Final Boss in this game?-Aura.

A.R.T

Final Boss in this game?-Aura.

Post by A.R.T »

Think about it...it makes perfect sense...it's no wonder she'd pick someone like Tokio because there isn't a game he HASN'T beaten yet. And who would be the hardest boss....Aura? My theory, and it's a far fetched one...time isn't on Aura's side and she is dying. But as she is dying, her program is becoming more unstable and something within her is making the Internet worse along with it. So by bringing in Tokio and calling to everyone who ever had even a glimmer of involvement in the Twilight these past ten years, she hopes to end this dependence on her once and for all. She created the Chrono Cores to make everyone relive their past and hopefully remember why they were there in the first place...the Chronos Core, once all gathered, would make Tokio nearly Aura's equal in terms of power.

As a final boss fight, it would take place in an ice field at night, little snowflakes falling down as Aura brandished out random weapons at will. The fight would be epic, of course, her attacks constant and never ending...until the second round, where she turns into a gigantic Twilight Dragon version of herself. With Kite and Haseo by his side, the three duke it out with the Remnant of Twilight in the skies as the One Hope...an angelic version of the One Sin. Two Dragons fighting against each other as "The World" is on the brink of total shutdown. It's testing the new system's limits, which were thought to be limitless. The execs at CC Corp and all the world watch on TV and computer screens across the world as The One Hope and Remnant of Twilight battle for the existence of the Internet...at the last moment, just as it seems The One Hope is going to win, Aura pulls back...momentarily regaining her senses.

"I...I have lived...Mother knew that one day, I would go out of control...not knowing what my true purpose as a living, feeling being was until I knew...knew what it was like to watch others sacrifice for their friends, their loved ones, even their enemies...Tokio...Kite...Haseo...all of you have changed and evolved as I have. Y-You...I envy you...all."

The three say nothing, even as Tokio wants to say something to the girl he once knew only as a rumor.

Meh, I'll think of something better but we need something like this...XD
|<!73

Re: Final Boss in this game?-Aura.

Post by |<!73 »

Aura went back to sleep at the end of G.U, I don't think she is coming back. No, thats not right I think she will come back however I don't think she is as involved. The World R:X was sold through a lottery announced on CC Corps site, so the players should be random. It is possible for Aura to modify something like that, but once again she is suppose to be asleep. In addition Saika Amagi was the one that brought Tokio to The World and that was for her own reasons. Before that his M3D was confiscated and he simply wasn't getting in.

Funny Scene:
Tokio: "Give it to me!"
Nizato Store Manager: "No, No, No... This is the only one I'm getting! I have been a dedicated player since the days of R:1."
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I heard of some theory/idea before involving Tokio an AI supposed to surpass Aura or something like that, but having Tokio as a normal player supposed to surpass Aura and actually having to FIGHT her in order to do that...now that's a whole new level.

I don't think Aura can die or her program become unstable; she's the Ultimate AI, not just a mere little debugging program that needs to be changed every couple years, and heck, the internet is alive BECAUSE of her. I'm not so sure of her fighting capabilities, but she could just create AIs like the Azure Knights for a fight, but anyways, if all she wanted to do is completely separate herself from the humans so they don't depend on her, she can simply do one thing...not appear at all even to say a "Don't give up!" or "lol You're dead". I'd rather have some enemy plot twist in which Tokio actually became the bad guy, being him the one actually affecting The World and doing everything to oppose the heroes's actions (without him realizing), and even has to fight and defeat Kite and Haseo and almost everyone, but then realizes what he really needs to do to become a hero and goes to fight Saika or whoever her boss/leader was, most likely Jyotaro (though he would still fight Saika sooner or later, unless she also had some change of heart)
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

