Tri-edge, is BACK?!

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Tri-edge, is BACK?!

Post by TheSorrow »

That area is Hidden Forbidden Battlefield and it does heavily look like it, except that it's no longer "at night", but the pillars and everything are still there; it's a Lost Ground, not a random field. And what i meant is, since it's in a Lost Ground and Lost Grounds have pretty much remained the same over time through all The World versions (like Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground), any changes done in them would also remain in the other versions if the same blackbox is used, and so, since that Sign was able enough to change it, that change will remain until there's another heavy change on it that overrids it.

I'm thinking more right now than Ovan's AIDA and all will be nothing but an illusion; not an "AIDA illusion", but an illusion overall, a fragment of his memories of being Tri-Edge that, thanks to R:X allowing memories to become truth or something like that, he's able to use his powers as Tri-Edge to an extent, maybe including Signs and all. I don't think AIDA<Tri-Edge> is back completely, because if it is, then it means he can once again leave in comas and spread AIDA throughout The World, and if such thing happens then we'd be playing GU all over again. I think the same could be said if the Phases are back as enemies controlled by Morganna...we'd be playing IMOQ again unless they're illusions that have the same powers and abilities but don't affect The World and it's surroundings the same way as originally.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Although the game has much in common with the manga .hack//LINK Twilight Knights, CyberConnect2 President Hiroshi Matsuyama has stated that it tells a completely different story

I know that already. XD. Things in Common! But different story. That still doesn't rule out the Memory thing. Now does it?.

What is there to Fix. I like .hack//Link Twilight Knights's story. But I can get why You don't want the same story. If it was it would be the Ultimate Ninja Effect.......Same Story every time won't move past Save sasuke Arc into Shippuden Just improved game play and different characters (atleast for the longest time.)
Don't get me wrong though I Love the Ultimate ninja Series!
TheSorrow wrote:I'm thinking more right now than Ovan's AIDA and all will be nothing but an illusion
possibly....But I still hope Ovan is a useable character! I want to use Ovan in my Party for once!
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

This is probably their plan. Battling Schicksal in Past .hack// events ranging from IMOG to G.U.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Maybe.....But then whats the point of R:X? I also hope its a free-roaming game like all the other .hack//'s. So I can continue fighting after the story. Leveling up is usually a big thing in .hack// games. Also I want to get all that useable characters to their maxium levels! Like I did in all the other games. Boo ya!.

By the way Tri-Edge! Awesome Pic. Thats what I thought too, when I seen Haseo and Tokio doing that.
Twilight_Knight

Post by Twilight_Knight »

What if AIDA was able to affect the black box?
Thus the sign in the Lost Grounds would stay there? So it may not be a new sign, but the same one from G.U.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

This is probably their plan. Battling Schicksal in Past .hack// events ranging from IMOG to G.U.
Yeah, i thought of a theory like that, except it involved a little more like "going to the past" and altering stuff. That would bring ALOT of questions demanding a very good answer though, so i think that maybe the events from the old games/series will be there, but mostly like illusions or some kind of "flashbacks" from The World...so, you don't get to fight Skeith directly, but only The World's memories of that Skeith, messed around thanks to the chrono cores and all.
So I can continue fighting after the story.
I think that's like a must to be in the .Hack games. I'm pretty sure there will be quests or something to do after ending the main story, and after that, you can do whatever you wish with the game, even complete items and monsters lists, just like in the other games.
The World would be destroyed and eaten away if it was a hostile AIDA. AIDA doesn't really has to affect the black box directly in order to modify the Lost Grounds's looks, it just needs to have the enough power and potential to inflict a permanent damage of one of the black box's creations even if it's minor, and Signs aren't much than graphical changes that can be used for transport.
Twilight_Knight

Post by Twilight_Knight »

TheSorrow wrote:
The World would be destroyed and eaten away if it was a hostile AIDA. AIDA doesn't really has to affect the black box directly in order to modify the Lost Grounds's looks, it just needs to have the enough power and potential to inflict a permanent damage of one of the black box's creations even if it's minor, and Signs aren't much than graphical changes that can be used for transport.

That makes sense. But I also doubt AIDA<Tri-Edge> is back, at least not really. It's probably a memory, similar to what everyone's saying about the Phases and Tsukasa's Guardian.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Altering the Akashic Records isn't limited to just a single effect, its changes things other than those holding the Chrono Cores. Though what everyone else is saying is also accurate. The Memory of Lake might have something to do with it, however its unknown what it is.
Spin

Post by Spin »

"Although the game has much in common with the manga .hack//LINK Twilight Knights, CyberConnect2 President Hiroshi Matsuyama has stated that it tells a completely different story..."

