New .hack//Game?

laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Re: New .hack//Game?

Post by laysh »

In "The World"'s story line they were magic barriers to hold the monsters at bay and out of the cities if I remember correctly. I so loved combining root words to create a dungeon to explore :( I spent so many hours just doing that.
TrueNeptune

Post by TrueNeptune »

I hope some form of BlackRose is in this new game. I'm looking forward to it, but i'm worried about the possiblity of it only being in japanese. Thats why i really dont care for the movie, because - its in japanese, and i cant understand japanese at all.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

To be honest Link was not been released for the West. I do not think even for a second this next series will make it here without the former released. Also if the game is released with the movie for dvd & blue ray then that is one more defense against the series returning to the West.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

For //Link it was also on a handheld and handheld games don't sell the best in the west like it does in japan from my understanding. However since they did release Quantum for us and since It looks as though it may be on the ps3 there is a glimmer of hope. If it doesn't I guess I can buy the Japanese version and chain Kyuukai down to make him translate everything that they are saying as I play the game. Though if there is no random keywords that I can put together to make a dungeon it isn't .hack// to me!
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:To be honest Link was not been released for the West. I do not think even for a second this next series will make it here without the former released. Also if the game is released with the movie for dvd & blue ray then that is one more defense against the series returning to the West.
The chances of the games of the series returning to the West are much higher since CyberConnect2's latest non Naruto titles, Solatorobo (DS) and Asura's Wrath (PS3 and Xbox 360), have been released in the west. The DS title Solatorobo had much less of a chance than Link did and it was only because Nintendo of Europe insisted that they release it in Europe then it was eventually picked up by Xseed and published in North America. These circumstances are unlikely to happen again especially to the .hack series, and the only reason .hack//Link didn't get released is because it had too much going against it. The game itself isn't particularly fun because of its simple and extremely repetitive combat system, there were too many lines to be translated and too much voice work for a PSP game, and the relatively low sales in Japan when compared to the rest of the series ruined it's chances of coming over to the west. If the new title is being released on the home consoles and is ported over to the Vita or 3DS then it has significantly higher chances of being localized to the west. Unfortunately, only time will tell.

Though there is that obvious concern that Namco Bandai doesn't care too much about releasing CyberConnect2's original properties outside of Naruto to the west.
Of course .hack//Link wasn't Localized outside of Japan.
Why did Nintendo of Europe have to publish Solatorobo in Europe and why did Xseed have to publish it in North America?
Why was Asura's Wrath published by Capcom?

These concerns could be very minor as these things tend to happen all the time in the Industry.
Some games don't make the cut, a publisher might not want to invest in localization so they outsource (Xseed is currently publishing many games from Japan, including Nihon Falcom's games, in America for this reason) and a developer does not need to be tied to one publisher.
I'm only concerned because these actions are outside the norm for CyberConnect2 and their games. They more or less make me question the relationship between CyberConnect2 and Namco Bandai.
Kenichiii

Post by Kenichiii »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/21/fe ... ackversus/

Found this!!
Sadly it will be only Versus. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
But it might be even nice.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kenichiii wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/21/fe ... ackversus/

Found this!!