13%

Total votes: 15

Vylen

Re: .hack//Link Localization Campaign

Post by Vylen »

N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Aru wrote:...Although I still think adding the 1812 Overture (somehow) would make this even more epic.
we could put a link to an upload of the song on the image with an asterisk that says "For the full effect play this while viewing the image."
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Hahah, nice. Both of those are pretty darn awesome.

If this doesn't convince Bamco, I don't know what will. :V
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

They are both awesome. Great job with the 2nd one Vylen.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Alright, this is the de facto logo for the campaign. :D I like simple design also - and won't confuse .hack noobs - a la, hopefully gaming websites take notice when the campaign starts.
HKS_Nismo

Post by HKS_Nismo »

d5t wrote:Alright, this is the de facto logo for the campaign. :D I like simple design also - and won't confuse .hack noobs - a la, hopefully gaming websites take notice when the campaign starts.
But what will the name of the campaign be? Have we decided?
d5t

Post by d5t »

HKS_Nismo wrote:
d5t wrote:Alright, this is the de facto logo for the campaign. :D I like simple design also - and won't confuse .hack noobs - a la, hopefully gaming websites take notice when the campaign starts.
Not yet, there's a bunch of suggestion on our Facebook page. ".hack//final Login" is the most liked.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Hmm how about G.U.? Gamers United!!!! Haha but seriously I cant think of one right now but I will.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

d5t wrote:
HKS_Nismo wrote:
Not yet, there's a bunch of suggestion on our Facebook page. ".hack//final Login" is the most liked.
That sounds....lame. :/ What's the second most liked thing on there?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I like the sound of final login, but it doesn't really mesh with the message. We aren't trying to get LiNK to be the last .hack they bring over.. It sounds more like the anti .hack movement. Ok, we're done with this series, last login keep everything else. Peace.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:That sounds....lame. :/ What's the second most liked thing on there?
The second most liked is actually a tie; "Project Twilight Overload" and "Project .hack//Unite".
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I've voted for the ones i like in the Facebook page!!! :D ...Though honestly i've seen better suggestions here than in FB. LOL MILF

I vote for Project .hack//Unite out of the "most liked" ones. And yeah, i'm not original myself and can't think of anything good or catchy, it's never been my "forte" ~3~' I can just think of something simple (not all complex and well-thought and with 9000 meanings behind), yet catchy and good sounding, that shows the interest of the game localization, as well as a direct "Localize it kthnx" message. Maybe... ".Hack//Localize US Link"?
And you say Final Login is the lame one ''XDD lol
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

(Long time lurker, hi.)

Decided to do a quick write up of your efforts on my site/blog.
If you want to try and spread it around, you can also digg it here.

Thanks and good luck with your efforts.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Vicious wrote:(Long time lurker, hi.)

Decided to do a quick write up of your efforts on my site/blog.
If you want to try and spread it around, you can also digg it here.

Thanks and good luck with your efforts.
Thanks for the writeup!
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Looks like the April Fools joke still isn't over. I think thats where Joseph got his info.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Tolby wrote:Looks like the April Fools joke still isn't over. I think thats where Joseph got his info.
.hack//NEET will live on forever!
hidora

Post by hidora »

Tolby wrote:Looks like the April Fools joke still isn't over. I think thats where Joseph got his info.
Who is Joseph again? '-'
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I see i'm not the only one in here following the dothackers Facebook page, and having fun at the sillyness going on it!! 8D

In one of the dothackers FB updates, the one about Namco Bandai doing some "restructuring" on the US, a certain Joseph posted a comment. Here's what the comment says:
Well this may put a damper on things but still with namco bandai being the publisher it may end up in the hands of Electronic Arts considering they bought Cyber Connect2 earlier this year so it'd still a possability that we will see Link we just gotta cross our fingers and keep the hope of dot hack alive
Now remember what was said here in April Fools, which involved EA and a new game called .Hack//NEET? Well...yeah 8D
And right after that, some other guy said something like "EA isn't exactly the worst thing"...not doubting or commenting about it or anything, just referring to EA buying CC2 as if it was a well-known fact and all XD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Vylen wrote:How he managed to get his hair under that hat is beyond me :p
It pains me to admit it, but that hat is a lot better than his actual hat!
Aru wrote:...Although I still think adding the 1812 Overture (somehow) would make this even more epic.
Quickly! To the ytmnd machine!!

http://wontsomeonepleasedothacklinkofth ... ytmnd.com/

EDIT:
TheSorrow wrote:I see i'm not the only one in here following the dothackers Facebook page, and having fun at the sillyness going on it!! 8D

In one of the dothackers FB updates, the one about Namco Bandai doing some "restructuring" on the US, a certain Joseph posted a comment. Here's what the comment says:
Well this may put a damper on things but still with namco bandai being the publisher it may end up in the hands of Electronic Arts considering they bought Cyber Connect2 earlier this year so it'd still a possability that we will see Link we just gotta cross our fingers and keep the hope of dot hack alive
Now remember what was said here in April Fools, which involved EA and a new game called .Hack//NEET? Well...yeah 8D
And right after that, some other guy said something like "EA isn't exactly the worst thing"...not doubting or commenting about it or anything, just referring to EA buying CC2 as if it was a well-known fact and all XD
Ohhh riiight that was us. I was wondering where the hell that came from... ^^;;
d5t

Post by d5t »

Please vote for the campaign name (either in this thread or on our Facebook fanpage ); I tried to grab the most simple ones because we want to simply convey our goal. I'm up for any other thoughts!