Lets discuss shall we?

tsukasa4692

Lets discuss shall we?

Post by tsukasa4692 »

So far im enjoyin this, i got it an hour ago, and i been gettin by on applyin the knowledge of GU onto this as well. some other specifics arent clear yet. ive seen treasures (dont know what they are, but itll happen eventually.) and ive seen lucky animals too, so far this game is pretty similar to GU and im gettin by. anyway, i was thinking, why dont we just share the knowledge that all of us have and all help eachother. im pretty noobish so im sure that im not contribute anything, but other people may need help too?
Advent_Winter

Re: Lets discuss shall we?

Post by Advent_Winter »

Make sure you indicate spoilers in your post if you want to describe what you've seen. Some people prefer to be kept in the dark until it's released in english, and trust me, there's a HUGE amount of disappointment on the way in my vantage point. You "could" check the massive spoiler thread, just to see what's to come for you during your run through the game. Personally, the game is fairly easy once you get the hang of this formula:

Fight. Break Enemies. Engage in Unison Combo. Repeat.

X-Rengeki's make the game a little more enjoyable on my part, when it comes to visuals. If you want to make the boss battles look even more flashy, you can practice with dodging, jump combos, and so forth.
Last edited by Advent_Winter on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I loved it overall. While playing it, but once the story is completed you realize you get short changed in that department. Which is a huge department. I was still happy with the game, but now that its over I'm really disappointed in the replay value. I thought I was gonna have fun virus hunting, but everything dies way too easy. They should have made a bonus portal with a level 99 zone for each set of virus cores. They should also have a boss mode, and I mean story bosses. Or let you replay the battles. If that is possible and I missed it please someone tell me.

Yea you can convert cores, but thats way more trouble than its worth. Makes it a job and not just a "I'm gonna have fun fighting while getting cores".

Oh yea, while you play make sure you level up jobs as soon as possible and always try to have maxed out low virus cores. You'll be glad later.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

Advent_Winter wrote:Make sure you indicate spoilers in your post if you want to describe what you've seen. Some people prefer to be kept in the dark until it's released in english, and trust me, there's a HUGE amount of disappointment on the way in my vantage point...
yea sorry, i actually didnt know if that had happened or not storys kinda confusing in a foreign language.

So far the game is fun and all, but its basically a remake a GU, thats not exactly a bad thing, but i dont think ive killed a single enemy without breaking which gets kidna... dull. its like using rengeki in GU all the time. I been playin for a day and i jsut dont think i would pay for this game
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I actually slightly take back what I said. I decided to try to get a few more Xth forms and I got them leveled up pretty fast. You have to collect a whole bunch of cores that become smaller amounts each time you convert to a lower rank, but it was easier than I thought. Especially when you are playing a lot to level heart. Still could have been better. Seems they always make the most boring thing the hardest in .hack games.

Also how is it a remake of G.U.? And you didn't use cross rengeki and counters constantly in G.U.?
ajax13

Post by ajax13 »

tsukasa4692 wrote:
Advent_Winter wrote:Make sure you indicate spoilers in your post if you want to describe what you've seen. Some people prefer to be kept in the dark until it's released in english, and trust me, there's a HUGE amount of disappointment on the way in my vantage point...
yea sorry, i actually didnt know if that had happened or not storys kinda confusing in a foreign language.

So far the game is fun and all, but its basically a remake a GU, thats not exactly a bad thing, but i dont think ive killed a single enemy without breaking which gets kidna... dull. its like using rengeki in GU all the time. I been playin for a day and i jsut dont think i would pay for this game
there is no way link is like GU what are you taking about??
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

There nothing alike beside only using 2 people and not the usual group of 3 that I'm use to and the Cross Rengeki is not in GU I guess once you max out you're lv it well get easy I heard the rumor they lower the max lv to 99 I'm not at a max yet I'm around lv 79 and everyone else is lower then I am and they die easy in the game witch make there mood go to blue mood witch sucks.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Rozalin wrote:There nothing alike beside only using 2 people and not the usual group of 3 that I'm use to and the Cross Rengeki is not in GU I guess once you max out you're lv it well get easy I heard the rumor they lower the max lv to 99 I'm not at a max yet I'm around lv 79 and everyone else is lower then I am and they die easy in the game witch make there mood go to blue mood witch sucks.
The combat system in //Link, aside from Unison Combos, is quite similar to both previous games series of .hack. It has IMOQ's freedom battle, (No annoying battle cage to fight in.) with G.U.'s fast paced action and cutscene activated special attacks. The X-Rengeki and how it is obtained, is very much like how the morale bar worked whenever you got a rengeki, and the bar was filled up to either release cutscene type attacks, or special abilities.