This was taken from the front page of this very website.

I think it's fair to say that basing your theories off the story in the manga is not going to lead to very accurate predictions.

The only way the whole "The characters are memories created by Za Warudo itself" theory can legitimately gain plausibility is if we can confirm two characters played by the same person (Haseo and Sora, Elk and Endrance, etc.) exist within the game at the same time. If anyone has a screenshot or what ever that can prove this, I apologize in advanced for not seeing it prior.

The whole Ovan having Tri-Edge again could be explained by lots of things. Some Omni-present force (Aura perhaps?) might have given him his special ability back without any negative side effects. Although, I am interested as to why Elk choose to come back as Elk, not Endrance. Once again, if I have missed the fact that Endrance is back too, please feel free to correct me.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I am not sure about memories that are projected from The World. Its not in the manga and it was something for a bonus chapter including in trilogy new world guide. However, the twilight guardian is something that should be noted. Even though the story is different it is also said to have much in common. Its a slim balance between figuring out the concepts of either story and what the similarities and differences between them are. An example is that Kite is still frozen by Fluegel.

Elk is using a new avatar, there are rings around his fingers and the ends of his sleeves have a different appearance than his previous characters. There are also a few more returning characters shown in the scene with Kite and Tokio, however the image is gray and its hard to tell who it is.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I am not sure about memories that are projected from The World. Its not in the manga and it was something for a bonus chapter including in trilogy new world guide.
Though Za Warudo projecting it's memories has existence since...oh, AI Buster. It's always been a property of the game even if you don't consider Twilight Knights and Trilogy New World.
Elk is using a new avatar, there are rings around his fingers and the ends of his sleeves have a different appearance than his previous characters.
Doesn't really mean anything, could just be art direction. Or the hypothetical AI self has a different look just cause.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Alot of Intresting Theroies. I don't think that it is going to be memories that you play!
Because Kite and Haseo and Tsukasa are all in a group at one time. Plus playing memories.... Ehhhhhhh.... Its going to be a brand new game so probly differen't story. Probly have references to past events But not a whole game based on memories playing events over again but on a new game.........Also not same STORY! that doesn't mean they won't use similar ideas and things from the manga. The way the Story progresses be different but not necessarly on what the Story is and whats going on in it. (not sure if im getting what im trying to explain, across clear enough). So are Predictions might not be so far off anyways.

But in these types of sitiuations it is really hard to predict on what is going to happen lol. But its still a fun subject.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, honestly, i think it's hard to make theories involving how the game will have a different story from the manga, because...well, does anybody here even knows how the story develops after chapter 5 or so? D:
LINK manga is more of an introduction than anything, and we know that Tokio did meet Saika, was somehow dragged inside The World directly because of her and her wierd disk, and Kite became frozen, and then he later fights Trommel and that's where things could change in the game, but that's all we know, and if anybody knows more about what happens then i would really like him/her to share about it so we can actually figure out LINK manga's story and make theories about what changes the game could bring. And no, mere random scans about Haseo and Alkaid won't be much helpful.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

I......*Takes deep breath*...WANT *takes another deep breath*..GAME! XD

DOT HACK RULES! Anyone know if there is a japanese release date yet?....... So I can make guesses of when it will come out here lol.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

To the post above, you are basically saying that since this is a new story the game probably won't involve playing as memories and the actual characters are there. You also state the game won't necessary follow as many rules as the manga. Predictions at this point are a little hard, but they are still fun?

The new appearance means a lot more than credited. The theory about The World is that it store preexisting data from the game then brings it back up to the surface. People have misused this theory when its applied to a new avatar. The idea is that the avatar existed in The World prior to its creation, the design and everything else. The point on memory is that its something remembered in a historical sense. Though it is possible for those avatar to have come in an unseen point, or for new appearance to be applied later on all new designs are things only added by the players themselves or external forces. Anything less and the theory falls apart because its suppose to go with what was actually there. Also when I was talking about projection I was thinking full produced object capable of interacting with their surrounding. I am talking about stuff like BlackRose walking up to the new Kite telling him not to stare, Kite turning in confusion and she kicking him in the shin which is something she never did in the past. A little strange but I hope I got my point through.

As for the story in the manga there are two parts. In part one the bind on Tsukasa's memories are removed when Tokio links with his thoughts. The control Trommel has over the area is also removed. Tokio is able to use this chance and copy Tsukasa's ability to summon the guardian and pierce Trommel. Tokio losses his memory afterward. However, Trommel is able to recover, but before he gets any further Geist appears and kills him. Schicksal is watching as Geist pulls an unexpected Coup De Grace. Even Cello can't believe it. The entire group is watching with a WTF moment on their face. Geist says something to Tokio and then leaves. Tokio rushes over to help Tsukasa. Subaru arrives on the scene. Tsukasa and Subaru have a deep moment. Subaru gives Tsukasa a feather a broach expressing mutual affection. Tsukasa's PC have also changed. While Metronone is messing shocked because she has an unknown date on tracking Tsukasa's PC. Tsukasa decided to travel with Tokio.

