Really stupid question... (SPOILERS)

Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: Really stupid question... (SPOILERS)

Post by Gemcrim »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:@Gemcrim, actually, Cubia can be protect broken, as Haseo and the EU's did so in G.U. Now, even though this is R:2 and it occured in avatar space, I still think that the same rules apply here, simply because, according to Kuukai's previous logic regaurding the avatars having bracelets, that Skeith the 3rd initiated a data drain using that said bracelet. Even so, the data drain was still ineffective. Sooo, back to sqaure one here. We can't exactly pinpoint what exactly would happen if Kite was Data Drained "story-wise" because no one has data drained him, but if we're going by gameplay mechanics, when Kite is Data Drained by a phase, since he had his bracelet for the first 7 phase battles, he, like his party, only suffered status changes and other "surface-y" effects. Now the phases could data drain at anytime, meaning they fired DD's on a pre-protect broken Kite, and or party member. Then again, this is only going by gameplay
Forgot about GU Cubia as I was talking about IMOQ, however remember this Cubia mirrors Skeith/Haseo/Eight epitaphs whereas the first represented Kite and his bracelet. While it likely really just comes down to gameplay elements I could use what I just mentioned just now to argue that we can confirm the eight phases can be protect broken and data drained (though we also need to then make another argument since gameplay doesn't allow us to have a protect broken Skeith but let's for the sake of argument assume this is possible) so logic would say since Cubia is a reflection of them he too can be protect broken where IMOQ's cannot.

However this is an asspull on my part so take that as you will. Even then I can still say that since GU Cubia can't be datadrained that there is still some protection involved and extend this to the bracelet.
Keyaki

Re: Really stupid question... (SPOILERS)

Post by Keyaki »

AuraTwilight wrote:Idea on the Skeith Zero/Mia problem.

It's implied that Macha the Phase and Macha the AI are slightly different, sort of like an AI Epitaph User. Is it possible that when Kitty Maha was Data-Drained, the Epitaph was extracted and Kitty Maha was reincarnated as Mia, and then when Skeith Zero was broken, the Macha data returned to it's "original keeper"?
That could work.