Lame Tokio

Post by Azure Flame Knight »

Is Tokio lame or not. please leave a reason to why you chose yes or no
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Lame Tokio

Post by Kuukai »

He's not lame, just look at my signature!!! When he gets Xth form he's painfully aware that his horn looks dumb, but nonetheless he becomes an electromagnetic gear-wielding badass, which is probably the only redeeming feature of the actual combat system. Starting with the very first episode of .hack//SIGN, every major protagonist in .hack history has said, "I am here." Tokio takes destiny into his own hands and says, "I want to be here."
Azure Flame Knight

Post by Azure Flame Knight »

Very well. I concede Kuukai however he is the strangest hero we have seen in .hack yet (aside from Tsukasa who turned out to be an e-tranny)
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

He's alright; although the design is painful after the game I can appreciate him more then normal. His battles with Orgel and Flugel showed how willing he was able to act. Even though he knew everyone was data Tokio still was able to defend something most heroes hadn’t.
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

I believe he acts very much like most people would if they had heard legends of old characters and then you are physically thrust into the world itself. Starstruck but then realizes his mission and fights for his friends. I am very confident in Kuukai's translation skills and what he has had to say about the game. So what if he isn't that serious in the beginning? Do you really think a 14 year old who was just thrown into a video game would stay all serious? If it were me I would have acted about the same. When it was first announced I was really mad at the judgement this game got from people because frankly I thought tokios character design was cool. I like his overly long goggle ties and tape cheeks (not the tape as much), and I really love his Xth form the only thing that looks wierd is the horn but its not bad. Most of the negativity came from the manga but if it weren't for the panny shots it was pretty good character and plot wise, it was just different.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

No, he's not, he's friggin' adorable. <3

*resists urge to make horn jokes*

(and yes, if you get to know me, expect me to change my mind constantly.)
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I won't say he is lame, but he isn't epic like the other heroes.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Tokio at first, was incredibly hard to like at first. He just didn't seem like he was...well, .hack material. The fact that CC2 lacked in originality points with his character spawned a "OMG TAI!!!" resemblence reaction, but as I played through the game, I started to like him a bit more. He actually matured a bit, and started acting like a .hack protagonist.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I officially endorse Tokio.

And I hated him when I first saw him.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

He's lame..
i don't like his hairstyle.
that's all..
Balmung is always number 1. :lol: haw-haw-haw-haw
Ciel's_Nightmare

Post by Ciel's_Nightmare »

I chose no. Sure, he's not some epic hero of legend, but he acts accordingly given the situation he was suddenly thrust into. I think he acts cute more than "annoying" or "lame."
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I hated him when I first saw him and I still hate him and unless you want an essay on why (and I actually have motivation on it covering things before Link PSP and after) I won't go further on this. :T
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm still weighing my judgments, but he's yet to prove himself to me, and his character design is still tremendously stupid.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Tokio is lame because he stepped in crap from the cloud with the silver lining.
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

Tokio pissed me off merely because he wore goggles, as if he were some sort of Digimon protagonist.
Seriously what is that.

I read the manga, though, and came to the conclusion that Tokio is more funny and goofy than he is "stupid" or "lame". I guess I have to read more or actually play the game to give a firm opinion on him, though.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I'm so sick of the digimon thing. It's a pretty weak resemblance considering Tokio is literally Ed from Cowboy Bebop with a nose...
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

Kuukai wrote:I'm so sick of the digimon thing. It's a pretty weak resemblance considering Tokio is literally Ed from Cowboy Bebop with a nose...
Bandai's involvement + young, goggle-wearing protagonist + being sucked into a digital world to save it = enough to remind me of Digimon, lol

Although, the Ed comparison is a lot closer in terms of looks.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm with Kuukai on this one. He's totally a genderswap of Ed.
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote: I'm with Kuukai on this one. He's totally a genderswap of Ed.
I can't deny that he and Ed are almost the same person, but it's not a baseless accusation when I say that Tokio can fit perfectly as a Digimon protagonist.

Besides, it's no big D.
Comparing something to Digimon is, for me, a compliment. I love Digimon <3<3
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kuukai wrote:I'm so sick of the digimon thing. It's a pretty weak resemblance considering Tokio is literally Ed from Cowboy Bebop with a nose...
To be entirely fair, Ed was never sucked into a virtual universe and told he was a chosen hero.