fan translation

Nogarath

fan translation

Post by Nogarath »

I was wondering if anybody would happen to know where/any info on fan translations of an iso for LINK. Normally these dont come out till a year after the release in Japan, but if anyone knows thatd be cool.
d5t

Re: fan translation

Post by d5t »

Nogarath wrote:I was wondering if anybody would happen to know where/any info on fan translations of an iso for LINK. Normally these dont come out till a year after the release in Japan, but if anyone knows thatd be cool.
Don't count on any fan translations - they are an extremely rare occurrence, and .hack//Link has a lot of text and voice over work to be translated. I'm finding it hard enough to gather support for the localization campaign, I can't imagine a Japanese to English translator and a team working together, but that's just my opinion. I'd love for it to eventually happen if the right people are tenacious enough to do it, but right now we're still hoping Namco Bandai will localize the game - its one year anniversary is coming up.

Visit http://linkus.dothackers.net to help with the campaign!
Shin Amakiir

Re: fan translation

Post by Shin Amakiir »

I'd totally help with a fan-translation project, but I'm still a few years from being fluent in Japanese. And when I get there, translation'll be my job, so who knows exactly how well that'll go?