Namco Bandais E3 video may mean .hack//Link will be released

Sadivinedevil

Re: Namco Bandais E3 video may mean .hack//Link will be rele

Post by Sadivinedevil »

From what I can tell Gamespot's E3 game list is adaptive and is constantly changing, so it isn't completely reliable at the moment.
databug

Post by databug »

dont rely on anything that your get from gamespot,(these guys also rely on events like this to get their info 2) remember they kept Duke Nukem Forever in their system for what seems like forever! i would just keep my eyes peeled to what Namco and their community directors say!

oh thanks Namco for My copy of Ridge Racer Type 4 for free!

i just asked one of the community managers (who is one of my good friends) about if we should keeps hopes up for .hack// related news at E3 i will update soon.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Well it looks like Sony had nothing to say about .hack//Link, I knew they wouldn't though. But I was quite amazed that they didn't show any of the PSP remasters aside from God of War Origins. Oh Well the PSVita looks interesting and it is also priced well. Hopefully .hack//Link will show up at Namco's booth tomorrow.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact (A new game from Cyber Connect 2 for the PSP) has been announced. In the 4th E3 promotional video there is a poster for a Naruto game, and as with all the other series represented in their promotional videos there has been a corresponding game announced around E3. Still no word on if .hack//Link will be announced, but this development solidifies that there will most likely be an announcement for the .hack series.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

"Hey guys! Unfortunately, we have no news on Tales or .Hack. But as soon as I hear anything, you guys will be the first to know!" Namco Bandai has responded to our call outs for news on .hack//Link, on Facebook, but I'm a little puzzled by what I am reading. In a way I don't like how this response is worded, it sounds like the person who responded was out of the loop. This response is also somewhat ambiguous, and sounds like they are saying there is a possibility for information regarding both series, but they apparently Namco Bandai doesn't know about it yet.

Also take note that they say there isn't any news on both series yet instead of claiming that .hack wasn't going to be localized. This could mean that they are working on .hack but they don't want to reveal it yet, but as with everything else about Namco Bandai's E3 presentation so far they are being very vague on the niche titles. I'm tired of being the conspiracy theorist, but from what they have provided, in the video's and possibly some tweets, suggest that they may be working on it. I just wish they would just say yes or no on the localization of .hack//Link and be over with it. I'll be enjoying the rest of the E3 coverage, and if I see anything about .hack//Link I'll be sure to post it on this thread.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, there's still hope on a localization, they haven't said "No" and perhaps they're at least thinking about getting it licensed or whatever it's required to actually begin with the localization work. But yeah, the whole "as soon as i hear anything, we'll let you know" is very vague and ambiguous...and even forced/automatic :/ It's actually the kind of reply people give you when they don't want to hire you at a job or something. lol

Our admins have just gotten word of Namco Bandai at E3 regarding .Hack//LINK as well..."No Comment", is what they have to say about it.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

The "No Comment" reply may imply that they are holding the information back until later. It would still be a cruel joke if they didn't say anything about it when they hyped all the fans up with their second promotional video for E3. As I've said before every game represented in that video has been announced except the .hack title. We still have two days left so maybe they'll bring out their more niche titles in those two days, I'm still waiting for a Solatorobo announcement as well.

I have also beaten the import of .hack//Link and I must say I understand why it would take this long to localize it, if it is being localized that is. Almost every line is spoken out, and each character has their own unique voice. On top of that the game goes over the gist of every part of .hack which is an enormous series. If anything now is a good time for an announcement, if they are working on .hack//Link that is.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Tuesday, June 7
11:00 am – Intro to E3
1:00 pm – E3 Kickoff
2:15 pm – Namco Bandai Booth Tour
3:15 pm – Inversion
4:15 pm – Ace Combat
5:15 pm – Dark Souls
6:15 pm – Galaga
7:30 pm – Wrap Up

