The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

Azure Gemini

Re: The "I Got .hack//Link PSP" Thread

Post by Azure Gemini »

I got the game in the mail a few hours ago. And yesterday I got another game for the DS. I'm so happy~
renadeles

Post by renadeles »

Hey, I understand some Japanese! And I have my kanji and furigana dictionaries to help with what I don't know.

....Yes, it goes painfully slow |D And I give myself headaches, but it's also kinda fun? I do the same thing with Toro Station, the PS3 rssfeed with the mascots. Words only, which is actually easier. The cutscenes when I DON'T control how fast the words go in LINK? Gonna miss a lot of those :/

It didn't help I played until tired, then paid no attention while quiting. Didn't manage to save, so I lost all I had done. Which was only the second visit to SIGN, so not much, but still :| I felt very stupid.

And the New and Old Testaments, Lux_S, are info books. They are very tiny as others have said, but have a whooooooole lot of info packed in them. 97 pages for Old, 67 for New. New has an interview that I want to tear into, nine page thing with tiiiiiny print that has Ito and Matsuyama talking. And the pictures are very pretty <3
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Got it... well... I borrowed it off a friend who imported it... buuuut... I'm planning on conveniently losing it and reimbursing him retail price for it *cough* anyway...

Does anyone know what this warning about '832mb' free space on the memory stick is about?

Anyway, I'd like to know where you got that furigana dictionary from... Is it just a visual lookup or is there a way to draw partial radicals and do a comparison search?

(If I ever get a new phone I'm definitely getting an application for that...)

Kanji is the biggest hindrance for me actually being able to read Japanese... there's just so many of them and I don't have any way to look them up...

Anyway, I'm so thrilled that Mimiru is my first party member! She was and is my favorite .hack character... though I don't care for her new sword design... Is it possible to change weapons or are they character oriented static items...?

Loving the auto-revive feature, it's saved my ass more than once. I still haven't quite figured out how to dodge though...

As for a US debut, I don't see it happening for another year, as is the case with most Jp->US releases...

But I suppose I've rambled on enough...
Genshie

Post by Genshie »

Satoh wrote:
Anyway, I'm so thrilled that Mimiru is my first party member! She was and is my favorite .hack character... though I don't care for her new sword design... Is it possible to change weapons or are they character oriented static items...?

Loving the auto-revive feature, it's saved my ass more than once. I still haven't quite figured out how to dodge though...
Yes you are able to change the weapons of your party members through purchasable accessories in the room underneath the serpent of lore room. Also whenever you get another character of the same class/or relative class you can switch to their weapons. (Example Haseo can wield Alkaid's weapon and visa versa, or Tsukasa can wield Atoli's weapon) Also to dodge you just press x once into the direction you want to dodge to of course.
Reioumu

Post by Reioumu »

Currently enjoying the game, though the baseball system just seems a little gimmicky, but less of equipment swapping, etc.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

just got mine. downloaded onto the PSP after my friend re-hacked it. Will play once i'm done putting Brahzbroo into my PSP. Excited to play after burning so many hours on that demo then having the file get corrupted ÒAÓ
Narase

Post by Narase »

About two weeks ago I went overseas on a trip and luckily found....not only the game for sale but the special "Quarantine pack"

I've been playing it in my spare time every since --despite my Japanese fluency being pretty mediocre (it's suprising how much I figured out by trial and error) :lol:
Sakota

Post by Sakota »

Got my Quarantine pack at the cost of an arm and a leg. First thing I opened up was the "Epitaph of the New Testament".

Which speaking of which, had a warning across the center of the cover telling you to open it AFTER you have cleared the game....

I wonder if the NA release would include a figure again. (´・ω・`)
Narase

Post by Narase »

Sakota wrote:Which speaking of which, had a warning across the center of the cover telling you to open it AFTER you have cleared the game....
I totally opened it before I started! Hahahahaha!

