.hack//Link US Campaign - Help Us Organize!

d5t

.hack//Link US Campaign - Help Us Organize!

Post by d5t »

12.17 update: *Campaign website will be live December 17th. EU-French dothackers, Bryce, the creator of http://beyondfragment.net, will be launching a more French-EU specific campaign in conjunction with dothackers Campaign website.*

If you haven't been in the social networking loop with dothackers, you've been missing out on the preliminary organization of a campaign to promote Namco Bandai to localize .hack//Link for the PSP in English - for the United States. After a couple of iterations from .hack fans voting on Facebook and our message board, dothackers campaign has been dubbed ".hack//Link US." If the pun isn't apparent, US = United States (don't worry, we haven't forgotten about the Canadian and European .hack fans! The ultimate goal is to get //Link translated into English!).

Dothackers is looking to launch the campaign sometime in December, but we need your help to organize! Here is a rough sketch of what we believe hit on a lot of items we would like to do with the .hack//Link US campaign:

1. Social Networking push - Facebook, Twitter
2. Fansite push - Front page of dothackers, w/ customized images to display as an avatar/message board image
3. Gaming media website push - Joystiq, Kotaku, any other gaming website we can raise awareness on
4. Direct contact with Namco Bandai push - e-mail campaign (they haven't responded to any of dothackers e-mails), Facebook interaction on their fan page, Namco Bandai official mesage board, etc

Please post your ideas, we can't do this without help!
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Re: .hack//Link US Campaign - Help Us Organize!

Post by TheEnigma »

I dont have a Facebook but Im going to go around to every message board Im a member of and direct people here to help out so we can make this happen.

And whats Namdai's email so I can flood their inbox?

*I need to make a Facebook
d5t

Post by d5t »

TheEnigma wrote:I dont have a Facebook but Im going to go around to every message board Im a member of and direct people here to help out so we can make this happen.

We're going to want to start all of campaign together, not separate sprints. Organizing comes first, and we will quickly find out if this is even worth the effort - hopefully some fans actually help brainstorm ideas. :D
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

d5t wrote:
TheEnigma wrote:I dont have a Facebook but Im going to go around to every message board Im a member of and direct people here to help out so we can make this happen.

We're going to want to start all of campaign together, not separate sprints. Organizing comes first, and we will quickly find out if this is even worth the effort - hopefully some fans actually help brainstorm ideas. :D
Oh yeah dont worry I wasnt going to Rambo this whole campaign. I was going to go rally up people and bring them here to help us.
d5t

Post by d5t »

TheEnigma wrote:
d5t wrote:

Oh yeah dont worry I wasnt going to Rambo this whole campaign. I was going to go rally up people and bring them here to help us.
Awesomesauce
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Already locked and loaded. >3>
<--------------------
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Hello,

I'm Bryce, one of the webmasters of BeyondFragment.net, a french fansite about .hack.
Our french community is also worried about the localisation of .hack//Link. In June, Namco Bandaï registered the name ".hack//Link" in the European Union, but nothing happened since. Recently, I managed to get an answer form Namco Bandaï Amercia regarding .hack//Link. They only said that, of course, there had been no announcements made regarding the localization of .hack//Link in North America.

We're used to games never released in Europe (oh hi, .hack//G.U. !). But we share the same goal, we just want to see .hack//Link translated into English, and we are ready to help you in your campaign.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

what about here in asia who also want it in english? Not all games that are available in the U.S and Europe are available in some countries like the Philippines.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Bryce wrote:Hello,

I'm Bryce, one of the webmasters of BeyondFragment.net, a french fansite about .hack.
Our french community is also worried about the localisation of .hack//Link. In June, Namco Bandaï registered the name ".hack//Link" in the European Union, but nothing happened since. Recently, I managed to get an answer form Namco Bandaï Amercia regarding .hack//Link. They only said that, of course, there had been no announcements made regarding the localization of .hack//Link in North America.

We're used to games never released in Europe (oh hi, .hack//G.U. !). But we share the same goal, we just want to see .hack//Link translated into English, and we are ready to help you in your campaign.
Hey Bryce, I've visited your site on more than a few occasions! Glad to have your support. If you have any ideas throw them out - this is a community driven campaign -- well at least I'm trying to make it that.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Kaori wrote:what about here in asia who also want it in english? Not all games that are available in the U.S and Europe are available in some countries like the Philippines.
PSP = Region free. Just buy the game on ebay or Amazon or a million other places that sell U.S. games to everywhere. No credit card? Paypal takes checking. Some places take money order. Some places take cards you can buy in stores. I'm not even sure the last two don't apply to Paypal. And there's got to be an import gaming store somewhere in the Philippines...
Bryce wrote:Hello,

Hi! I'm right next door to France! Yeah, it's really sad that it looks like they really were planning for an international release (just look at dothack.com) and then exploded before it could happen...
hidora

Post by hidora »

Well, I've been talking to some friends on Orkut and Playfire to try and convince them to take part on this. I'll see if I can get some people on this...
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Ive been going to boards that I am a member of spreading the word of our cause so heres hoping.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

The ideas from the first post are great !

