2 Players Co-Op

hojou

2 Players Co-Op

Post by hojou »

Sinces on the psp it might be a 2 player co-op game. Like on monster hunter.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: 2 Players Co-Op

Post by AuraTwilight »

Doubt it. PS2 games can have two player co-op but that didn't man the .hack games were.
RedRaz0r

Post by RedRaz0r »

All psp games are multiplayer basically, but .hack doesnt follow suit
Haku/Osaka/Kolulu

Post by Haku/Osaka/Kolulu »

Well, now that each player can have their own screen, it would make more sense. I mean, the only other .hack game to have multiplayer was played on different screens, was it not? Granted, that didn't go so well, but a lot of the fundamental errors would be solved by the PSP's built-in wireless capabilities.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Haku/Osaka/Kolulu wrote:Well, now that each player can have their own screen, it would make more sense. I mean, the only other .hack game to have multiplayer was played on different screens, was it not? Granted, that didn't go so well, but a lot of the fundamental errors would be solved by the PSP's built-in wireless capabilities.
What do you mean? //Fragment did excellent overall. It was just a demo to promote the new .hack// series of games.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:Doubt it. PS2 games can have two player co-op but that didn't man the .hack games were.
The PSP is a more multiplayer-geared system than the PS2. Network equipment comes default, the system is mobile and connecting to other systems doesn't require a third-party service. The screen cranks out more pixels per player if you consider that it's progressive scan. I have no idea where to get numbers but I'm pretty sure that PSP has more multiplayer games overall... When you consider that they moved to both PSP and a co-op battle system, co-op play isn't off the menu.
_Tri-edge_ wrote:What do you mean? //Fragment did excellent overall. It was just a demo to promote the new .hack// series of games.
Sic et non. fragment did better than expected, but although it was a "gap filler" of sorts it wasn't there to promote G.U. It was kinda just a .hack version of PSO, which in its original form also wasn't designed to run that long...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

PSO
whats that
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Phantasy Star Online...a MMO that has both a 1-player story and an online gameplay.

At least that's the only "PSO" i know of ':P
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Does anyone know what happened with .hack//MOBILE, I think it was also multiplayer?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

but although it was a "gap filler" of sorts it wasn't there to promote G.U.
I meant new back then, which was the IMOQ series.
|<!73 wrote:Does anyone know what happened with .hack//MOBILE, I think it was also multiplayer?
I had no idea such a thing exsisted.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I had no idea such a thing exsisted.
dude...............that thing existed in Japan for awhile,i think its gone now though
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
but although it was a "gap filler" of sorts it wasn't there to promote G.U.
I meant new back then, which was the IMOQ series.
Fragment was released almost two years after Quarantine in Japan. I think not.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

|<!73 wrote:Does anyone know what happened with .hack//MOBILE, I think it was also multiplayer?
It was, over the phone network, and as far as I can tell it's still going on. It was developed completely independently from CC2, though it shows Bandai is definitely interested in producing such a thing.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

AuraTwilight wrote:Doubt it. PS2 games can have two player co-op but that didn't man the .hack games were.
It could be done tho, it could be 3players if you have the hookup 3 characters working on their own, dont have to rely on stupid AI... I know me and my friends would love it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Link seems to be 2-player party oriented. Which is still cool, because you could get something like the RPG equivalent of Resident Evil 5 as opposed to the RPG equivalent of Halo. Maybe. If they do it right. Many-player multiplayer has been done to death compared to co-op. I've never even heard of an RPG like that, actually, while I can think of plenty with many-player support... It's definitely a kind of gameplay worth exploring.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

I'm hoping that it is co-op online so we can party up with other people on the net.
zabejt

Post by zabejt »

bloodwolf2a2 wrote:I'm hoping that it is co-op online so we can party up with other people on the net.
that would great to have
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

I would at least like to play a .hack game online if this is going to be the last game hopefully it isn't but if they would make it with online capabilities they would sell more copies.