Skills

emptyazureskies

Skills

Post by emptyazureskies »

anyone know what the skills and spells are like in link for example vak don and gale blade
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Skills

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Apparently, they're the same as G.U.'s spells and skills.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's true for most normal PCs, since nothing has "changed." R:X uses the same class system as R:2, so all R:2 characters have a set of the same skills they had before, and all R:1 characters have the skills of the corresponding R:X class.

Tokio has a new class called Dual Edge. At any point in time Dual Edge has two skills, though they change in name and effect as you level up. One is always a powerful close attack while the other is always a projectile. Here they are, with rough translations that will probably be shortened for the U.S. release:

Projectile (Normal Tokio)
斬波 - Cutter Wave
斬裂波 - Ripper Wave
Projectile (Xth Form Tokio)
煌輪波 - Shining Wheel Wave
鳳翼光輪 - Phoenix Wing Light Wheel
Attack (Normal Tokio)
連牙・昇旋風 - Chain Fang: Ascension Whirlwind
咬牙・嵐絶陣 - Biting Fang: Absolute Storm Circle
Attack (Xth Form Tokio)
咬牙・旋風神楽 - Biting Fang: Whirlwind Dance of the Gods
絶咬牙・天昇竜舞 - Absolute Biting Fang: Divine Ascension Dragon Dance

In addition, Tokio has devised names for all of his finishing strikes in Unison Combos. There's nothing amazingly special about any of them, he just hits the enemy and health comes out, but a true hero names his attacks. They're actually all apparently named after moves from a different game he used to play called Akashic Line. They change as he levels up and the name depends on how good the Unison Combo was:

Job Rank 1] Potenda -> Grand Shot -> Jet Liner -> Sky High
Job Rank 2] Potenda -> Crush Mine -> Mach Straight -> Go To Heaven
Job Rank 3] Potenda -> Crush Mine ex -> Mach Straight ex -> Go To Heaven ex
Job Rank 4] Potenda -> Land of Kiss -> Flame Burst -> Crimson Rise
Job Rank 5] Potenda EX -> Land of Kiss EX -> Flame Burst EX -> Crimson Rise EX
Xth Form Job Rank 1] Potendine(?) -> Rock Strike -> Napalm Cannon -> Megiddo Spark
Xth Form Job Rank 2] Potendine(?) -> Rock Strike EX -> Napalm Cannon ES -> Megiddo Spark EX
Xth Form Job Rank 3] Potendine(?) -> Geo Buster -> Star Gazer -> Terra Galaxy
Xth Form Job Rank 4] Potendine(?) -> Geo Buster EX -> Star Gazer -> Terra Galaxy
Xth Form Job Rank 5] Potendine(?) -> Earth Impact -> DAN・GUN -> UNIVERSE

(I'm not completely sure about the spelling/meaning of the first one, it's the only one that's not English)

Also note Tokio can cast most spells via scrolls.

Schicksal and Xth Form Kite all have new, undefined, ??? classes. Schicksal's abilities are based around those of a circus troupe. Cello is a "Beast Tamer," and fights using a monster, though all her moves have Edge Punisher names. Klarinette is a "Dancing Princess" and all her moves have Tribal Grappler names. The "Ringmaster" Fluegel's sole melee art, as seen in cutscenes, is Divine Spear of Nachtmärt (神槍ナハトマート), a staff of glowing energy. Like Wotan and Brieler Rössle, this is named after a Germanic spirit. Kite's moves still have Twin Blade names.

As for which of the R:2 skills aren't included at all, that seems like it would be a lot of work to figure out so I'll leave that to someone else. There'll be a comprehensive English listing soon enough, I'm sure...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kuukai wrote:That's true for most normal PCs, since nothing has "changed." R:X uses the same class system as R:2, so all R:2 characters have a set of the same skills they had before, and all R:1 characters have the skills of the corresponding R:X class.
I've noticed Gale Blade and a partial section of Ghost Falcon during the animations for twin blades attacking in the air within a unison combo. It seems that Haseo, Alkaid, and all Kite's (Kite, Kite (Xth), Azure Kite, Kite(Sora) ) all portray these two skills that I mentioned aboved in the animations, only Kite (Xth) does it a little differently, shooting a data arrow after the physical portion of the attack is finished. However, were these two skills ever mentioned in the game, either by attack quotes from a character, or listed somewhere in a chart or something?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, they shout out the names and usually even text for it in the corner...