.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

JunBansyoya

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Post by JunBansyoya »

Great I am mistaken about the language requirements for European games, I know Canada requires at least both French and English on the packaging.
Aoi honoo no Kaito

Post by Aoi honoo no Kaito »

any news?
Rammur

Post by Rammur »

I would so almost spend a few hundred bucks just for an english version of the game lol.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

The game was something else, not Link. So this project isn't in danger. Looking forward to the patch, guys!
TrueNeptune

Post by TrueNeptune »

This reminds me of Coldbird & his crew translating and making online servers for fragment! From what i remember, they only translated a few basic things and never managed to create a true online server and they scrapped the project a long time ago :( I wish you much more luck! (:
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

TrueNeptune wrote:This reminds me of Coldbird & his crew translating and making online servers for fragment! From what i remember, they only translated a few basic things and never managed to create a true online server and they scrapped the project a long time ago :( I wish you much more luck! (:
We already released the entire base storyline:

That's over two hours. It's as long as Batman Begins. Batman Begins took $150 million dollars to make. Not that that's relevant to anything, but what I'm trying to say is we're way farther along than nowhere. To me it's actually easier to follow along with something like this than it is to mod your system, but I guess mileage will vary. In any case people will always be asking for the next part until we get 100% completion with every goblin catchphrase and PK taunt translated, which honestly will never probably happen unless we get 20 translators, and is a pretty pointless goal even if we do, since no one except Adrian Monk actually gains anything from it. That's why we're trying to stage our releases in order of actual helpfulness. And a video is by far the most helpful, especially when not all .hack fans own a PSP.

Anyway, at this point we're working on ironing out the new stuff we added to the patch and testing for glitches. So we're still working on it, don't worry!
.hack//BICTIOUS

Honestly as long as you ast least do the "talking to people in town" messages along with the important stuff ,that's good enough. I wanna feel like I'm playing an English version of the game, since it's apparently at this point we're never getting an official one.
.hack//BICTIOUS

I'm sorry to double post, but I don't know if anyone will notice if I edit, so... :(

A thought occured to me and I'm sorry if it's been asked but 21 pages is daunting to search through - Are you using the Englsih names or the ones used in the actual game? I'd personally find it off-putting if I hear "Grima Lowe" and the the text reads "Hulle Granz", since.. that's not what's being said, you know? :/

Again, sorry if this is stepping on toes ><
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

We're using the official American-version names, even if it's annoying to me...
.hack//BICTIOUS

Well, that's disappointing to hear.. :( I'll get over it, I guess... I'm still looking forward to a patch release. Was version 1 or whatever ever released in October or did that get pushed back?
boyhengeveld

Post by boyhengeveld »

Last edited by boyhengeveld on Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

boyhengeveld wrote:I cant seem to find the english patch, could someone show me where the download link is?
Had you read the first sentence of the first post of this entire topic.
JunBansyoya wrote:Disclaimer: we will not be distributing any patches on this site, nor will we be posting links to a site where you can download this patch when it becomes available (we are a long ways off), so don't ask, we will make it easy to find, without hindering the operations and reputations of this site.

Updated by Kuukai 9/6/11
This is the discussion topic to share status updates of the project, video samples of the progress of the project, and to discuss translations of their project. The developers of this project pointed out numerous times they will not infringe of this forum community rules of linking to anything that could be considered infringing on intellectual property. Therefore your only option to find it through Google.
Verhzus

Post by Verhzus »

Any game that allows me to put an Afro on Silver Knight's head, an Old Clock Key on his back (seems to have a 50% chance to crash unfortunately), while he goes bat-$#!7 insane on enemies, screaming "SUBURU-SAMA" over & over, deserves my full support! (The version I'm playing on isn't the one stated here in this topic...well..at least I think/hope it's not. But that's besides the point!!..I'm here to declare my support for this game!)

What does someone like me have to do to help out this project? Due to all the anime I've seen, I can sort of piece together a lot of the untranslated (spoken)dialogue..but it's not the same, and I doubt that would be helpful, hahah. I know there is probably nothing I can do to help y'all out...but I REALLY want to see this game get translated. Because this is a fun and addicting game & it deserves to be released!! I'm still completely flabbergasted as to why this game hasn't been released in the US...