You gotta admit. Having Aura as a final boss would be sweet. Better than trying to takedown cubia at level 109. XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

lol >3>

But yeah, i have to admit it, it would be awesome to fight Aura and it would really make an epic battle, more than the first time you fight Skeith (which is also very epic because it's the very first time you fight such a strong creature like that that pwned Orca and you aren't really supposed to defeat). But the joy of the battle is not enough to cover up the huge disappointment of having the battle taking place, mostly because, in one way or another, Tokio will end up defeating her and winning, and several things from .Hack project would pretty much go to waste.
But if Aura was possessed or something and Tokio had to save her rather than just defeat her in her normal self, i guess i could go with that.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Think about it...it makes perfect sense...it's no wonder she'd pick someone like Tokio because there isn't a game he HASN'T beaten yet.
And what is there to suggest Aura chose Tokio? That seems to have all been Saika's doing.
And who would be the hardest boss....Aura? My theory, and it's a far fetched one...time isn't on Aura's side and she is dying. But as she is dying, her program is becoming more unstable and something within her is making the Internet worse along with it. So by bringing in Tokio and calling to everyone who ever had even a glimmer of involvement in the Twilight these past ten years, she hopes to end this dependence on her once and for all. She created the Chrono Cores to make everyone relive their past and hopefully remember why they were there in the first place...the Chronos Core, once all gathered, would make Tokio nearly Aura's equal in terms of power.
That might be interesting, but why is she dying? It's not like AI's age or anything.
As a final boss fight, it would take place in an ice field at night, little snowflakes falling down as Aura brandished out random weapons at will.
No, even better. It's the forest, constantly changing from bright colors to creepiness and vines to underwater with coral, and her white bed and teddy bear. She doesn't actually use weapons, but she hovers with a divine aura, calling down divine judgement and beams from the heavens and such. A battle remix of Aura's Theme.
The fight would be epic, of course, her attacks constant and never ending...until the second round, where she turns into a gigantic Twilight Dragon version of herself.
No. If she transforms, she should age backwards to her child self, huddled in the fetal position, her colors shifting.
With Kite and Haseo by his side, the three duke it out with the Remnant of Twilight in the skies as the One Hope...an angelic version of the One Sin. Two Dragons fighting against each other as "The World" is on the brink of total shutdown. It's testing the new system's limits, which were thought to be limitless. The execs at CC Corp and all the world watch on TV and computer screens across the world as The One Hope and Remnant of Twilight battle for the existence of the Internet...at the last moment, just as it seems The One Hope is going to win, Aura pulls back...momentarily regaining her senses.
No, the One Hope idea is lame. And I'm not sure I like the idea of everyone in the world watching the fight, that's TOO epic for .hack's scope.
"I...I have lived...Mother knew that one day, I would go out of control...not knowing what my true purpose as a living, feeling being was until I knew...knew what it was like to watch others sacrifice for their friends, their loved ones, even their enemies...Tokio...Kite...Haseo...all of you have changed and evolved as I have. Y-You...I envy you...all."
Nah. She can come up with something much better. Here, lemme take a crack at it.

"AI...Artificial Life...my father created me to live, to be the embodiment of his hope. To see where AI would lead...what future awaited. With my arrival was a bright future, a new Dawn that broke through the God of Night's tyranny. But as my golden age waned, I had to seal myself away...for the bright future of mankind. But all life must end, no matter it's form. My mother tried to run from that fact, and I tried as well...I suppose I'm more like her than I imagined. Mother, I now understand. But Kite...Haseo...Tokio...S-shugo...I watched everyone from a distance, but I felt their hearts. Life is so beautiful...so grand...because there must be an end to it. Shugo...I'm so sorry...I promised you a world with no ending. I promised everyone a golden future. But ever Day must end. Night must come again. But because I knew you...and Tsukasa...and everyone...my life had meaning, despite how brief. I won't run from it. I only wish I had lived closer to the humans."
The three say nothing, even as Tokio wants to say something to the girl he once knew only as a rumor.
Everyone watches, Kite loses his wits and tries to scream for Aura to hang on, upset that the life he fought to protect is ending. "I watched you be born not even ten years ago! Aura! AURA!" Haseo holds him back. "Kite, don't. She chose this, so she wouldn't be like Morganna." Tokio steps forward, and takes Aura's hand. "Every day must end, but so must every night. Some guy once said that life is like a show, and everyone a player, or something. Well, the show must go on!" A flash of light, and the credits roll during a snowfall. We see a cut of the snow-covered forest, floating teddy-bear, but instead of a bed, we see a cradle, and we hear a baby's crying...

