Dodge Attack?

Lindz

Dodge Attack?

Post by Lindz »

If ya attack at the right time coming out of a roll, the more precise left/right-dash, or the backflip, Tokio flashes super briefly an there's an additional sound effect played with the attack. Is there some meaning behind this? Like does this give ya an auto-critical ala PSU/Portables perfect guard? Been wondering about this for awhiles now. Don't recall it coming up in the in-game tutorials, an if there's anything in the manual about this I gots no clue!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Dodge Attack?

Post by Kuukai »

I have no idea, I don't remember that at all. Is there a whole hidden dimension to the gameplay that everyone missed? Is .hack//Link secretly a 10-out-of-10 game in disguise?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

lol I think we all know none of 'em are 10/10 games including Link! But ya know at least the others went into depth with their battle mechanics x.x;

Far as I can tell the instruction book doesn't say a thing about this nor anything in-game! Heck the game doesn't even mention rolling/dodges! Nor does it give any detail about Tokio's rank up moves!

"S-Dash+: Increases travel distance of the Slide Dash."

I mean at first I thought this meant increased roll/dodge distance. Nope! It's the X + X Sonic-style homing thing! I dun blame this on translation either. Blames on CC2 for poorly documenting their crap. Sure the games kinda easy an like items its obviously not necessary but still! Its cool to find new things but to never know what they do... bleh! Its pretty easy to pull off once ya got the timing down so if it gives ya invincibility frames, a dmg boost, or whatevers maybe someone'll figure it out.

btw the sound effect which plays is the same as the one when opening the Volcano zones boss door and the flash is steel/silver colored.

edit! here's a pic!

Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Got an update to this! Turns out that after you flash attack if you roll/dodge again you'll get the flash & sound effect to!

X O X O X O... yes! With the right timing ya can do this infinitely!

As for the purpose I still dunno! At the very least it seems to make those finicky LRB dodges much easier!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^.^ thats quite a find, didn't realise you could do that in the game..not that i've played much of it to notice the flashing.

d(^-^) nice discovery! I'm sure they'll be a good reason,like keeping a combo hit counter by allowing you to dodge more often.