.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Furiizaa

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Post by Furiizaa »

I also haven't been able to find anyway to update the latest ISO with the patch on a computer. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

(Also if this is the wrong spoke to put this I'm sorry.)

Thank you!
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Furiizaa wrote:I also haven't been able to find anyway to update the latest ISO with the patch on a computer. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

(Also if this is the wrong spoke to put this I'm sorry.)

Thank you!
All the information is here:

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/ ... anslation/

Follow the instructions one by one. If you search around the Internet, you can also find ISOs that are already patched for download.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

This translation keeps inching closer and closer to completion... I love it!
tori

Post by tori »

I have a problem with the new patch v0.2.3. It starts after I completed the first level and went back to open my 'e-mail' for the first time, the screen froze and everything stopped. I'm playing //link using ppsspp emulator and I hope you can fix this in the new patch.
I'd like to thank you a lot for your hard work on this translation and maybe hope you help me in this matter.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

tori wrote:I have a problem with the new patch v0.2.3. It starts after I completed the first level and went back to open my 'e-mail' for the first time, the screen froze and everything stopped. I'm playing //link using ppsspp emulator and I hope you can fix this in the new patch.
I'd like to thank you a lot for your hard work on this translation and maybe hope you help me in this matter.
The freezing is all over the game, but the e-mail section has the most issues. There is currently no fix except to use the ISO swap trick and there will likely be no fix until the very last patch or perhaps as a supplementary patch after the game is completely translated.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

So I tried my hand at, once again, downloading all the patches and patching the game. Following the instructions so far with no problems starting with the first patch, Mirage Mutation Patch v0.2. But when it gets to step #6 of "How to Add the new DATA.CPK and other files to the ISO", I'm not sure what it means when it tells me to delete the opening.pmf file while running UMDGen v3.50 and replace it from the patch.zip file.

Exactly, what zip file?
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Keyaki wrote:So I tried my hand at, once again, downloading all the patches and patching the game. Following the instructions so far with no problems starting with the first patch, Mirage Mutation Patch v0.2. But when it gets to step #6 of "How to Add the new DATA.CPK and other files to the ISO", I'm not sure what it means when it tells me to delete the opening.pmf file while running UMDGen v3.50 and replace it from the patch.zip file.

Exactly, what zip file?
The 0.3 version patch was just released. Use that patch.

The zip file is the patch archive file you downloaded. When you open it, it contains all the files you need. The opening.pmf file is in the videos folder in the patch zip file. The opening.pmf file is not found in patches before 2.3 I believe.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kazetrigger wrote:
Keyaki wrote:So I tried my hand at, once again, downloading all the patches and patching the game. Following the instructions so far with no problems starting with the first patch, Mirage Mutation Patch v0.2. But when it gets to step #6 of "How to Add the new DATA.CPK and other files to the ISO", I'm not sure what it means when it tells me to delete the opening.pmf file while running UMDGen v3.50 and replace it from the patch.zip file.

Exactly, what zip file?

The zip file is the patch archive file you downloaded. When you open it, it contains all the files you need. The opening.pmf file is in the videos folder in the patch zip file. The opening.pmf file is not found in patches before 2.3 I believe.
So just patch with just the 0.3 version?

When I opened v0.2 patch in UMDGen I saw the opening.pmf file in the movie folder
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Keyaki wrote:
Kazetrigger wrote:

Exactly, what zip file?

So just patch with just the 0.3 version?

When I opened v0.2 patch in UMDGen I saw the opening.pmf file in the movie folder
Yes, just use 0.3. It shouldn't be that complicated to patch. You can skip the video part if you wish.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/ ... anslation/

v0.3.5 is out!

I see those completion numbers are really high up there now! Time for me ta get rolling on yet another playthrough huh?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^(^ - ^)^ thanks for letting us know, yay for more translations.
Elk_HL

Post by Elk_HL »

Hello,

I downloaded only the patch v0.3.5 and followed the instructions but the game is still all in japanese.
Do I have to apply all the patchs one by one? Or am I doing something really wrong in the process? :(

--edit--

aaa it was just a java problem, it worked now!!
Thanks for your hard work, its amazing! :D
dtdsora

Post by dtdsora »

Just got through to the first part of the IMOQ era, putting my notes... I didnt actually start taking notes until i started doing the skits, though