However, while I'm willing to work with the idea, I don't think it's really appropriate to have Aura be in any antagonist role. She's God; the Hope of the World. With wisdom beyond humans, and empathy and kindness that wasn't programmed. Her going to sleep was a metaphorical type of suicide, so even if she was dying, she would probably accept it with grace and humility instead of struggling to live.

Perhaps Tokio is that Ultimate AI prototype from my one theory, like I've posited before, and everything is one big test to develop Tokio into a proper heir, and then he meets Aura, she's all "lol you must defeat me to prove you deserve it. Fight me with your heart." And when you beat her, she's all "lol I can only die if someone stronger than me does it, I wanted to die thx protect the world for me. Brb." then she disintegrates. Tokio mourns her as he becomes the new Ultimate AI, then he gets an e-mail from Helba. "I found something quite interesting in Net Slum...Here's her member address..."

And then you get an amnesiac, fragmented Aura as a party member with none of her powers, reincarnated as an ordinary player Mia-style.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Wow, such a story. Put this in the fan-fic section and we'll have a nice story to roll with.
Wait.... this means.... AT should take over the .Hack franchise!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wait.... this means.... AT should take over the .Hack franchise!
I've been saying this for years.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

If you took over the .hack franchise, how it would end persay? Would you make Tenrawr more important in the overall storyline?
To me, he's the Mia of G.U.XD
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I would've made Tenrawr atleast playable. In one heartbreaking roleplay, the group didn't save Atoli in time, so Tenrawr had to permanently bear her Epitaph and the guilt of her death, which allowed Sakaki to take advantage of him. Then he and Haseo got gay together.

But I probably wouldn't do that in actual canon. It's fine as it is and killing off Atoli was heartbreaking. As for how I'd end it? I'd probably end it at Returner. Maybe make a comical R2 counterpart to Udeden. You know, a good one, unlike that GnU crap, and have it take place post-Returner where the benevolent AIDA perform wacky Aura-esque hijinks. I'd probably have rewritten a few things, like having the Infinity Eight bring back Ovan/defeat Cubia by releasing the Epitaphs and forming a new Ultimate AI with them. Prolly Aina, whom in my pet theories was an incomplete Ultimate AI born from the RA Plan.

Link would not exist in any form.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Y'know, Haseo/Sirius sounds a lot more appealing than Haseo/Endrance...though Haseo and En-sama are comical.
Mel

Post by Mel »

|<!73 wrote:The World R:X was sold through a lottery announced on CC Corps site, so the players should be random.
Recall the Legend of Twilight anime: Aura made a competition and Shugo and Rena were chosen; not randomly. So if the World:RX was on a lottery, the characters chosen shouldn't be random themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong :shock:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Right. Rule Eighty-Seven of Fiction: Lotteries are always fraudulent or guided by fate.
Altre

Post by Altre »

The story would have been more interesting if it were random. Like HEAVY becoming the winner of the character model in LOTT with NOVA as his female companion. The story would have been longer too due to HEAVY having that damned laggy comp.
Other Self

Post by Other Self »

Altre wrote:The story would have been more interesting if it were random. Like HEAVY becoming the winner of the character in LOTT with NOVA as his female companion. The story would have been longer too due to HEAVY having that damned laggy comp.
lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Heavy's a she! But yeah, they need to bring back Heavy...
Other Self

Post by Other Self »

Kuukai wrote:Heavy's a she! But yeah, they need to bring back Heavy...
true
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Other Self, please don't make one word posts. Add a little more thought into it. It's too much like spam if it's so monosyllabic.

But, it would be interesting if they brought back not just main .hack characters, but some of the minor PCs as well. Heavy would definitely be a candidate.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

But, it would be interesting if they brought back not just main .hack characters, but some of the minor PCs as well. Heavy would definitely be a candidate.
H
E
N
A
K
O

Enough said.
...Well, NOVA as it was mentioned already, along with Ninjato, should be there as well.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Ohh, Henako wouldn't be a candidate, she'd be a requirement.