Do you think they're going for the feeling of the old games?

A.R.T

Do you think they're going for the feeling of the old games?

Post by A.R.T »

Looking at the way LINK looks graphically, and the type of hero we have this time as the main character...do you think that the creators are going for the old look of the games before? I mean, putting the game on the PSP was a stepback graphically and the fact that it's on a handheld is a plus and serves a story purpose, I know...but thinking about it, do you think this game will have the "old feel" of the original series?
bloodwolf2a2

Re: Do you think they're going for the feeling of the old games?

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

It looks like they are going to have the battle system of G.U. 2 player parties the graphics don't look that bad but what do you mean by the old feel of the original games.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It doesn't really serve a "story purpose," The World R:2 used a Wii controller but .hack//G.U. wasn't on Wii.

At any rate, aside from all the cameos I'd say it looks like its own thing. In the same way that G.U. built upon the gameplay of the originals and added features, this game seems to do so as well. Tokio seems to be able to wield multiple weapons, like Haseo, but he can also do unique combo attacks with his teammates, and there are probably other changes we haven't seen yet...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Plus, CC2 likes to keep things in the shadows until release day closes in, like how they surprised us in G.U. about Avatar Battles and the abilities to control Skeith. Although, I'm pretty curious about other factors in this game, like how will Tokio and crew battle Schicksal gameplay wise, What would the special techniques be for other possible party members, and how will Tokio gain the power of Data Drain, etc.