Cubia in link?

zxadvent

Cubia in link?

Post by zxadvent »

does any body know if they're bringing cubia into .hack//link at all?
Advent_Winter

Re: Cubia in link?

Post by Advent_Winter »

Most likely, although we can't make any guarantees. However, since EVERYTHING ELSE is coming back, Cubia's likely to appear somewhere within the game.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Advent_Winter wrote:Most likely, although we can't make any guarantees. However, since EVERYTHING ELSE is coming back, Cubia's likely to appear somewhere within the game.
Playable character. :D
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

d5t wrote:Playable character. :D
Okay, I'm sleep deprived and had 13 cans of pepsi in the past 24 hours which is not helping, but I burst out laughing!

In all seriousness though, yeah, since everyone else is, why NOT Cubia?

Tokio: Cubia, Sneeze!
Haseo: What the hell is this, poke-MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!?
*Haseo crashes to the ground about a mile away*
Kite: ... note to self, Cubia is more fun as an ally....
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, if you had read .Hack//XXXX, you should've known and seen how awesome "Human Cubia" can really be :P

I haven't read it, but everyone in this forum who has read it freaking loves that Cubia.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I brought this up in another topic but since Cubia has his own topic now I'll post it here as well.
N3IWVC wrote:I was just thinking that Cubia was spawned from Kite in IMOQ and got pretty big.
In G.U. he spawned from all 8 epitaphs and was approaching death star size.
What's he gonna look like if he spawns from 30 or so different xth form wielding characters?
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

TheSorrow wrote:Well, if you had read .Hack//XXXX, you should've known and seen how awesome "Human Cubia" can really be :P

I haven't read it, but everyone in this forum who has read it freaking loves that Cubia.

Cubia in the manga is awsome .hack//xxxx in general is awsome. I'm just sad they made it so short...

I'm guessing they probely will have cubia sense They had cubia in like every f'in season.
Coldbird

Post by Coldbird »

As far as I know human cubia actually exists in the first batch of .hack games.

When you are fighting the cubia core, and record it, in single frames you can make out a human shape inside the core, most probably being our beloved human cubia.

Suppose big brother swallowed it up or something.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Coldbird wrote:As far as I know human cubia actually exists in the first batch of .hack games.

When you are fighting the cubia core, and record it, in single frames you can make out a human shape inside the core, most probably being our beloved human cubia.

Suppose big brother swallowed it up or something.
Yes, but not really. Both in IMOQ and GU, there's always a figure of the "player" whose existence triggered the appearance of Cubia (Kite and Haseo, to be specific)...but Cubia was just a big monster with no intention except eliminate that which was so big and powerful it could cause harm to Aura, and avoid that source to get what it wants...effectively, being the "Anti-Existence".

But in .Hack//XXXX, the Cubia wasn't a monster, and it wasn't just the "thing inside the core either"...it was completely an AI who looked like any other player from the game (similar to Kite, but with several differences)...and as far as i can tell, it behaved and had objectives different than the "Cubia monster", more like wanting to be better than Kite and "replace" it instead of just getting into Kite's way, and that human Cubia even questioned himself and his actions and it would be learning too...it was an AI thinking and behaving like a human, while Cubia is just a monster indeed, blindly doing his programmed task.

So yep, lots of differences between the Cubia we get to see in the games, and the actual human Cubia that appears in XXXX. And the Kite inside Cubia's core and human Cubia have almost no relation to each other.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Plus, Human Cubia had much more rational goals, or goal for short. He wanted to  fuse with kite,so that he can become his own anti-existance, having the power of light and dark in one being to become Twilight, or more so, immortal. Now THAT's an epic plan.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Of course, that was all just a big elaborate coverup for his true Freudian desire of  wanting love, which he took to the ultimate extreme by making it so he and Kite could never be apart.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Sounds like someone is writing a fanfic.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Er...that's actually in XXXX.