SO ANYWAYS, I'm beginning to ramble...back to my original question and the reason I posted: I didn't see a question/answer to this on the FAQ, and I was wondering if you guys accept donations? Honestly, that's the only way I can think of to contribute at this point. I look forward to your responce! --And as everybody else has probably said many times, thank you for working so hard on this project! For what it's worth, I appreciate it. :p
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I can't say I speak for everyone but personally I have serious ethical (and probably legal) problems with taking money for this. You should buy Link if you haven't, though. We want everyone to support the company that actually made it. If the Japanese version makes a lot of money, it might at least help convince them it would be profitable to bring the new game over. My personal theory is the new game is Link 2, and getting that here would in turn incentivise them bringing over Link 1. I would like to avoid having to translate the new game, in any case.
Verhzus

Post by Verhzus »

Understandable. Thank you for the reply. I bought my copy of LINK already, but I'm enjoying it so much that It just pains me to think how it may not be translated/released in the US. Short of getting people to buy copies of the game...it doesn't seem like there are any other ways to garner support for game...which is depressing. T_T

[3rd Edit: I had a couple questions about the actual game itself. But after doing more research and slowly translating some of the "Combo-Mails" myself, I found a couple answers. But for future reference...Would it be alright to ask general questions about the game itself, here? Because I'm going to until I hear otherwise!

:supz: The questions I have/had...For those who are interested!: :supz:

Question #1: Do the responses to your friend's e-mails have any effect on their Confidence/Friendship/Affection (Whatever it's 'officially' supposed to be called) towards you?
Answer #1: I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not a reliable translator...but the only time your e-mail responses seem to change their, Confrietion is when you attach a gift to them. UPDATE: I was wrong. I got farther in-game and everybody I sent e-mail responses to got a "Slight Affection Increase". As to whether I answered correctly or they always get an increases is up in the air...I have no idea.

Question #2: After awhile, you can assign characters who you've exchanged Member Addresses to certain stations of the ship (I'm assuming it's a ship. The Grand Hall?). There are emoticons above the character portraits that display their current mood. To the point, my main question is what would be the quickest method of improving a characters mood from Angry, back to Neutral (at least)? Obviously relieving a character of their post is a way to stall their mood. But which is the quicker way to improve their mood? Letting them wander the ship for awhile, or putting them in a suite surrounded by character's that they like?
Answer #2: Still waiting on an answer! Feel free to assist, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Question #3: What do titles do? Only the main character can equip them...so I'm assuming it's for multiplayer & just further personalizing. But does anybody know if they also give any kind of bonus? For example: One of the first titles is something like "Enemy Hunter", would it give +Damage against certain enemies?
Answer #3: Still waiting on an answer! Feel free to assist, any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm excited to hear the answer for this one. I'm getting my hopes up for a really cool bonus system...I love title hunting!
shane9999100

Post by shane9999100 »

My knowledge of japanese is minimalistic at best, but I might be able to help you out a bit with questions 2 and 3.

For question #2, I've found that the quickest way to increase characters moods is by placing them with people that they like. I'm not sure of the exact science of that, but it seemed to work best for me. It's fun experimenting around with it and seeing who works well with who either way, especially once you start crossing over between series.

For question #3, I don't think titles do anything for stats, they're just another means of customizing your character like all the accessories you can equip are. Again, I might be wrong, but from what little I can read, i've seen nothing indiciating that they actually give you any kind of added bonuses.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Oh, I missed the question.

1) Your responses don't matter in terms of affection, they just change what email you get back.

2) With people they like.

3) Some of them are: http://www.tokogm.info/hacklink/50.html
Verhzus

Post by Verhzus »

Oh, awesome. Thanks for the answers, guys! :-D

Now the only issue I have is the constant crashing that occurs when I try to equip people with stuff from the shopping mall (seems random. I used be to able to put afros on people, but now its 100% crashing). I look forward to watching the progress of this project! You guys are awesome!

EDIT: I've been thinking...somebody else must be having this issue w/ crashing. So here's what happens...at the moment, I'm trying to equip Mimiru & Blackrose with different weapons. When I select a weapon, a blank menu pops up in the middle of the screen. The music is still playing but no buttons work. I can use the Home function, but that seems to make it worse. The only way to get out of the freeze is to restart. Any ideas, suggestions, or help would be amazing & greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Verhzus on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

This is with the UMD? I haven't had any issues with it...
Verhzus

Post by Verhzus »

Oh, wasn't expecting such a fast reply. I edited my post above with the details of the crashes. This is with a UMD. But I have a patch for a partial translation installed...so I guess that must be the cause. T_T