Multiplayer?

N3IWVC

Re: Multiplayer?

Post by N3IWVC »

I don't have LINK myself but from what I understand, that is the case. Players will not come into direct contact with each other at all. Merely cooperating indirectly in some fashion.
Perhaps someone else who has more experience with multiplayer can explain just how it works better.
Genshie

Post by Genshie »

You are correct! You only help each other crawl through the set amount floors. I have done multiplayer a couple of times with my friends now. You can only get so far ahead of your said partner as well, I believe about two to three floors ahead until you have to wait for your friend to catch up. The game drops various buttons that you can press whenever you feel like it will heal your buddies party on his side of the dungeon. (I have only played through the first map since most of my friends haven't tried it, also you can do the multiplayer maps by yourself as well for extra virus cores/exp/ect) The final room/boss room will have, from the first map anyway, three different bosses, a sword wielding monster, a super buffed up monster, and a monster that resembles a top, that switch at every 50% to your buddies psp (this all varies if you do the character special move which most of the time if you have ex form once will do, depending on what lvl map you are using of course). I am sure the end bosses though are not the same on every map however.
Pic0o

Post by Pic0o »

Dag. This info, along with the feel I got from the demo are pretty ominous. Curiously, are all battles forced like in the demo? If you loose the ability to see enemies and explore dungeons, I'm pretty sure I have no reason to pick this up when it hits US side.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yea no dungeons really. Some areas have a couple of cave rooms, underground rooms, in buildings that kind of give off the dungeon feel. Then theres boat rides, elevator rides, and stuff like that. Both of which you fight on, not just a cutscene ride. Actually I would say its like G.U.'s ground floors (except each bridge or new fairly large piece of land is a different area and not fluent), mixed with IMOQ's ground floor (not being stuck in circles to fight and free roaming monsters that you can just run away from), mixed with a little originality.

Theres also PK fights like the battle arenas. Except its like a cartoon violence dust cloud that you click on.