Wednesday, June 8
10:15 am – Recap
11:00 am – Taco Truck
12:00 pm – Soul Calibur
1:45 pm – Tekken
2:30 pm – Ace Combat Hands On
3:15 pm – Inversion Hands On
4:00 pm – Inversion Head-to-Head
4:30 pm – Dark Souls Hands On
5:15 pm – Galaga Impressions
6:45 pm – Wrap Up

Thursday, June 9
9:45 am – E3 Highlights
10:15 am – Galaga Reveal
10:30 am – Recap
11:15 am – Go Vacation
11:45 am – Power Rangers Trailer
12:15 pm – Inversion Dev Interview
1:00 pm – Ace Combat Dev Interview
1:45 pm – Dark Souls Dev Interview
2:30 pm – Mobile Games
3:15 pm – Soul Calibur Dev Interview
4:00 pm – Tekken Dev Interview
6:00 pm – Wrap Up
From their website this is what they are planning for their e3 coverage I would imagine that what I have in bold is where they might say something about .hack//LINK if there is anything to say.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

That seems like the most likely time for them to do so, unless they announce a remastered version for the PS3, but they might announce it before, after, or never. The only thing we have to go on right now is the Azure Kite cutout in their second promotional video. They're being awfully secretive about it and haven't given us a yes or no. The same can be said for the Tales of series as well, of course Graces F and Abyss 3D are going to be localized.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

"Mobile games" sounds more like games to be released for Android or iPad or something, but i'm not sure if Namco Bandai has any games like that, and since the rest of the annoucements are about console games then yeah, that would be the fitting time for talking about any PSP games, hopefully LINK among them.
And i REALLY doubt that they'd announce a remastered version of ANY .Hack game :/ The fanbase that it would be aimed to is much more smaller than even the Soul Calibur fanbase, and i don't think they would take their time and effort to release something only aimed for a few thousands. I'd much rather have them spend such time working with the LINK localization. And as of released LINK directly for the PS3...that's just an impossible wish.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

From what I have seen the remasters aren't that big of an undertaking like localization is (then again I have not idea what it takes to remaster a game). An announcement for a PS3 version may be more profitable in the long run since the PSP is basically dying out. Then again I really shouldn't assume that the PSP isn't a profitable console since I've seen the Ys series, a series that rarely sells well outside of Japan, sold better on the PSP in America than it did in Japan.

I also wouldn't dismiss the fact that the mobile games section of their schedule is for their iphone and droid games. Then again the PSP, Vita, DS, and 3DS handhelds could also be considered mobile. The only PSP game that I have seen at E3 from Namco Bandai is Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

From the dothackers main page (and Twitter and Facebook), quoting it here because it's relevant:
yay dothackers wrote:Dothackers fan Adam Hedges, an E3 .hack//Detective if you will, tracked down our buddy Rich (who is Namco Bandai's community manager) at the convention today and asked him straight up what is going on with the localization of .hack//Link for the PSP. Here's the reply:

"Met with Rich. He is a very nice person and he said that while nothing is announced it is something they are discussing as they wish to listen more to the fans. When I brought up how it feels like they are not listening to us on the message board and Facebook, he said he understands and after E3 that is something they're going to address. when I asked him for any advice to give us he said to keep doing what were doing and not be afraid to keep reaching out to him."

So there you have it. Hopefully a definitive answer will be out soon, and hopefully Rich takes a picture of himself with the Grunty we sent him. Hopefully.
So, maybe we should just relax now when it comes to .Hack//LINK and the E3, but still remain all hopeful and expectful when it comes to news concerning this :P
There is way too much "expectation" they're giving us already for them to say that they aren't going to localize it, honestly.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:So, maybe we should just relax now when it comes to .Hack//LINK and the E3, but still remain all hopeful and expectful when it comes to news concerning this :P
There is way too much "expectation" they're giving us already for them to say that they aren't going to localize it, honestly.
I dunno, this sounded to me like "keep buggin us until we give up and do it" or something like that:
he said that while nothing is announced it is something they are discussing as they wish to listen more to the fans
when I asked him for any advice to give us he said to keep doing what were doing and not be afraid to keep reaching out to him.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Well this is some moderately good news for us. Unfortunately, if they haven't started localizing it yet it could be another year before we get it.
nishibushi

