Namco Bandais E3 video may mean .hack//Link will be released

Sadivinedevil

Namco Bandais E3 video may mean .hack//Link will be released

Post by Sadivinedevil »

After watching Namco Bandai's E3 preview video I got to say I was skeptical, but on closer inspection I noticed that there was a big Gundam statue also being displayed along with Azure Kite and the guy from Tekken (I don't play Tekken so I have no clue who he is). Well guess what? Namco Bandai announced Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 a few weeks ago. Now I think it's definitely more plausible that .hack//Link will be announced at E3 or before E3 because of this. I wouldn't be completely hopeful (since it hasn't been officially announced), but it seems much more likely because of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 announcement.

http://www.dothackers.net/index.php?sub ... rom=&ucat=&
http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.ph ... s-revealed
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Namco Bandais E3 video may mean .hack//Link will be rele

Post by TheSorrow »

You know, that might as well mean something like "Hey guys, sorry we aren't going to release .Hack//LINK but here, have this little Azure Kite cardboard thing so you know how much we still love you <3 ...Now go buy Tekken and Gundam".

I'd rather remain skeptical about this...Yes, a news involving .Hack//LINK would be amazingly great, and that video is such a hard-to-ignore hint, but it's also too exaggerative to be all eager and excited like if they had fully announced it. All we can do now is wait and hope...maybe even if they don't localize .Hack//LINK, they'll give us some news or some special thing that will please us .Hack fans, or at least not make us feel totally ignored.

On another note...dat combo in the video. Though it's actually impossible to do, she pulled that second kick out of nowhere, and even if she had done it properly, there's no way it would've caused a second bound in the same combo. Not to mention that they must be fighting at 20% health or so, since the 2 first hits did as much damage as i do with one full Bryan combo. That launcher by itself was extremely strong. Sooo...yeah o3o lol
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I must say I'd be a little upset if they did announce .hack//Link because I just bought the Japanese import, but I'll be okay with it if they do. It just seems really plausible for .hack//Link to be announced because of this. I'm also wondering if Solatorobo will be announced for America at E3 also because it has been announced for Europe first like Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 was. Oh well I'm definitely looking forward to E3 this year, good news or bad news.
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

Is it me or does that fight remind you of Tokio vs Klarinette in .hack//LINK Twilight Knights Vol.2 (the manga)?
I mean, the controller, the winning character.........

Maybe I'm just getting too much hopeful!
Kenpobuu

Post by Kenpobuu »

I really really REALLY hope they'll announce a localization at E3...
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kenpobuu wrote:I really really REALLY hope they'll announce a localization at E3...
I'm assuming that since they've already announced a Tekken 7 and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (which correlate to the two statues next to the TV in the video) .hack link might be announced at E3 if the statues and cardboard cutouts in the video are anything to go by. If they are then we can also expect yet another Pacman game announcement at E3 as well (according to the figurines under the TV in the video).

Anyway I'm having a lot of fun with the copy of .hack//Link I imported, and even though I paid a lot for it I'd still like to see a localized version.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I can say with little uncertainty now that .hack//Link will be announced at E3 since every visible representation in Namco Bandai's second video for E3 (Tekken, Gundam, Pacman, and Galaga) have been announced except .hack.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I don't think there's a connection with Link and the video. The game still hasn't been licensed in America. And without that they wouldn't be able to begin work on a translation. Tri Edge is probably there because of a past promotion.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I don't think there's a connection with Link and the video. The game still hasn't been licensed in America. And without that they wouldn't be able to begin work on a translation. Tri Edge is probably there because of a past promotion.
*cough*G.U.*cough*
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I'm aware. However the moment we see Tokio, I don't think even I would argue against that. That said I know where to check for game licensing, but does anyone know the location of a database for books?
Kite

Post by Kite »

its probably a mistake or they hate US.
probably looking at this lol ing at us while burning baby grunty
Kenpobuu

Post by Kenpobuu »

Kite wrote:its probably a mistake or they hate US.
probably looking at this lol ing at us while burning baby grunty
I hope that's untrue. :( That would be so rude and sadistic of them. :(
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

I am hopeful this means an official Link localization, but I still have doubts if this was an intentional leak they probably would have had a Tokio cutout or something related to LINK itself as opposed to left-overs from their GU campaign. either way we have a week and we will know everything.
Kite

Post by Kite »

if they did show link it would be on the sony press conference right?
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Probably not it is unfortunately not high profile enough to be part of the Sony show, I think they have their own press event that they would show it at, or else at least at the booth where some news organization will notice it.
Kite

Post by Kite »

then i wont be able to find it online
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kite wrote:if they did show link it would be on the sony press conference right?
It'll most likely be in the Namco bandai booth.
JunBansyoya wrote:I am hopeful this means an official Link localization, but I still have doubts if this was an intentional leak they probably would have had a Tokio cutout or something related to LINK itself as opposed to left-overs from their GU campaign. either way we have a week and we will know everything.
I'm actually sure that every poster and cutout in all of their videos have been deliberately put there to show off what games they are going to be presenting at E3, I can also vaguely see a Soul Calibur V poster in the same video. The fact that they used a G.U. cutout probably means that they didn't make a Link cutout yet or they thought fans would recognize the G.U. cutout more easily than a Link cutout. I'm not sure why they had the Azure Kite cutout, but the fact that almost every other game represented in that video has been announced means that it is very likely that Link will be announced. I'm still a little skeptical because Link is the only thing in the video that hasn't been announced yet, but I'm sure we'll know sooner or later.
Kite

Not coming to E3

Post by Kite »

Guys I just checked gamespots E3 line up of over 600 games.
.hack//Link is not their.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Not coming to E3

Post by TheSorrow »

Kite wrote:Guys I just checked gamespots E3 line up of over 600 games.
Decided to merge your new topic with this one. Let's keep all E3/LINK-related conversations in here :P

And well, i don't know how the E3 works, as in, if video game companies have to register all the games they're going to announce and you can find lists about them. But if so, can we be sure that such Gamespot list is 100% official and accurate, and if there's no game announced it means that such game won't be released on the E3 no matter the circumstances?
Are there other Namco Bandai games on that list?
Sadivinedevil

Re: Not coming to E3

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kite wrote:Guys I just checked gamespots E3 line up of over 600 games.
Well we'll see if that is true. E3 just started and Namco Bandai isn't going to open it's booth until tomorrow, according to their website. A few games aren't announced until they get the spotlight at these events (usually surprises at the press conferences), and Gamespot could be missing or holding back some information too. Then again some of the games that were represented in Namco Bandai's E3 videos were originally announced outside of E3. Namco might have some news on .hack//Link during or after the event, just keep an eye out for information if they have it. I'm glad to see the other Cyber Connect 2 projects (Asura's Wrath and Solatorobo: Red the Hunter) are on that list though.
http://e3.gamespot.com/games.html
Oh and by the way There are about 100-200 games on this list, a lot of the games have multiple version.