Tri-edge, is BACK?!

_Tri-edge_

Tri-edge, is BACK?!

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Okay, this caught my attention when a member on here posted an image.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... -Tokio.jpg

That's clearly Theta: Hidden Forbidden Battlefield, with the Tri-edge symbol still there!
Also, I zoomed in on Ovan's picture from Link. His left shoulder was left bare and black,
just like when he was infected with AIDA.
Could it be, that AIDA<Tri-edge> is back inside Ovan's barrel, due to the chrono cores?
Akasu

Re: Tri-edge, is BACK?!

Post by Akasu »

WTF?! This proves that Tokio's dreaming. Why would the Tri-edge symbol from R:2 be in R:X? :shock:
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...Damn, i was too busy focusing my attention on Mistral to see if it was really her that i completely ignored the HUGE sign ._.'
Well, that maybe just mean that the sign was never removed from the Lost Ground (even though the Lost Ground has changed...at least going from night to day and i think the whale-thingy is part of that Lost Ground), but it's true that Ovan has the lock thing again...so, i don't know XP It's possible, but if it's true, then that would lead to alot of questions, such like why the Chrono Cores made it return, if it's really the AIDA or just a "renmant" of it's powers, and if it's really AIDA then what are the chances of giving out AIDA seeds and creating more AIDA. There's also the thing concerning avatars, since we've seen Avatar Space but also a non-Avatar Skeith. Alot of questions are rising now.
shadow of skeith

Post by shadow of skeith »

Link just got a hell of a lot more interesting.
RyougaZell

Post by RyougaZell »

LOL... I made the screenshot and didn't notice the SIGN... I was focused on getting a good shot of Mistral's profile in the corner since she is way back...
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Awesome Tri-Edge is back!!!!.

Also if it sticks to the bases of the Manga than you'll understand why Ovan is Tri-Edge again.
Tsukasa thinks shes a boy again and is all Mean and a loner.

It has to do with this huge clock tower thing. Read .hack//link manga here. But be Sure to Buy it when it comes out!

No illegal intellectual property linking or "hinting" (MP3s, ANY illegal .hack media (you will be humiliated if you link to illegal .hack media), copyrighted media, etc).
Last edited by Erroneous on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No illegal intellectual property linking or "hinting" (MP3s, ANY illegal .hack media (you will be humiliated if you link to illegal .hack media), copyrighted media, etc).
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Also if it sticks to the bases of the Manga than you'll understand why Ovan is Tri-Edge again.
Tsukasa thinks shes a boy again and is all Mean and a loner.
But there's a difference between thinking you're back at the way you were before and ACTUALLY being back with EVERYTHING you had back then. It's not like Shino was actually in a coma when Haseo thought she was and was chasing Tokio or whatever. Sure, Tsukasa's Guardian was also back for some reason, but there's alot more complexity between a monster originally coming from The World and friggin AIDA.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Signs remained even after Ovan's Rebirth, so they could just have been made a permanent, irremovable part of Za Warudo, you guys.
Could it be, that AIDA<Tri-edge> is back inside Ovan's barrel, due to the chrono cores?
If Tsukasa can have his Guardian back.
such like why the Chrono Cores made it return
The Chrono Cores revert your memories, and the affect person alters Za Warudo's reality with it. Tsukasa can summon a Guardian not because he got a new one, but because according to his memories, he still has one. I'm sure it's the same with Ovan.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I'm sure it's the same with Ovan.
Even if <Tri-Edge> never became a part of The World? I don't think AIDA<Tri-Edge> as it was is back, at most it's just a memory from Ovan of when he had him and he can use the powers to an extent, but it's not like he'll be able to spread more AIDA and leave people in comas again. Else, we'll be friggin playing GU all over again.

And with this, it now sounds like R:X is some world of "What you believe is what you see", closer to a dream than to a reality.
Ren_Geki

Post by Ren_Geki »

Either way, we won't find out unless the barrel opens again.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I see no reason it isn't the Sign from before. The pillars Yata made are still there, right?
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

Kuukai wrote:I see no reason it isn't the Sign from before. The pillars Yata made are still there, right?
Yeah, but Yata's nowhere to be seen at the moment. The reason this raises questions is because Ovan's back with the barrel, so it could point out that Tri-edge could be back inside.