As far as I'm concerned, from what I've heard and seen, //Link seems to be more fun than G.U. and IMOQ combined. Sure, it's not difficult, which is quite a disappointment, but it's pretty enjoyable. Not to mention that it's easy to navigate through the game, despite it being in Japanese.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

cool tip: any dodge can be cancelled into an attack and any "BRANCHING" attack (attacks that can be followed up by others) can be cancelled into dodges. you can also sneak Macros into your combos but they won't be as fast, just know your timing.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

I'm sure you've probably noticed by now, but triple taping the dodge button will rocket Tokio straight towards an enemy, I'm not certain if it's the currently targeted or just the nearest, but that's that.

It also impacts the enemy for 0 damage... (Not it doesn't do damage, it actually does "0" damage every time, regardless of level.)

Usefull for closing the distance to bosses if they knock you back... not that they should ever really get the chance since they're all slow enough to stay behind simply by holding the stick left or right while you attack... (Which causes Tokio to strafe around the enemy in short jumps after every few attacks...)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Just a double tap, and you can do it multiply times before hitting the ground. Which is probably already know, but just in case.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

thought I'd throw in a fun little tidbit i found while fooling around with timing. If you do a break and wait till the monster has hit the ground at least once or twice WHILE the Assist button is still flashing, your party member will still dash at the monster for some "Monster volleyball" but the mode will not activate giving you more time to just bash at it.

Not something I'd do constantly but it's fun when I'm not in the mood and i just wanna smash away. Also you can repeatedly use dashing hits while a monster is broken and continuously juggle them for the assist button till their guard comes back up.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I may have just played the demo, but I enjoy the new system. It may seem similar to G.U. but there are differences between the two. As mentioned before there are no cages, and the baseball special attacks replace the rengeki's. The moral gauge is now the cross rengeki gauge, and the spells and attacks can be scrolled through instead of opening the menu every single time. In my opinion this is the best setup CyberConnect2 has done in any of the .hack games, and the only complaint I have is the camera is very annoying to use but I use the L button like LOZ and I am fine.

To all who say that the setup gets boring after a while I ask you this. What game setup in this series hasn't gotten old after reaching the end of the last game?
Here is how I rate these setups.
Original-favorite-Strategy based-gets repetitive after a while especially when you are looking for all 700+ items. (I have no life) :(
G.U.-Least favorite-Hack and slash cage matches-pressing the x button over and over makes jack a dull boy.
Link-In between the original and G.U.-Break, Baseball, Cross rengeki- It's a home run (Nice, Great, Great, Excellent, Nice, Nice) Level ?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I never really liked "Hero of Gear". I like the name. Kind of. The hero part, sucker for anything about a hero. Just didn't really care for it, but now that I hear it every freaking endgame level I want it to die. Any other song would have been perfect. The opening. I'm no hero. Songs from the era. Obsession, Deepest Memories, Silly-Go-Round.

I just ignored it for awhile, but now its annoying me. I play with the sound off now, but is there a way to change the boss music after you beat the game?
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

the baseball mini is addicting to me, i just wanna GGGG successfully and get rewarded extra exp. never gotten an excellent though
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Excellent doesn't appear until you get your characters to a certain level of confidence... (The little hearts in the menu...)

once you get them all the way to 5 full hearts, Excellent isn't hard to get... though some people bat enemies back at you faster than others... I can get a full excellent combo (7 excellents in a row) with Mimiru... if the enemy lives long enough...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Excellent gives the same bonus as Great. Its just that if you have enough Excellents then you can still get "Nice" and get the max finisher move. Though I'm not sure what causes "EX".

Some characters it does take getting used to. Because their combo is like a bunch of little hits and it looks like the monster is coming at you and then it stops because they have one big and slow finishing hit.

Like all .hack, I wish it was harder.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Excellent gives slightly more to the Cross gauge than great does.

EX skills are based on your job level. After a certain level you gain skills better than the EX skills... Universe is the highest level skill... (I missed my EX skills though...)

Also, the Cross gauge does not increase by single bar increments, it actually increases by a number like 25 or so, and sometimes that equates to 2 bars or 3 bars... (due to the computerized rounding methods) This is why a Great will usually give two bars, but only gives one bar when the gauge is empty.

Nice generally gives 'about' 1 great is 'about' 2 and excellent 'about' 3.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yea, I meant end bonus as in Lvl 1,2,3,4 finishing moves. In other words, I meant if you get all excellents you wont unlock a Lvl 5 finisher. Something I was expecting when I first unlocked the "Excellent" part of the bar.

Yea. I have Universe right now. I thought it had something to do with your level, but I never looked closely at the Japanese names. So I was expecting to eventually get an "Universe Ex"
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Tolby wrote: So I was expecting to eventually get an "Universe Ex"
I was hoping for one myself... funny how adding "IIEKUSU!" to the end makes it sound so much more powerful... but sadly none...