A few questions (Klarinette, Schicksal)

salarta

A few questions (Klarinette, Schicksal)

Post by salarta »

This is a little odd, but I have reasons for it. I hope some of you can help. Obviously since I haven't played the game, I don't know much about how the characters are. I don't mind spoilers at all in these questions answered.

-How does Schicksal modify PCs? I know Twilight Knights shows that Haseo and Alkaid could be modified, and I know Metronome said it takes time, but that's all I really know.
-What's Klarinette's personality and kind of actions she's known to take? I only have the .hack wiki to go on right now.
-Similar to the above, any examples of the way she talks, including words, tone and speech pattern? I know she's mostly silent, that's about it.

Thanks for anyone that can help.
GyppyGirl2021

Re: A few questions (Klarinette, Schicksal)

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...I'm kind of interested in Klarinette's mannerisms myself, although I'd like to learn about the rest of Schicksal's too XD
salarta

Post by salarta »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...I'm kind of interested in Klarinette's mannerisms myself, although I'd like to learn about the rest of Schicksal's too XD
All I really know right now is what's on the .hack wiki. I don't want to assume what her personality, mannerisms and speech are like, but that might become the case if nobody really knows.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

RP? Hmm based on the manga, she has a serious persona. From the carvings she made in volume 3. I'd say she more of a focus person but less so than Metronome. Strong determination I guess, thinks to herself... Don't know how to explain the process but Schicksal are special PC from CC Corp. They can feel pain but it doesn't seem like something would kill them. However that part is a little choppy, since the information I have isn't complete... Talks more as that bear than she does normality. ><
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

-How does Schicksal modify PCs? I know Twilight Knights shows that Haseo and Alkaid could be modified, and I know Metronome said it takes time, but that's all I really know.
They use magical hacking powers. It's never really satisfactorily explained, but it's apparently Jyotaro Amagi's technology.
-What's Klarinette's personality and kind of actions she's known to take? I only have the .hack wiki to go on right now.
She's basically one of these.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dandere

As far as her motives, the manga tells us that she wants to save someone precious to her, apparently male (a brother or a lover or something?), but whether or not this is true for the game I don't know.
-Similar to the above, any examples of the way she talks, including words, tone and speech pattern? I know she's mostly silent, that's about it.
Can't help you here.
salarta

Post by salarta »

I'll just assume a speech pattern based on her personality type (dandere). Thanks for the help, I appreciate it and any further info you guys might have if there's more.
Genshie

Post by Genshie »

Well one major difference I know about their pcs, that no one has mentioned yet, is that they can go berserk/power up. I forgot but there is a term for this in the game they mentioned. I am pretty sure Geist mentions it and Sakaki tries to fuse a program with Aida but fails during the PK tournament.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

I don't know much about Klarinette other then she's hot as hell
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Klarinette is "Mostly silent, and that's about all."

I realize that was a statement that you only knew about her silentness... but that really IS all that there is to her personality.

She never says anything. Nothing else to say. She has emotions but you only get a single hint that that is the case from 1 solitary mission. And even that is just a simple 'Arigatou.' and nothing more.

The only other thing to note is that her attack style is dancelike (In he way that figure-skating is) and he is very fast.

If anyone is familiar with the character Fujin from Final Fantasy 8, that's who she is, except she talks less than Fujin.

She does not answer people when they are talking to her, including when Cello (who calls her Nette-chan) asks her opinion.

She uses something similar to chakram as her weapons, however she uses them as hand to hand weapons instead of the intended throwing weapon...

Her face never once shows any emotion, though she does lightly blush in one (and only one) scene for about one word's worth of text. Even in that scene her facial gesture doesn't change.

She does in one scene show pain or defeat, as she is only half conscious...

But that's about as much as she gets. I will say that even if she is a clone of any number of characters (Most notably Fujin, whom she not only acts, but also looks and talks like, and uses the same weapon.) she is still my favorite character.
Narase

Post by Narase »

I also consider her pretty loyal to Fluegal like Pai's pretty loyal to Yata...
((come to think of it...I think Pai and Klarinette had a conversation about this in one of the X'over chapters...))

but yeah....she's mostly quiet and observing...and surprisingly fast.

I do remember a certain point in the game where when she first met Tokio she (and don't quote me on this because I'm not THAT fluent in Japanese...) considered Tokio a joke and shrugged him off as being super weak....but later in the game after he "powered up" she seemed to grow respect for him...but yeah....
Juno

Post by Juno »

Narase wrote:I also consider her pretty loyal to Fluegal like Pai's pretty loyal to Yata...
((come to think of it...I think Pai and Klarinette had a conversation about this in one of the X'over chapters...))

but yeah....she's mostly quiet and observing...and surprisingly fast.

I do remember a certain point in the game where when she first met Tokio she (and don't quote me on this because I'm not THAT fluent in Japanese...) considered Tokio a joke and shrugged him off as being super weak....but later in the game after he "powered up" she seemed to grow respect for him...but yeah....
No, she had her eyes on him the entire time.
She was just disappointed in his performance at the time because he didn't match her previous expectations.
It makes me wonder if they met before, like in the bonus chapter of the manga.
Narase

Post by Narase »

Juno wrote:It makes me wonder if they met before, like in the bonus chapter of the manga.
That's what the .hack wiki says at least....
I haven't taken a look at the manga myself but I noticed there are some stuff in the manga (that the wiki mentions) that doesn't really match what happened in the game but *shrug* my guesslation is mediocre
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Klarinette > All figure skaters that have ever existed combined.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Tokio's email responses can vary drastically so it's not certain whether this is canon, but you can choose to tell Klarinette a story similar to the one in the manga, and if you do she responds "The way you are now, you could definitely..." (win).

And yeah, she's pretty much one of the best characters ever. Even her kicking ass theme is amazing, with its obligatory clarinet (in addition to pretty much every other instrument).