This probably means nothing at all but...

N3IWVC

This probably means nothing at all but...

Post by N3IWVC »

Gamestop has been spreading its new powerup rewards program. They have a website set up for it: poweruprewards.com. After you've been signed up and activated you can then do various things, one of which is creating your game library.
OK, on to the point. One of the titles you can add to your library is .hack//LINK. Now I haven't searched very thoroughly but I haven't seen any other non-localized titles. So... possibly Gamestop knows something about a U.S. release. but probably not. like the title says it probably means nothing at all.
btw, gamestop does NOT have .hack//LINK listed on their shopping site: gamestop.com.
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Re: This probably means nothing at all but...

Post by Aru »

I don't think it means entirely nothing, but it'd be hard to say that it could mean that the game is coming out soon.
Still, though. I would think they would have Pokemon B/W up there, at least. At least the release date has been estimated.

I hope it does come out soon, though!~
I still need to buy a PSP...
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Pokemon Black & White are both listed but those have been confirmed to localize. LINK still hasn't as far as I know.
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

N3IWVC wrote:Pokemon Black & White are both listed but those have been confirmed to localize. LINK still hasn't as far as I know.
Well, that's..kinda what I meant..sort of..

If they have games that are planned to be localized, along with Link, then that means Link most definitely will be. I can't imagine them not localizing it. I don't think G.U. did that bad in sales...? But what do I know..
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Bit off topic but I don't know about the rest of you but I'd gladly give up a Link localization for a true miracle like say: more Tales Localizations (Graces, PS3 Vesperia, etc.)
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

N3IWVC wrote:Gamestop has been spreading its new powerup rewards program. They have a website set up for it: poweruprewards.com. After you've been signed up and activated you can then do various things, one of which is creating your game library.
OK, on to the point. One of the titles you can add to your library is .hack//LINK. Now I haven't searched very thoroughly but I haven't seen any other non-localized titles. So... possibly Gamestop knows something about a U.S. release. but probably not. like the title says it probably means nothing at all.
btw, gamestop does NOT have .hack//LINK listed on their shopping site: gamestop.com.
Depends on how the title is listed, though this isn't a direct relation, if its List as LINK instead the under caps then it likely a rumor. Still they have more credibility than normal. Gamestop has been known to fib.
Gemcrim wrote:Bit off topic but I don't know about the rest of you but I'd gladly give up a Link localization for a true miracle like say: more Tales Localizations (Graces, PS3 Vesperia, etc.)

I don't know much about the series, but it could have better chance after the PS3 release. :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Graces
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:
N3IWVC wrote:Gamestop has been spreading its new powerup rewards program. They have a website set up for it: poweruprewards.com. After you've been signed up and activated you can then do various things, one of which is creating your game library.
Depends on how the title is listed, though this isn't a direct relation, if its List as LINK instead the under caps then it likely a rumor. Still they have more credibility than normal. Gamestop has been known to fib.
I'm not completely sure I understood what you said there but it's listed as ".hack//Link"
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Game stores have a bad knack, for posting before its available or ready. You might see incorrect titles, fake cover art and all sorts of odd tricks, theoretically the lack of the correct info or too common information could represent a disconnection with the product. I don't have any examples on me, but my friend was complaining about Duke Nukem Forever the other day. (Evil game..)
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Depends on how the title is listed, though this isn't a direct relation, if its List as LINK instead the under caps then it likely a rumor. Still they have more credibility than normal. Gamestop has been known to fib.
Good point. The manga became .hack//link over here though.

I don't think Duke Nukem Forever is related at all. That's just the developer being dumb...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Gamestop is the WORST thing that's ever happened in video gaming. Only credible sources you can believe are official ones from Namco Bandai and CyberConnect 2.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

yeah hates to remind everyone that fragment was posted as tba or a fake date on gamestop and ign... and we all know how that ended
Trinian

Post by Trinian »

I've actually seen quite a few leaks accidentally posted on Gamestop's websites so I wouldn't say BS just yet.
But I wouldn't take it as fact that we will get an English release either. :/
120StoriesIN1

Post by 120StoriesIN1 »

I work for gamestop, we dont have anything in the system or computer about it. Sorry