Here are some thoughts :

- Video game publisher push. Well, reports and rumors are saying Namco Bandaï dropped J-RPG in the West. No more Tales of, no more .hack... Of course, Namco Bandaï have to be the main subject of the campaign, but I think we could also target video game publishers and distributors, like Xseed. Some of them already worked with Namco Bandaï in the past (Xseed brought Fragile Dreams and The Sky Crawlers from Namco Bandaï). If Namco Bandaï don't want to do it, maybe someone else is ready to make it.

- CyberConnect2 push. Yeah, I know, they are japaneses. But they have Twitter and a small english website with email (here)... It costs nothing to try, in English, or in Japanese if we have people who can at least captivate their attention. In this story, CyberConnect2 are victims (it's a shame for a developer to see a game never released in the West), but maybe they could use this campaign to convice Namco Bandaï (or another publisher).

- Constructive approach. Maybe we could also use a constructive approach and give Namco Bandaï some ideas. For example, here in Europa, Nippon Ichi managed to bring some games (Disgaea Infinite, Prinny 2...) by releasing them on the PlayStation Network only for limiting costs. I know people are attached to boxes, but hey, the goal is to get the game translated into English. I prefer a digital release than nothing.

(Oh, excuse my hesitant English !)
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I don't really have many places where I could spread this news... like, one other site maybe. But I'll still bring it up on there.
d5t

Post by d5t »

We don't need to spread the news yet - that is what campaign is for. I want opinions/ideas from fellow dothackers. I don't just want to go off what I brainstormed. So far it's like pulling teeth to get ideas from .hack fans, come on guys step it up!

BTW thanks for the cool cash again Anime Monkey. You should technically own about 15% of dothackers stock - which would equate to you losing money. :D
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Well I mean "spread the news" as in "make other people aware of this campaign we plan on starting, getting them involved, etc." I'm not gonna literally try and get it posted as news yet. :T

And you're welcome. I'll have you know that was my milk money, so treat it well.
k-su

Post by k-su »

I don't really have any ideas right now, what with my attention divided. Sounds like you guys have hit on most of the major ones anyway. Maybe we could put together a video to send to them or post on youtube to create buzz. I do have a couple forums I go to, including the NB forum occasionally, so I'll see what I can do on that end. I can also make up some signatures to promote it. Might be the end of the week though before I can get them done. Other than that and word of mouth to my offline .hack bros, I'll have to get back to you.

Edit:

Here are a couple sigs I made up today. Work's been kinda relentless so this was all I could do so far.

I wanna do something more fancier when I get the chance, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'll see what I can do. Also, I was wondering if there was gonna be any sort of page that we'd want to link it to (I guess the facebook page or one of these campaign threads would work). I wanted to know so I could see about attaching links to the sigs, so they can be redirected somewhere. Laters.

[PS-I'm gonna use Tokio's in my sig, since I'm sure there aren't gonna be a ton of people leaping at his sig with Kite and Haseo versions, lol!
d5t

Post by d5t »

k-su wrote:I don't really have any ideas right now, what with my attention divided. Sounds like you guys have hit on most of the major ones anyway. Maybe we could put together a video to send to them or post on youtube to create buzz. I do have a couple forums I go to, including the NB forum occasionally, so I'll see what I can do on that end. I can also make up some signatures to promote it. Might be the end of the week though before I can get them done. Other than that and word of mouth to my offline .hack bros, I'll have to get back to you.

Edit:

Here are a couple sigs I made up today. Work's been kinda relentless so this was all I could do so far.

I wanna do something more fancier when I get the chance, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'll see what I can do. Also, I was wondering if there was gonna be any sort of page that we'd want to link it to (I guess the facebook page or one of these campaign threads would work). I wanted to know so I could see about attaching links to the sigs, so they can be redirected somewhere. Laters.

[PS-I'm gonna use Tokio's in my sig, since I'm sure there aren't gonna be a ton of people leaping at his sig with Kite and Haseo versions, lol!
Eventually, when everything is organized there will be a page "hub" with all information/media we come up with. Thanks for the images - this is what I'm trying to get other fans to do, but it's been hard thus far. :D

hmm... just noticed that the isn't capitalized in The World, FYI. Not a big deal to me.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

How about this:
This OST cover always seems to be so powerful looking, so I guess you k-su, or someone else, can work with this, like having a United States flag faded in the background in place of the sunset, and a motivational message on the right side of Tokio, like "JOIN THE BATTLE!" "FIGHT FOR LOCALIZATION" Then have .hack//Link U.S. Campaign on the bottom in the place of the original title on the cover.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Something like this? Suggest some text! We'll create some alternatives to K-su's too!