Guide PLEASE!

tsukasa4692

Guide PLEASE!

Post by tsukasa4692 »

I got Link today, and so far i love it. im not to far in the story, (kite just...died?) but im honestly gonna need a guide of some sort on how to play, have any been made yet? if you got one please link it! and if not can you help me? i think a general overview on whats what and the controls would be sufficient enough. thank you :)
Tolby

Re: Guide PLEASE!

Post by Tolby »

Pretty easy to find out. Just take control of your character and push some buttons.

I guess some common ones that might get annoying at first would be

X is cancel, O is confirm. Push Triangle pretty much anytime outside of missions and cutscenes to save. Press square in the ship to assign people to shops so they can level up and sell more things. Go to the serpent of lore to level up your classes.

Only other thing that you might not immediately understand is hold down X and push in any four directions on the analog stick to do a pretty wide dodge. Double tap X to double jump/sky dash. If you are fighting it will bounce Tokio off the enemy and you can start doing and air combo with normal attacks. You can do this two times before hitting the ground if you have enough air. When you are attacking if you press down on the analogy stick it changes the finishing move. Not a big deal on normal Tokio, but can save a lot of time on his Xth form.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

thanks that helps a bit, do you know if any guides had been made for the menus? or items.. ive gotten a few but idk what does what. dont mean to be a bother, i jsut REALLY wanna play this game.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I don't know a lick of Japanese and I fly through the menus. Basically just keep pressing O or X. When you are given a box with two small choices top is yes and bottom is no. You pretty much should always press yes. In battle they ask you questions and depending on your answer they will like you or get sad. Always press "L" when you are asked a question. They will either immediately be happy or a timer will come up. If its a high time like 60 seconds then you need to kill all monsters before the time is up. If its a low timer then you have to do a volley ball attack quickly. I think, might be kill a single monster, but thats how you will do it anyways..

Some are a little different. Atoli will ask you to stay in an area until the time runs out or let the monsters run away. Mistral will leave you alone for a long time, but come back with a bunch of items.

Other menus.. really just guess and check. Its pretty simple. Click a menu and you should be able to tell what that menu takes you too with ease. In shops theres english for "my items" and "shop items" so you won't ever sell something on accident. At least not based on not understanding Japanese.

Far as a Guide, I haven't seen one. Check gamefaq often I guess. But like I said you'll find it really easy to navigate once you try.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

tyvm youve been very very helpful. :) :) <3
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Guide to .hack//Link:

Follow the arrows in the levels, press L when instructed, try to get the little bar as close to the center of the orange, and later the yellow block as possible... Use lots of Cross Rengeki's, open every treasure box, kill every enemy, use Unison attacks as monster finishing attacks whenever possible, don't let characters die, go to every field, and do every bonus mission before you do any plot advancing missions...

With that strategy, you'll pretty much get rank S on all levels and unlock everything you can unlock... I'm pretty certain you need to use the Demo version Data Convert option to unlock Ovan and other characters.

If you just want to win as quickly as possible, get CWCheat and PM me for my codes, I have almost everything you can need.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

its kinda funny, this game almost seems like it was made to be this easy to play because they knew americans would be playing it anyway :D
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Satoh wrote:Guide to .hack//Link:

Follow the arrows in the levels, press L when instructed, try to get the little bar as close to the center of the orange, and later the yellow block as possible... Use lots of Cross Rengeki's, open every treasure box, kill every enemy, use Unison attacks as monster finishing attacks whenever possible, don't let characters die, go to every field, and do every bonus mission before you do any plot advancing missions...

With that strategy, you'll pretty much get rank S on all levels and unlock everything you can unlock... I'm pretty certain you need to use the Demo version Data Convert option to unlock Ovan and other characters.

If you just want to win as quickly as possible, get CWCheat and PM me for my codes, I have almost everything you can need.
Why don't you just post the Cheat codes? it would make it more easy I still can't figure out how to put thme in you're PSP Beside it seems no one done it here yet if someone made a Guide that would be good to know win the English ver comes out.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

tsukasa4692 wrote:its kinda funny, this game almost seems like it was made to be this easy to play because they knew americans would be playing it anyway :D
more like they wanted it to be something you could play for 5 or 10 minutes here and there. I think that's why the entire events of every mission are summed up...after each mission...as opposed to just moving on with the story.

"Mobile Gaming" was what they had in mind...
That and it's easier to make a short rush-job game seem more complete if you have lots of things repeated... Consider how much time would be saved if you didn't have Tokio/Toki*rundy narrate those little 'Something's happening in 2020, we have to go check it out' and 'Hey we're in 2020, and something is happening, go to the tower now!' and "For now let's just go back to the Grand Whale." (Double quotes because that's a literal translation of "Toriaezu, GuranWeiru ni modoro." 「とりあえず、ぐらんうぇいるに戻ろ。」)

If nothing else though, I'm learning a lot more Japanese due to the repetitive nature of the dialogue in this game...
I especially found the Haseo's name argument funny...

Roughly: "It's HaseO with a WO not HaseYO! WO!"

And I don't post the codes directly because there are more than a hundred of them and I don't think that would be conducive to the thread layout... I could post the entire cheat.DB but that also is more work than it's worth since so far I've had all of 0 people actually ask about the codes... Apparently I'm the only person who really cares.