus for cellphones, and currently a game can be made with the same gaming quality or more than a PSX game, not just be forgotten after 7 days. If your only reason why you don't have faith in this game it's because it'll be on a poor system with no gaming capabilities, then just give it a chance, and i've already told you why you should expect far more than a crappy game with a 10-hour storyline and Pokemon-like graphics.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

TheSorrow wrote:
ImageImage
Oh Thank God it Doesn't look crappy.
nobodyknows wrote: I guess 3G does have its benefits, but whenever I walk around in jolly old England, I always end up getting paranoid that some pikey chav is going to walk up behind me and comment on how nice my android is before attempting to steal it away from me... and as I'm going down the 'starving artist' career path, I don't really want to have to think about ohgodnoextracostsohgodwhatifIgetmugged.

Hey, over here I hear men get mugged while using urinals.