Asia vs Japan?

Tolby

Asia vs Japan?

Post by Tolby »

Whats the difference in region? The Asia one is always cheaper. After looking it up I found no real difference. However, one person did say an Asian region version of Intial D didn't support online play, while the Japan version did.

Basically, is there anything like that with .hack//Versus? I want the best version, but right now play-asia only has the Asia region version. Japan version is presold out. So any information or another place to import would be awesome.
(Phantom) Thief

Re: Asia vs Japan?

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

The Asian version of most PS3 games is meant for Chinese text and dialogue. But it often includes more features than the original like FFXIII - 2 has with its international versions. You can per-order .hack Versus at YesAsia.com
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Then why is the Japan version always so much more? Is it the actual economy of the region that causes that>
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Tolby wrote:Then why is the Japan version always so much more? Is it the actual economy of the region that causes that>
To interrupt. Tolby it can be actual economy of the region however I don't there is an absolute answer. The cost of a game can also be effected by the standard price for a disc in that country. What I have learned is that the amount of any product in the world is the demand for the item cross the item's supply and plus or minus the cost to produce that item. Any other features that are thrown in are also boiled to disc space and what foreign markets are willing to pay to gather customers. Aside from product manipulation games are also effected the value of both country's currency, area of manufacturing as well as trade agreements between separate governments. Heaven forbid if there is a tariff on the items you want to sell.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's mainly that things are cheaper in Hong Kong. People are willing to pay more in Japan. Games are also way cheaper in America than they are in Japan, at least when they come out in America.

FFXIII-2 is a really weird case because it had more or less a global release. 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the time, the Asian edition is exactly the same content as the Japanese edition, but with a little insert in the manual in English and Chinese. What you should look out for is the fact that Blu-rays and DVDs are region locked, so if a game is bundled with either (Versus has both) the regions are going to be different for the Asian edition vs. the Japanese edition. Japan and U.S. are in the same Blu-ray region, but I'm pretty sure Hong Kong isn't. So the movie itself might be totally unwatchable on your PS3, even though you'll be able to play the game. You might want to confirm that before getting it. The DVD was going to be a different region either way, but with the Asian one it would be 3 instead of 2 for Japan or 1 for America.

Usually the Asian edition supports online play, that's probably just a rumor.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Ahh, that sucks. Oh well, I waited too long (since apparently a month before release is too long) and the Japan region sold out. From Play-asia anyways. Other places have it for upwards of 200 dollars.

Since its the world edition, all I really care about is the game, and the bonuses (postcards, artbooks). So I guess I don't mind too much that the movie is unwatchable. I'll just have to buy the normal movie only version later. Or not. I can't speak Japanese anyways. So I'll have to watch it elsewhere anyways.

Game: Ok.
Bonuses: Ok.
70 dorras cheaper: Ok.

Little disappointed I probably can't watch the movie, but overall nice score.

Thanks for the clarification, Kuukai.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

If anyone was wondering the Asia region movie does work on US ps3.