Post by nishibushi »

JunBansyoya wrote:
Tuesday, June 7
11:00 am – Intro to E3
1:00 pm – E3 Kickoff
2:15 pm – Namco Bandai Booth Tour
3:15 pm – Inversion
4:15 pm – Ace Combat
5:15 pm – Dark Souls
6:15 pm – Galaga
7:30 pm – Wrap Up

Wednesday, June 8
10:15 am – Recap
11:00 am – Taco Truck
12:00 pm – Soul Calibur
1:45 pm – Tekken
2:30 pm – Ace Combat Hands On
3:15 pm – Inversion Hands On
4:00 pm – Inversion Head-to-Head
4:30 pm – Dark Souls Hands On
5:15 pm – Galaga Impressions
6:45 pm – Wrap Up

Thursday, June 9
9:45 am – E3 Highlights
10:15 am – Galaga Reveal
10:30 am – Recap
11:15 am – Go Vacation
11:45 am – Power Rangers Trailer
12:15 pm – Inversion Dev Interview
1:00 pm – Ace Combat Dev Interview
1:45 pm – Dark Souls Dev Interview
2:30 pm – Mobile Games
3:15 pm – Soul Calibur Dev Interview
4:00 pm – Tekken Dev Interview
6:00 pm – Wrap Up
From their website this is what they are planning for their e3 coverage I would imagine that what I have in bold is where they might say something about .hack//LINK if there is anything to say.
Well i was just watching gamespot and they went over to the namcobandi mobile game area and he didnt mention .hack//link :(. Oh but they do have katamari for the ipad though >_>.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

nishibushi wrote:Oh but they do have katamari for the ipad though >_>
Oh wow, perfect news!! Just what we've waiting for all along!!...=3= lol

Well, thanks for informing us!! :3 Yeah, no mention of .Hack on the E3 then. So now our hopes for the localization only rest in the words from Rich.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

From what I've read so far I believe they are either considering localizing Link or they are currently working on it. They said to keep an eye out for information after E3 whether or not it will be directly after or never is up to them. Now if the American localization for Solatorobo was announced at E3 that would compensate for the lack of information on Link. Heck 3 Cyber Connect 2 games are better than 2 after all, even if one of them is another Naruto game.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Sadivinedevil wrote:From what I've read so far I believe they are either considering localizing Link or they are currently working on it. They said to keep an eye out for information after E3 whether or not it will be directly after or never is up to them. Now if the American localization for Solatorobo was announced at E3 that would compensate for the lack of information on Link. Heck 3 Cyber Connect 2 games are better than 2 after all, even if one of them is another Naruto game.
I personally wasn't expecting .hack//Link to be at E3 2011. But here's the sort-of official response from Rich, Namco Bandai's community manager: http://dothackers.net/index.php?subacti ... rom=&ucat=&
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

d5t wrote:
Sadivinedevil wrote:From what I've read so far I believe they are either considering localizing Link or they are currently working on it. They said to keep an eye out for information after E3 whether or not it will be directly after or never is up to them. Now if the American localization for Solatorobo was announced at E3 that would compensate for the lack of information on Link. Heck 3 Cyber Connect 2 games are better than 2 after all, even if one of them is another Naruto game.
I personally wasn't expecting .hack//Link to be at E3 2011. But here's the sort-of official response from Rich, Namco Bandai's community manager: http://dothackers.net/index.php?subacti ... rom=&ucat=&
...Which is what i already quoted like 5 posts ago
.3. lol
nishibushi

Post by nishibushi »

TheSorrow wrote:
d5t wrote:
...Which is what i already quoted like 5 posts ago
.3. lol

I know, but someone else was talking about the mobile game part of bamco's presentation might cover this, i was just saying from what i saw from gamespots exploration of it.