In part two both of them arrive in Lumina Cross. However, Tsukasa sees Azure Flame Kite and goes off on his own. He follows him to an alley and is blasted. Meanwhile Tokio is exploring the town when a group of players start messing with him. Haseo interferes with their actions and stops them. There is a moment where Haseo remembers what happened to Shino. He has already lost his memories. Geist takes an interest in the situation and plans the meeting between the two. Haseo is later shown a false vision, he misinterprets it and eventually believes Tokio is the one who killed Shino, burning a hatred for him. Afterward Alkaid appears in the story. She has lost her memory and become a solo player. When Schichsal reorganized The World's history within the Akashic Records both Haseo and Alkaid loose their memories as a result. The Chrono Cores are data used to perfectly control those records. Alkaid enters the tournament alone and becomes the champion. She is awarded as the first player to participate and win without a party for that Arena. Geist continues to manipulate the situation. During the announcement for Alkaid as the new champion Haseo interferes and challenges her to a fight. Since both lost their memories this is becomes their first meeting. Geist has remodeled and reinforced Haseo. He is now level 200, outside the specifications of The World. In their fight Alkaid discovers that his modification is extended beyond just his level. Alkaid is then defeated and falls to the effect of the claw on Haseo's right arm. Saika interrupts the match with her own avatar. Saika finds it impossible to remove the Chrono Core and is defeated. Meanwhile Geist using the opportunity to turn Alkaid into a puppet and remodels and strengthen her PC as well. At that time Alkaid faintly remembers her feelings for Haseo prior to their memories being erased. This situation becomes the worst case scenario.

Phew, that is around all of it, there is more information however I haven't finished gathering it. For the game there is no release date set as of yet and Famitsu reported it as 50% done so it could be a while. However the manga has set an announcement and set for release on March 26, 2009.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

To the post above, you are basically saying that since this is a new story the game probably won't involve playing as memories and the actual characters are there. You also state the game won't necessary follow as many rules as the manga. Predictions at this point are a little hard, but they are still fun?
Similar to what you are saying. Playing memories is a possible!, Just...it wouldn't make sense at times in certain situtations. but it would still be awesome to play, also what I mean by Predictions are hard to make in this kinda game, is the fact that this game does something intresting. Throwing in characters from all over the series, and alot of them are from different time's. But alot of the characters would still be a live in the .hack// universe. So it is possible for alot of them to return physically to the game, and what I mean by predictions being fun is.....Well its fun to share ideas, isn't it? and gather other peoples opinions and ideas If it wasn't intresting and fun. Why do it?. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea. Bascially same idea by sharing them. You're taking action.
You also state the game won't necessary follow as many rules as the manga
Now this....It is clear to me, that I did not get what I mean across clear enough. Also YOU changed my words but kept in text with kinda what I meant. Lets see........ What I mean is The Story progression might be differen't but bascially the same Idea!.... Like IMOQ...and then .hack//XXXX. Same basic idea, but as the story goes its different but the same (Read it if you haven't and then you'll see what I mean). Example: In the games, there was No such thing as a player character called Cubia. But he did exist and was a big part of story. In .hack//XXXX he was a bigger part and fought along with Kite for his own intentions and was only really the only one that fought with him, Plus thanks to Cubia the manga progessed at a fast pace. (and the sad part Blackrose wasn't shown enough XD).

.hack//Link for the PSP might go the same. They might Have the Clock idea..... but on how the story in general, progresses might be different from the manga. and we know Schicksal is in it. I did not mean to make it seem like I completely dismissed the idea of the Memories being in the game. Cause of the Clock tower that is a possible and that might be what caused the Idea of Playing memories in the First place.

But in General what Im trying to say is.... Same bases, Different Story.

Good morning, Kite.
Your courage is needed again.

Good morning, Haseo.
Start your journey once more.
Your fury is needed again.

Good morning, Tokio.

Your story is finally about to begin.
It's okay if you still don't understand.
But, it seems like "they" have already set out?

You too, start here.
Now is the time that your power is needed.

Also if this Hidden Poem appiles to the game as well, it makes it seem, like all of them
exist in the game at once.

Whoa Just realized we are starting to get away from the Topic. Tri-Edge! Go Ovan! Whooo hooo. Ovan has to return some time. Atleast they kinda hinted that.