Advent_Winter

Re: Lets discuss shall we?

Post by Advent_Winter »

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUHHHHH" XD
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

Sorry, been busy so i just caught up on most of what was said here. anyway,

I forgot who, but someone said that this game was better than IMOQ, well i respectfully disagree! IMOQ may not have been the most exciting or "flashy" in terms of its combat, but there were hundreds of skills, and you usually always sacrifice having a better piece of armor, for having a better skill. It involved way more strategy (and thinking) and whenever I fought through a dungeon, usually at lower the level I probably shoulda been, I reached that boss room and I had my adrenaline going! I remember being scared as hell as I fought Skeith, and Cubia, with only a few items remaining. I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed being at the edge like that, and its great when you win. so IMOQ was exciting in that way...

But..Gu was lacking in all of that. its been awhile since I played, but I dont think that the skills that came with items was really all that useful. I know it was for the party NPC's (kinda...), but not Haseo, cause Haseo (you) could wear whatever you wanted and still kick ass, this may be in part beacuse you had personal skills all the time, not armor exclusive ones, and also scrolls in that game were a joke, while in IMOQ they came in pretty damn useful sometimes. G.U. was all action based, you could do a special move every....5 seconds or so, and rengeki's happened all the time, no-one would use regular attacks (but charge attacks came in pretty useful, like heavy blades) and involved little to no strategy. in short, G.U. may have had a good storyline (i dont remember >.>) but it was just flashy, like Avatar.

As for Link, well, its kidna the same as G.U. in alot of ways, combat system is the same, just take away one party member and replace Haseo's form abilities with cross rengeki's and instead of constantly using rengeki's just use breaks, where Tokio hits enemies like a baseball... scrolls are still a joke, and i got absolutely no adrenaline pumpin or nervous feeling at all in either of the games. they were just easy. this is all my opinion of course, and in no way am I saying theyre bad games, but that IMOQ was soooo much better, in multiple ways.

And also, lucky animals are still there! (they are cute though) sorry for dub posting
(Don't be sorry, just use the edit button. It works now ;P -TheSorrow)
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

tsukasa4692 wrote:Sorry, been busy so i just caught up on most of what was said here. anyway,

I forgot who, but someone said that this game was better than IMOQ, well i respectfully disagree! IMOQ may not have been the most exciting or "flashy" in terms of its combat, but there were hundreds of skills, and you usually always sacrifice having a better piece of armor, for having a better skill. It involved way more strategy (and thinking) and whenever I fought through a dungeon, usually at lower the level I probably shoulda been, I reached that boss room and I had my adrenaline going! I remember being scared as hell as I fought Skeith, and Cubia, with only a few items remaining. I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed being at the edge like that, and its great when you win. so IMOQ was exciting in that way...

But..Gu was lacking in all of that. its been awhile since I played, but I dont think that the skills that came with items was really all that useful. I know it was for the party NPC's (kinda...), but not Haseo, cause Haseo (you) could wear whatever you wanted and still kick ass, this may be in part beacuse you had personal skills all the time, not armor exclusive ones, and also scrolls in that game were a joke, while in IMOQ they came in pretty damn useful sometimes. G.U. was all action based, you could do a special move every....5 seconds or so, and rengeki's happened all the time, no-one would use regular attacks (but charge attacks came in pretty useful, like heavy blades) and involved little to no strategy. in short, G.U. may have had a good storyline (i dont remember >.>) but it was just flashy, like Avatar.

As for Link, well, its kidna the same as G.U. in alot of ways, combat system is the same, just take away one party member and replace Haseo's form abilities with cross rengeki's and instead of constantly using rengeki's just use breaks, where Tokio hits enemies like a baseball... scrolls are still a joke, and i got absolutely no adrenaline pumpin or nervous feeling at all in either of the games. they were just easy. this is all my opinion of course, and in no way am I saying theyre bad games, but that IMOQ was soooo much better, in multiple ways.

And also, lucky animals are still there! (they are cute though) sorry for dub posting
(Don't be sorry, just use the edit button. It works now ;P -TheSorrow)

The boss fights in link have me really running and Despite the fact that there isn't a lot of strategy given to you, you can give yourself challenge. ever since I acquired Xth form Tokio i've been practicing with his canceling because all his attacks are longer now and it makes boss fights twice as hard. This also applied to G.U. because despite G.U.s great storyline and gameplay, if you try to learn the game at it's full potential it proves to be much more difficult and a bit. as for .hack//LINK the game isn't significantly difficult so far but strategy to make yourself extremely efficient in this game is proving to be the hardest while still being engaged. I raged over 3rd form Orgel so hard cus of lasers while bombs. GOD DAMMIT!!!!

But this is just my opinion.