Skits:
  • Man of destiny: Say's "They've overcome many ordeals", shouldn't it be "We've" or "You've"
  • There's no love like a parents(?, last bit was covered):"A bunch" I dont think 2 is considered "A bunch", and at some point, Bear returns to speaking Japanese
  • ??? Time off (covered by the last one):a "company" man, not really a phrase i've heard, but if "business" man wouldn't fit, that's understandable. Also "Hot spring of the Twilight of the Twilight"???
  • "Secret Ambition" (ひそかな野望):Mimiru becomes yoda, saying "Did not we"
IMOQ part 1: Kite says "Delta Collapsing Primitive Heavens" is where Orca was DD'd, shouldnt it be "Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field"
part 2: Mistral is apparently an "itekm" collector

ZERO part 3 and Roots part 0 (2020 part 4): Tokio and Saika become part of the Master Control Program from Tron, saying "EOL" in some scenes, before the boss fight in ZERO-3 and after arriving at Mac Anu R:2 in Roots-0
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Hey, so I wanna throw a quick heads-up. I had gotten the chance to get back to //Link with school being over and I noticed something.

Remember that glitch that would happen when you open the emails forcing you to load up the clean .iso to check the emails then switch back?

Well, when I was playing it, for some reason the glitch didn't occur. The first time I checked the emails was after(IIRC) my first meeting with Mimiru and I unconsciously checked my emails and the glitch didn't happen. It happened the next few instances I had to check my emails as well. The glitch never occurred and I never had to switch back to the clean .ISO
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

v.04 is out!
https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/ ... -released/

The latest patch for .hack//Link has been released! It contains all S files, and has some some cleaner grammar and spelling, although many files still need work. A future patch will correct all the spelling, grammar, and plot issues.
In theory all main & side story dialogue is translated now but I know I'm not the only one that encountered translated dialogue in one scene reverting to untranslated in the next in the past patch. So we gotta stay vigilant while investigating this new version of the game!

Which I will do when the following error is figured out:

Error: ".\data\apc\msg\apcmsg01_bri.css" is not found.

The patch process is grinding to a halt for me here. Ditto for the v0.3.5 patcher which I'd been able to do previously so it must be something up with my pc?
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Lindz wrote: Which I will do when the following error is figured out:

Error: ".\data\apc\msg\apcmsg01_bri.css" is not found.

The patch process is grinding to a halt for me here. Ditto for the v0.3.5 patcher which I'd been able to do previously so it must be something up with my pc?
I've tested the patch and no such error has come up. Several users have mentioned missing files, but whenever I check the patch, all the files they mention are there and have not been touched. I feel as though the issue may be with their version of Java or perhaps the patcher just had a hiccough.

If Run_To_Patch.bat does not work, try the alternate method, or vice versa.

Or visit NicoBlog.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Updated java an stuff an still a no-go. So I used the old patch method an it worked. Once the quick/simple patch method was introduced that worked for me fine, but within the past year I got a different pc so its prolly a thing on my end.

Anyhow went a checked one of the irregularities I remember finding with the 0.3.5 patch an it remains in the new version:

.hack// - ep02 (Scene 4): http://i.imgur.com/7irUlOZ.jpg

Mid-conversation for just one line Mia goes japanese! This happens elsewhere to, just figured I'd post the one example ta keep things simple. Anyways keep up the good work... in moderation! Burning out towards the end stretch'd bite!
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Sorry for this post, it was probably already discussed and solved but I can't find it right now.
I randomly get freezes when using items. Doesn't always happen, only around 30% of the time. The music continues but the screen doesn't move anymore, it freezes after I confirmed using an item (like Mage's Soul and so on). Any ideas what causes this or which post already explained this?
I have the newest patch version and play on PSP.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Hurrah! The patcher works again! Also that picture I posted above still applies! I know kazetrigger mentioned fixing some (most?) instances of this happening so hoping the others I vaguely recall went through just fine.
Adhemas wrote:Sorry for this post, it was probably already discussed and solved but I can't find it right now.
I randomly get freezes when using items. Doesn't always happen, only around 30% of the time. The music continues but the screen doesn't move anymore, it freezes after I confirmed using an item (like Mage's Soul and so on). Any ideas what causes this or which post already explained this?
I have the newest patch version and play on PSP.
Were you using it from the Item menu or off of the Trigger? Cause I've had a freeze when using items out of the menu itself in a past patch. Also not a 100% thing.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Were you using it from the Item menu or off of the Trigger? Cause I've had a freeze when using items out of the menu itself in a past patch. Also not a 100% thing.
Sorry for the delayed reply, but yes exactly. It happens when I use the menu.

Edit
Another question: is it relevant which e-mail replies I choose?
The info said it might unlock new events, but I don't know if that depends on the answers I give or if it's good enough when you just answer in general, regardless which option you choose.
http://omoteura.com/hack_link/mail-tsukasa.html for example seems to suggest that the only thing changing are the answers we get.