.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Post by Kuukai »

Ok, yeah I wanted to make sure they had a legit reason it was sounding like that... There are hours upon hours of voice and even with compression it's like a 900mb install, so I guess that makes sense... Still, compared to the voice quality in Peace Walker it's disappointing. Maybe someday a decade from now there will be some sort of remastered archives version with uncompressed voice. I mean, the voicework itself is a national treasure, they got literally everyone ever involved in .hack to reprise their roles, plus stars like Rie Kugimiya and Tomokazu Sugita as original characters and up-and-coming people I was already following like Madoka Yonezawa to play novel characters... Too bad they were limited by the UMD I guess...
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Yeah, they did go through all the effort to get the original actors back, They could have upped the data rate and used a larger umd, I think the biggest one is 1.8GB, but then the install data would have been huge, or loading times would have been longer.

Also how are the videos going for you?
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

JunBansyoya wrote: Also how are the videos going for you?
If that's to me, not so well!
Still can't find the way to get audio.
AFAIK it's an mpeg2 video with either AVC/AT3 audio codec.
None of my player can recognize it (maybe I should give it a try in linux later on)!
The audio codecs don't seem to work either!

Any advice? Could use a hint! :)
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Sorry that is for Kuukai,

There are message boards dedicated to stuff like that, I'd rather not give support for that here. I will give you a hint at3 is a sony proprietary format, *hint* there might be a stage for sound that would be useful *\hint*
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

JunBansyoya wrote:Sorry that is for Kuukai,

There are message boards dedicated to stuff like that, I'd rather not give support for that here. I will give you a hint at3 is a sony proprietary format, *hint* there might be a stage for sound that would be useful *\hint*
Sound as in sonic? :)
If so, tried, not working :(
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

phoenix, please stop using our board to discuss reverse-engineering Sony codecs. Try asking on a bbs that specializes in that sort of thing.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Kuukai is back, how are your videos, what do you need me to do?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The videos are great, Zer0 made them into manageable editted chunks, I'm currently trimming it down from about 2 hours running time into something that uses up less than the whole panel. Thank you so much for your help! I'm sure minds will be blown by the awesome job we did. The only downside is i'm seeing an increasing number of corrections to make on my end, but that's to be expected of a maniac-speed first draft translation. Also figuring out what to cut after all that work is hard...
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

I know I felt the same way about the intro bit, trying to squeeze it all down to 15 minutes was upsetting, I really wanted to include the intro song in that but when I got to the 18 minute mark I realized that was the only thing I could cut, was the intro.

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the cutting. I will continue work on the other stuff while you work on the videos then, no need to waste time, first step would be the patching system I talked about last week. Also are you running a cfw (eg can you actually play a modified version of this game?) Also are you confortable using svn?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

No and yes. I dunno, I have a PSP-3000 with whatever firmware they were using several months ago, is it even possible to use cfw? I'm enthusiastic about the new patching plan you have, though.
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

Kuukai wrote:No and yes. I dunno, I have a PSP-3000 with whatever firmware they were using several months ago, is it even possible to use cfw? I'm enthusiastic about the new patching plan you have, though.
Several months ago?
Then yes it is possible!
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

You are probably running a 6.XX firmware, It is cool, I will give you some help over e-mail, once again we should not get into this subject on this bbs.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Sorry for the doubled post but I would like to direct everyone to the first post, I added a FAQ.

Also Kuukai, could you get me some pictures of the event please, I would like to see the crowds there, also pictures of .hack cosplayers would be great but don't worry if you cannot find the time. Good luck with everything tomorrow.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Of course we are all talking about legal backup heres. Be sure to import a copy.

How did you get rid of the 15 minute limit?
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I recently bought a copy of .hack//Link, and I was wondering whether or not this translation patch required custom firmware (I'm pretty sure it does). I'm also a little confused as to whether or not this patch requires a backup of .hack//Link.

I feel a little stupid for saying this, but I got the impression that the PSP was a region free console. Will .hack//Link play on an unmodified PSP in America? I'm asking this because the demo works perfectly on my PSP, and because of that I'm thinking the actual game will work as well.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

there are some methods to get it running without a custom firmware(CFW), I haven't tested these methods because they add time to the build method, we wont be discussing hacking of the psp here, google is your friend for this. If these methods don't work you will need a CFW or a homebrew enabler(HEN), I'd advise you not to update unless you use PSN or need to play a new game that forces it.

yes the UMD does run on a unmodified american PSP console, and yes you will need to make your own backup.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Thanks.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

No problem
ShadowGabez

Post by ShadowGabez »

Is there a english patch out there i love the game i played the first four,second three and this would complete one asome series.
kraytor

Post by kraytor »

if you havent noticed they are working on the patch. as fans, lets be patient and give them our support. with that said, good luck!!