.hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film)

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: .hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film

Post by Kuukai »

Advent_Winter wrote:Sooo, let me make a generalization of this:

Skills = Jutsu
Altmit Skills = Enhanced Jutsu
Exceed = Ultimate Jutsu
I think Altimit is crazier than Exceed. And Exceed seems to be a "super mode" you can enter? I think Narutimate had the same thing...
fragmentedfear wrote:I have still yet to see any source or confirmation these two games are one and the same.
I suppose they could be making another game that looks the same, has no conflicting details, and this announcement was a random surprise out of the blue with no warning. But they never said there was more than one game so that seems unlikely to me...
fragmentedfear

Post by fragmentedfear »

Kuukai wrote:I suppose they could be making another game that looks the same, has no conflicting details, and this announcement was a random surprise out of the blue with no warning. But they never said there was more than one game so that seems unlikely to me...
Aren't most game announcements a surprise? It's not like all games are talked about and revealed before their official announcements. Besides, this fighting game isn't a full new game anyway, it's a bonus extra attached to the movie's BluRay. I have a hard time believing that they'd make such a big deal out of their New Game Project like they were doing before if this was all it was.

And just because there is nothing directly saying they aren't the same thing doesn't mean they are the same thing. The absence of proof isn't the proof of absence and all that. Unless someone can provide be a source for this being the same thing. Or even a source for the Haseo look-alike wasn't the protagonist of Game Project...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Denial is strong in this one.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Kuukai wrote:
Advent_Winter wrote:Sooo, let me make a generalization of this:

Skills = Jutsu
Altmit Skills = Enhanced Jutsu
Exceed = Ultimate Jutsu
I think Altimit is crazier than Exceed. And Exceed seems to be a "super mode" you can enter? I think Narutimate had the same thing...
Ah, so it's similar to an Awakening Mode.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

So what do people want to see in the game? I hope they put in hypothetical characters like they did in the Naruto games. Hell, it even makes sense in this one. Ideas include:
-Blue Kite, if he never used the Book of Twilight
-AIDA Kite (or AIDA... blue... Kite? that could be cool)
-Orca with wings (or with the Book installed... or again why not both? super-Orca!)
-TrAi-na, if she was infected and trying to save Ovan
fragmentedfear wrote:Aren't most game announcements a surprise? It's not like all games are talked about and revealed before their official announcements. Besides, this fighting game isn't a full new game anyway, it's a bonus extra attached to the movie's BluRay. I have a hard time believing that they'd make such a big deal out of their New Game Project like they were doing before if this was all it was.
For .hack, having announced everything else CC2's produced this season literally years in advance, and having leaked information about the hybrid Blu-Ray like three times before announcing the game, that would be kind of weird. The Famitsu article is calling it a "new game."
fragmentedfear wrote:The absence of proof isn't the proof of absence and all that. Unless someone can provide be a source for this being the same thing. Or even a source for the Haseo look-alike wasn't the protagonist of Game Project...
By that logic, I can't provide proof that a giraffe isn't the protagonist. But just because I can't disprove it doesn't mean the idea is very likely to happen. All I can prove is that they never said anywhere that the Haseo-looking guy was the protagonist (and neither did our site when translating it), that the game they were saying we'd get looks exactly like the game we got, and that there aren't any details that necessitate a second game any more than a giraffe protagonist for said game. In any case, I imagine proof one way or another is imminent as soon as CC2 updates their site.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Kuukai wrote:Level Up is Sora's unique Exceed ability, it's not a general mechanic.

Haseo's Exceed might be switching forms.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up and for the other little details. Seeing Haseo mode-switching is a major check off my wishlist, since I'm tired to seeing him get demoted again and again. I do like the hypothetical character idea, though I can't come up with any off the top of my head. I'd be interested in seeing a character like Ouka in the game. The combination of her melee fighting style and ability to change into animal form could present a play style that could stand out a bit among the roster. Too bad Phyllo isn't around, since he could've been our Yoda, lol. The game definitely needs Alkaid in it though. She'd fit in perfectly, being the arena fighter she is and a new form of Piros is definitely a must.
Last edited by k-su on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Endrance if he was saved by someone random instead of Haseo. Like Piros...

Yes, useful Orca.

Tsukasa with a non dead grunty baby..

Older/New Mia.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Aggh I totally skipped over the part of the article that explained Haseo's forms:
-His 2nd and 3rd form happen when he uses skills
-His Xth form is his Exceed

I like the idea of adding people who will make the gameplay more interesting, I hope they do that. So far Sora's "get by with a little help from my friends" theme and Haseo's Frieza-form-free-for-all theme seem like they're going in that direction no matter who they pick. The cool thing is that I guess these theme affect all of their gameplay, they aren't just cutscene moves.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

What if we could have support characters in the fight?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, there still aren't that many details, but from what we do know it looks like that's Sora's exclusive thing. Which is kind of cool anyway, look at how amazing the graphics are for her support. Plus remember this is 3d-compatible...

If every character has their own deep, sophisticated mechanic they bring to the table, it could be an interesting game. Unbalanced as hell--I'll just say that now and get it out of the way--but interesting.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Gone one day and this happens. Well I am quite surprised, a fighting game huh, but then again I'm not too surprised since they do make the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games. Oh well .hack needed something new might as well be a fighting game. I honestly thought this should have happen after beating G.U. a while back, more like an avatar vs avatar fighting game thought back then. The only question is whether or not it has a story because fighting games just seem dull without a good one IMO, then again being packaged with the movie probably means the movie is the story.

Oh and for all of those thinking that this game wouldn't get localized. There is no way, IMO, that a Fighting game from Cyber Connect 2 would get passed up by Namco Bandai, even if it isn't Naruto.

Post on Screwattack
http://www.screwattack.com/news/hackver ... ovie-japan
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It looks like there's a story: Tokio is called "9" now.
nishibushi

Post by nishibushi »

I'm looking forward to this. I want to know where i can pre-order this, even if it isn't in English.

This set looks really cool.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/122.jpg
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kuukai wrote:It looks like there's a story: Tokio is called "9" now.
It is likely there is a story and hopefully they won't skimp on it, I just get that "We decided to include this as a bonus" vibe from this game. As for Tokio being renamed "9" I have no idea why they did that. Also I hope they explain Tokio's new look, if it is him, because he looks really dark, kind of like the Azure versions of the Descendants of Fianna from G.U.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Tokio is obviously the chosen child of the keyblade. The 8 normal phases and then him as 9. As the final. As the answer. Or maybe hes just number 9 in organization xiii.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Does anyone read dothackers.net?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yeah. Didnt say anything other than his last character is also 9. We're speculating on past that.
k-su

Post by k-su »

If I remember correctly, there's supposed to be some focus on Aura's behavior in relation to the movie. Wonder how that and notTokio's appearance relates.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

For the love of god, please let alkaid be in this XD she seems perfect for a fighter game.

Yes it's me, but not the old me, he's gone.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Trailer, guys!