It didn't really spoil me that badly....granted I can't read the stuff in the boxes that say "SECRET SETTING" but well...ya know...
Ashura

Post by Ashura »

Well i got the game too,downloaded it on my psp.It´s preaty good i kinda liked it too bad it was in Japanese..I did understand some of the story however.Seems there´s some guy turning PC´s into stone and cristal and the main character goes back in time trough the events of SIGN and ROOTS wich is preaty nice.However the battle system could have been better i mean just 2 characters per party isn´t that good.I mean yeah you can do the rengeki moves and stuff but still...I also liked how they used the song Obssesion for the boss of the firts area you go to outside of the tutorial area with Kite
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Now, if they can only localize the sh*t already. :/
Ashura

Post by Ashura »

Advent_Winter wrote:Now, if they can only localize the sh*t already. :/
Calm down it takes time for a full localization to be done and the japanese version was only released recentely
Kaitsu

Post by Kaitsu »

I'm not so sure if this pertains to the thread but... what the f*ck. Does anyone know if the game will also be released on PSN (For download/PSPgo)? It wasn't released on PSN in Japan, and if they don't do it here... I'm prob'ly gonna have to buy a PSP 3000. The b*stards...

EDIT: Holy crap... this is my first post? I've been a member of this board for four years and I haven't ever said anything? Wow...
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Anything's possible but if you're trying to decide what to buy I personally wouldn't risk it. This has been beaten to death in other threads, but the PSPGo isn't even worth it anyway. If you really want a Go try to hold off until there's some announcement...
Kaitsu

Post by Kaitsu »

No, I already have one. That's the problem ^_^; I needed a way to play my portable games without taking up a lot of space (Carrying my games around) so I decided on the Go. It's been great and fits my lifestyle well but sometimes their releases/speed makes me angry. I thought in October last year or something that they passed some sort of... something, that said they HAD to release all games released on UMDs also on the PSN for download after that date. I'm not sure if that has been the case or not, as I've really only been looking at Japanese games (And they are NOT doing that there xD )
Gomorrah

Post by Gomorrah »

Even so, from what I've heard, you really don't have to carry your games around if you had a normal PSP, because you can download full games on it just like the Go. The only difference is, the normal PSP has both capabilities while the Go does not.
Kaitsu

Post by Kaitsu »

Completely true, though I figured that I'd be spending more than buying a Go eventually by having to buy more memory sticks to compensate for no internal memory. I don't know though, I 've been thinking of trading it in and getting a 3000 because I can just re-download my games. Though the problem I stated earlier still remains, which again makes me feel like it may be a bad idea.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kaitsu wrote:Completely true, though I figured that I'd be spending more than buying a Go eventually by having to buy more memory sticks to compensate for no internal memory. I don't know though, I 've been thinking of trading it in and getting a 3000 because I can just re-download my games. Though the problem I stated earlier still remains, which again makes me feel like it may be a bad idea.
Well, it varies, but having a 4GB Memory Stick should at least cover you for 3-5 games, which in my opinion, is a very good storage estimate. Dissidia Final Fantasy, which was full of content and bonus material, clocked in at 1.2 GB I believe, but others like Gran Turismo, Burnout Legends, and such, are just below 1 GB. So, having two 4GB Memory Sticks should keep you in a good spot. I think they're about $30 bucks.
Kaitsu

Post by Kaitsu »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:So, having two 4GB Memory Sticks should keep you in a good spot. I think they're about $30 bucks.
Yeah, I downloaded Dissidia too =P But yeah there's a lot of games I could do without that I have in my system storage. Of course it's not really affecting me 'cause I have 16 gigs of space ^_^; But yeah also being able to play UMDs gives me more import options and if they don't release all games for download in America I can still get them. Or if I want to buy the game physically 'cause of pre-order bonuses or special packages or something (.hack//LINK...) totally possible.

Hmm...
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

I borrowed the game from my friend. I can understand some of the cutscenes and the game is very VERY Manga-esque as previously stated.