Customization Thread

Tolby

Customization Thread

Post by Tolby »

How does everyone have their characters customized?

Tokio Norm: Cat on head
Tokio Xth: Nothing, everything looks weird on him
Balmung: Guitar
Orca: Lumberjack wood and occasionally night cap for laughs
Blackrose Xth: Police/Driver hat, backpack and Sakaki's sword. She now reminds me of "This Policewoman" from Highschool of the Dead for some reason.
Mimiru: Cat ears
Mistral: Wings
Subaru: That big sun hat
Albireo: Occasionally Guitar, but usually nothing. Dont like two characters with same items. (Unless they have the same normal design. Even then it depends)
Ginkan: Ocassionally lumberjack. Used to have it on there normally but when I got Orca I stopped because of above reason.
Bo Kitty on head

Everyone else is normal for now. How do you unlock more anyways? I don't think I've gotten many additional items to buy since the start.
Last edited by Tolby on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Customization Thread

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Silver Knight is not as awesome without that afro. XD
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

Tokio Xth: Devil Wings (Works really well, just sometimes there's model clipping, especially during X Rengekis)
BlackRose Xth: Mini Angel Wings, Cat Ears, Gabi's Sword (Need to change all of these)
Mimiru Xth: Pink Ribbon on back
Kite Xth: Don't know, I really want to customize him. Maybe the big Angel Wings when I get them.

Trying to customize them to look serious but there's a lack of good items. Besides, Mimiru can't ever be fixed now that she got Xth Form'd.
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Silver Knight is not as awesome without that afro. XD
noone is awesome without an afro. god bless data convert.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Afro is funny. And I would give it to anyone from LoTT if I could, but I can't. Since I can't give it to them I can't justify giving it to anyone else. I respect everyone too much. Even Ginkan. Though I did allow Haseo to wear it for awhile.

How do you get the devil wings?
(bold to breech the mini wall of text)

Gave Klarinette the same thing as Blackrose. I know what I said before, but they both pull it off so well. Gave Endrance that hat as well. I think I just have a fetish for that hat.

Alkaid: cat ears, because shes Alkaid. Sorry, if she gets to be in this game over Bear she better put on some cat ears and jiggle.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Tolby wrote:Alkaid: cat ears, because shes Alkaid. Sorry, if she gets to be in this game over Bear she better put on some cat ears and jiggle.
So uhhh... you wanted Bear to put on cat ears and jiggle instead?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Gemcrim wrote:
Tolby wrote:Alkaid: cat ears, because shes Alkaid. Sorry, if she gets to be in this game over Bear she better put on some cat ears and jiggle.
God dammit I love you Gemcrim :lol:
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Gemcrim wrote:
Yes, Yes I did :lol:

(Heh, what can I say, I don't like Alkaid much)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Gemcrim wrote:
Well, I'd figured costume play for Bear would be a teddy bear outfit.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Kite Xth: Guitar and Black Shades (for the rock star look)
Mimiru/Xth: Police Cap and Black Backpack (looks best on her 1st form)
Blackrose/Xth: Cat Ears (cute)
Atoli: Drill Curls (fits her surprisingy well, imo lol)
Sakaki: Afro and Frying Pan with eggs (since I dislike him and wanted him to look even more rediculous than he already does)
Shino: Reading Glasses (for the hot teacher look)
Balmung: The Coke Bottle Glasses (reminds me of flight goggles on him)
Subaru Xth: Little Angel Wings
Alberio: Reading Glasses (so he looks like me now, lol)
Pi Xth: Ribbon in hair
Endrance: Witch hat
Haseo B-st: Demon Wings

I didn't really switch any weapons around except for kite and asure kite, but it reset when kite went to xth. I also played around w/ giving Klaurenette and Pi the demon wings for the succubus look, but it didn't stick.
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

Got tired with the cost of getting the stuff to trader for accessories so I just cheated. I gave Kite Xth the big Angel Wings. Kept the Demon Wings on Tokio and gave him the half rimmed glasses. Glasses makes everything better. Shame there aren't Harry Ord glasses for Tokio, aftering hearing his level 5 Xth Form skill he needs Harry Ord glasses.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Why is Kite so amazing? Man his Xth form is so amazing. Even better in person. Just gave him sunglasses so he looks like a badass blues brother when he does his cross rengeki.

Ended up giving like 10 more people that hat.

Gave normal Endrance (and then now Xth) the sombrero, Kaede's sword and a guitar. It looks amazing good on him in his normal form. Looks alright in Xth form. I hate his ears and braids though. Gonna buy the banjo next and see if it looks better than the guitar. Also gonna try the banjo on Kite.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Tolby wrote:Why is Kite so amazing?
Because he's Kite. Durr. :P
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Kouen wrote: Trying to customize them to look serious but there's a lack of good items. Besides, Mimiru can't ever be fixed now that she got Xth Form'd.
A: they really aren't meant to look serious considering the tone of most scenes...

B: Yes she can, just not without hacking. I'm pretty close to finding the right byte to modify to switch character's models... I think I already know which byte controls which cross rengeki they use... (Pretty sure I can call a non Xth form rengeki from from an Xth cast of characters...)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Finally stopped be lazy and entered the code for the Tales clothes. I gotta say, in Xth form, Haseo actually looks pretty cool in them. Not like that early scan made him look.

Also Xth Subaru is finally hat worthy.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Sunglasses on Tsukasa... they suit the character pretty well I think... Tsukasa is one of the few characters that doesn't look awful in Xth form... I'm still having nightmares about Silver Knight's mustache...

What is seen can never be unseen, as they say.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Customization is one of the best things in link.
Narase

Post by Narase »

I gave Devil wings to practically everyone in my party (who's not a wavemaster/harvest cleric....oh....and already has their own wings)

Cuz I'm almost certain the Devil wings add a sleep effect to my attacks....
Tolby wrote:Finally stopped be lazy and entered the code for the Tales clothes. I gotta say, in Xth form, Haseo actually looks pretty cool in them. Not like that early scan made him look.
How is this done? @_@ I tried to enter it and I think I seem to be missing a keyword choice in-game and can't figure out why....
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Hm, I think somewhere on the Link card you can "scan the game" for other Link words you unlocked through progression. Thats how someone described it, seems to be pretty accurate. When I first started the game I didn't have all the words to unlock the costumes either. Thats what I was lazy about trying again. First try was a start, successful try was after I beat the game. So I'm not sure what point I unlocked the last keyword.
Narase

Post by Narase »

Tolby wrote:Hm, I think somewhere on the Link card you can "scan the game" for other Link words you unlocked through progression. Thats how someone described it, seems to be pretty accurate. When I first started the game I didn't have all the words to unlock the costumes either. Thats what I was lazy about trying again. First try was a start, successful try was after I beat the game. So I'm not sure what point I unlocked the last keyword.
The sad part is I'm missing the third keyword which is "Swordsman".....which sounds like a simple enough keyword that should be unlocked in the beginning...

EH....If this "scan the game" thing is that option that you can only select "once a day" then DARN....I guess I'll just do it more close to the end too x_X