Plus the signs were made in the R:2 version of The World. Why would something like the Tri-edge sign be back in a completely new version?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Plus the signs were made in the R:2 version of The World. Why would something like the Tri-edge sign be back in a completely new version?
Well, that could be possible if this R:X uses the same blackbox as R:2, and that sign was made in a Lost Ground, not just a random field. It could be possible that because of how special the Lost Grounds are and how the sign was able to affect them, that the signs are now part of it pretty much.
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

If that's the case, then all of the lost grounds coming back are gonna have signs in them?
Game_Slave

Post by Game_Slave »

I just thought about this. If the barrel was made by Corebenik in G.U., and the barrel is back, does that mean that Epitaph Corebenik is back as well. I mean, we saw Macha.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

If that's the case, then all of the lost grounds coming back are gonna have signs in them?
Yes, unless they go through a serious change that at least makes the sign be blocked by some object.
I just thought about this. If the barrel was made by Corebenik in G.U., and the barrel is back, does that mean that Epitaph Corebenik is back as well. I mean, we saw Macha.
We've also seen Skeith, but as a Phase, not an Epitaph, and there are too those Avatar Space-like attacks which seem to be the characters' special attacks. I'm not sure if Epitaphs will be back, but it could be that, thanks to this whole memories thing, they can use their Avatar's power and somehow summon them. If that's the case though, then it means that Ovan has the AIDA<Tri-Edge> but only as a memory of it, and it's not a real AIDA at all.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The lock is different from before, so I think its something new. As for the lost ground it's already been stated a few times, but the sign probably stayed the same way it did in R:2. I was also thinking about the AIDA in Returner but, right now since we have no idea what is under the lock it could be anything.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Whoops didn't know that Link wasn't allowed Sorry. (I don't see how it matters >>....People will still buy it when it comes out. IF their true fans. Not to mention if people wanted to read it they'll find it, either way Buuuuut I get the rules.)

Well anyways Tsukasa thinks shes a Boy again.
Cause shes actually a Girl but she doesn't know that! because her Player character is a Boy (By the way sorry for stateing the obvious) and she has no memory of her real self cause she trapped in "The World". So she only know what she is in "The World"

I think might possibly be the same for Ovan. The memory reverting thing. With that clock that messes with time. But that depend on how close they stick to the Manga's Story line.

What does this mean?!? I can't be humiliated. Im to tolerate people try and people fail they end up being the fools. AS for the link not being allowed AGAIN I am Sorry. Also making up things to humiliated me just makes them the ones that get humiliated! Public humiliation doesn't scare nor bother me.
"No illegal intellectual property linking or "hinting" (MP3s, ANY illegal .hack media (you will be humiliated if you link to illegal .hack media), copyrighted media, etc)."
Zered

Post by Zered »

Maakasu wrote: I think might possibly be the same for Ovan. The memory reverting thing. With that clock that messes with time. But that depend on how close they stick to the Manga's Story line.
Although the game has much in common with the manga .hack//LINK Twilight Knights, CyberConnect2 President Hiroshi Matsuyama has stated that it tells a completely different story
Hopefully the only thing thats in common with the manga is the characters.
A "completely different story" is whats needed to fix LINK, and hopefully end the series decently.
Hell, even an alternate telling of the LINK story would be better than if it was the same thing.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

TheSorrow wrote:and that sign was made in a Lost Ground, not just a random field.
(I may be misunderstanding what you've said, if so I apologize in advance)That picture does look like a random field to me, also we did see signs in random fields, we even saw one get made in Roots ( in a very strange way by comparison to GU) on a random field.

Signs remained in all areas after the end of G.U. so either they're still there in R:X or they were eliminated over time or in the new version, and are being made again. It looks like Ovan may have AIDA yet again, I'd be angrier but there's a lot of things returning at this point that and I'm kind of numb to this by now. I only hope that he's not trying to save Aina again, if so I hope they do something different like make her an illusion created by AIDA, similar to Mia (AIDA) or something.

Edit: Looking closer I do see it looks like the lost ground battle field during day.
Last edited by Gemcrim on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.