.hack//Link US Campaign - Help Us Organize!

Shiori

Re: .hack//Link US Campaign - Help Us Organize!

Post by Shiori »

Ok will do. I checked out the other forum for the campaign too. I really liked Kuukai's idea. It was amazing what he did with that picture! If you haven't seen it yet you should check it out!
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

CrestAkray wrote:I agree with d5t, Bryce, and Sch@dows. If we can get another company to make it, sure it might be a tad different comabt & design style, but it'll still have the story, and I'd buy it. A different game style is better than no game, if you ask me.
Xseed has been very faithful to Nihon falcom's original gameplay mechanics for the 2 Ys games that have been released already, and I'm sure they will be very faithful to Cyber Connect 2 if we resort to them. The only problem is that it will probably be a long wait because they still have 4 more games for Nihon Falcom and the last 3 are quite expansive.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Already posted this over on the Link campaign facebook page:

[Apparently, Namco Bandai have decided to all but abandon their westernized take on games after failure to garner an audience across the ocean and decided to go back to what they know best. Maybe in light of this, we'll have a stronger argument for NB America in regards to Link localization and JRPG support in general.]

Source: Siliconera: Namco Bandai Shifts New Game Development Back to Japan
d5t

Post by d5t »

k-su wrote:Already posted this over on the Link campaign facebook page:

[Apparently, Namco Bandai have decided to all but abandon their westernized take on games after failure to garner an audience across the ocean and decided to go back to what they know best. Maybe in light of this, we'll have a stronger argument for NB America in regards to Link localization and JRPG support in general.]

Source: Siliconera: Namco Bandai Shifts New Game Development Back to Japan
Yeah I honestly had no idea Namco Bandai of America was actually developing games. They all flew under the radar. If they're getting out of development in America and the JRPG scene... well they should change the companies name to Soul Tekken Shippuden.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Maybe it would help them if they promoted the series with some commercials or something. The first games series was shown on Toonami. I'm sure it led some people into buying the game. It may, or may not help, but promoting their JRPGs more would be a nice thing.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

Of course, if the fan base is small, commericals are rarely shown.
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

My dad's company works very closely with Namco Bandai, but I don't know how that'll affect the outcome, but every little bit counts right :)
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

Well, the 17th has arrived. Time to kick things into gear!
d5t

Post by d5t »

It's going to be easier to see what's going on on Facebook. Campaign has kicked off - already seeing posts on Namco Bandai's page along with some awesome pictures.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Some one give me a siggy I can stick on gaia. There's so many .hack// fans there!
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Now that I'm done with finals, I can concentrate on this!

The front page looks real cool, by the way. I've linked it on my main blog site so hopefully some of my friends there will see that and get interested. I'll also be doing other things that were suggested. I'm really really hoping this works, ugh!
CrestAkray

Post by CrestAkray »

All i can do to help is gather .hack//fans from school and gaia...but I will do so none-the-less. Also, Shugo_Lover, just put the image you want into your photobucket account, and add media to your sig (aka the image)
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I've made a few entries in my blog on ScrewAttack.com, but they don't really get that much attention. My facebook page is locked since I haven't used it in ages so I can't really support you guys that way, but I'll think about signing up on Namco Bandai's boards and making my voice heard. I don't think Xseed and NIS will be viable since Namco Bandai owns the rights to .hack//Link, but I'll keep an eye on them as well.

ScrewAttack blog entries
http://screwattack.com/blogs/Multiple-E ... y-hackLink
http://screwattack.com/blogs/Multiple-E ... er-country
hidora

Post by hidora »

Anime Monkey wrote:I've linked it on my main blog site so hopefully some of my friends there will see that and get interested.
I've done the same thing. Also posted on some random boards I take part.
d5t

Post by d5t »

hidora wrote:
Anime Monkey wrote:I've linked it on my main blog site so hopefully some of my friends there will see that and get interested.
I've done the same thing. Also posted on some random boards I take part.
Awesome - people are talking about this in the NIS forum, even though it's a long stretch. The positive part is just spreading the .hack//Link word - literally the word - will stir up some stuff.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I made some calls to ubisoft and they said that it was none of their concern.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kaori wrote:I made some calls to ubisoft and they said that it was none of their concern.
I think it has been established that we need to focus on Namco Bandai, but I don't think it will be easy. What I'm thinking about doing this Christmas is buying the Japanese version, and if more people from other countries buy this game the sales might increase enough in Japan for them to consider releasing it outside of the country. I've heard that this worked with some other games from the past, but it is an expensive way to get things done. Each game will essentially cost $80 (in America) and you have to buy NEW copies or else they won't see an increase in sales. I'm pretty sure since we haven't gotten a reply from Namco Bandai yet that they are ignoring us, but they won't ignore an increase in sales. Though it seems counter productive it might actually work, but I would consider it a very last resort to what we are doing now though.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I asked them if they could publish it but they said no.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kaori wrote:I asked them if they could publish it but they said no.
Mainly because Namco Bandai has the rights to the game, but if we can convince them to localize it themselves or get another publisher like Ubisoft, Xseed, or NIS to localize it then we will get .hack//Link in English.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Hey everyone I made a video to help us out on Youtube. It isn't much, and could someone make a much better one to spread the word? Also maybe we can get Namco to see some of our vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6bo80TJVI