Battle System.

_Tri-edge_

Battle System.

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

So, is there any information regaurding to the battle system of "The World R:X" in //LINK? Will they bring back "Ren-geki's" and "Skill Triggers" or follow a combination of both systems from R:1 and R:2, plus new features of R:X?
|<!73

Re: Battle System.

Post by |<!73 »

Rengeki is in the game, though I'm not sure it is the exact same as G.U.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

well i didn't an y battle fence in the scans you posted
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Huh? There don't appear to be any fences, like the first game, if you look on the right side of the battle shots you can see the word Rengeki with a number by it. Its on the first and third page.
.xTokiox.

Post by .xTokiox. »

They also said it would be a little action heavy than previous installments.
if you look on the right side of the battle shots you can see the word Rengeki with a number by it. Its on the first and third page.
A number? Looked like an "X" to me. So Rengeki's are gonna be options on a controller rather than action's inside the game's mechanics, like G.U.?
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The number is to the right of the Rengeki as well as a small triangle. To the left of the word is an X in the same font as Rengeki. The only change between those two shots looks like the number. As for how that is done who knows? Haseo is in the party for both shots though. HP and SP are done in percentages.
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

When I saw the pages, I did a little analysis on it. Here it is:

From what I see in the stats department, instead of raising HP & MP, the hp & mp bar is more percentage than actual, could this mean easier hp & mp mantainence(sp?)? From what i can see button mashing is (and always has been)of importance, maybe the gameplay is the same as GU's? Though, I can see that unlike GU the battle ground is unlimited like IMOQ's.

And that is it.
Kerath

Post by Kerath »

Riouki_Myssaki wrote:When I saw the pages, I did a little analysis on it. Here it is:

From what I see in the stats department, instead of raising HP & MP, the hp & mp bar is more percentage than actual, could this mean easier hp & mp mantainence(sp?)? From what i can see button mashing is (and always has been)of importance, maybe the gameplay is the same as GU's? Though, I can see that unlike GU the battle ground is unlimited like IMOQ's.

And that is it.
I hope the combo's are a little more complex than G.U. IE "Hit X button 5 times to do a combo!" I'd like to see combos utilize different buttons.
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Kerath wrote:
Riouki_Myssaki wrote:When I saw the pages, I did a little analysis on it. Here it is:

And that is it.
I hope the combo's are a little more complex than G.U. IE "Hit X button 5 times to do a combo!" I'd like to see combos utilize different buttons.
I agree I hope the battle system becomes a little diverse in a way that if there is a multiplayer option everbody wont fight the same but have different techniques. I hope that didnt sound to elaborate because I didnt mean anything complex just variety.
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

yeah, the previous games were basicly a "press X to win the game" kind, I sure hope it's more diverse. Hopefully it'll be a "Press X, but watch out! Press O, PRESS O IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! O NO THEY'RE COMING AT YOU! RUN!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!111!!!one!!!! Now press L2 if you want to live! Oh noez, you died :3"
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I can't wait to see what the new combat system will be like. Since you can only have one other character in your party at a time, what do you think they will do with that? Some form of tag team combos or something?
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

that could probably be, in the scans you do see Tokio & Haseo doing some sort of an attack together on an enemy
SINSTAR

Post by SINSTAR »

TheEnigma wrote:I can't wait to see what the new combat system will be like. Since you can only have one other character in your party at a time, what do you think they will do with that? Some form of tag team combos or something?
Whoa wait, you can only have one other member in your party??? That's just...I don't know... .hack// has always been three members so I guess it's just kind of hard to imagine what that'd be like lol. You might be right though I can kinda see a tag-team battle system thing going for that. Hmm... I can't wait to play it even more now. =]
Zered

Post by Zered »

SINSTAR wrote:
TheEnigma wrote:I can't wait to see what the new combat system will be like. Since you can only have one other character in your party at a time, what do you think they will do with that? Some form of tag team combos or something?
Whoa wait, you can only have one other member in your party??? That's just...I don't know... .hack// has always been three members so I guess it's just kind of hard to imagine what that'd be like lol. You might be right though I can kinda see a tag-team battle system thing going for that. Hmm... I can't wait to play it even more now. =]
In some pics there has been some tag-team type attacks seen(Mimiru throwing Tokio at the enemy being one of them).
I dont know if every party member will have a combo attack, but it would nice if they all did. *imagines what Tokio + Alberio would be*
Azure Ace

Post by Azure Ace »

Riouki_Myssaki wrote:yeah, the previous games were basicly a "press X to win the game" kind, I sure hope it's more diverse. Hopefully it'll be a "Press X, but watch out! Press O, PRESS O IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! O NO THEY'RE COMING AT YOU! RUN!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!111!!!one!!!! Now press L2 if you want to live! Oh noez, you died :3"
That is the smartest thing I have ever heard. Seriously, It's a great idea, but do mean you hope it will be like those games where you have to press a certain button or your character dies for certain (like in Sonic Unleashed and those Trap Boxes from GU ~IF THE TRAP BOXES COULD ONE-HIT KO YOU!~) or do you mean that those kinds of buttons would help reach maximum combo efficiency? I'm hoping it's the second. Also, it's for the PSP, WHICH DOESN'T HAVE AN L2 BUTTON! Sorry, just being annoying...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Whoa wait, you can only have one other member in your party??? That's just...I don't know... .hack// has always been three members so I guess it's just kind of hard to imagine what that'd be like lol.
In both IMOQ and G.U., I'm sure most players went into actions with just two people or by themselves. I did. Sure, it won't be as exciting as having three members, but it's fine.
yeah, the previous games were basicly a "press X to win the game" kind, I sure hope it's more diverse. Hopefully it'll be a "Press X, but watch out! Press O, PRESS O IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! O NO THEY'RE COMING AT YOU! RUN!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!111!!!one!!!! Now press L2 if you want to live! Oh noez, you died :3"
I'm pretty sure X will be the basic attack button, like it has been for the past eight games.
Pic0o

Post by Pic0o »

Simple Aye to the addition of another attack button. 'O' to block would be cool, since blocking would enhance the battle mechanics quite a bit. Once could get fancy and make 'Hold 'O'' trigger a counter or something, but I am prolly diving into super fantasy there. :p

Oh, I don't remember 'O' to block, I guess that is why it sounded familiar. Damn. :o
Last edited by Pic0o on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

'O' to block would be cool, since blocking would enhance the battle mechanics quite a bit.
They already had that in G.U.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

All i ask for is alot more than just "Press X to attack, press another button for a Skill". The game needs combos and skill-combos, and by that i don't mean just pressing or holding X and see your character do all on it's own. Having both Square and X to use different attacks would solve that pretty well, with combos of the kind like "Square+X+X" or "Square+X-Left+Square", and since it seems like Tokio will at least use 2 different kind of weapons at once (something similar to Kite's blade and his own sword), a button for each weapon would fit well, and if one of them could be changed then it would be WONDERFUL, as there would be very different combos with each kind of weapon. I know this sounds alot like God of War and Devil May Cry, but i would LOVE to see that in .Hack XD
And to extend this even more, combos together with your team members would be awesome too, like for example, you with Tokio pressing "Square+Square+X", prompting a button to interact with, let's say, Haseo, and when you press that button Tokio and Haseo will do a special attack and possibly even ask you again for some button input. And now this sounds like Dissidia, but meh XD
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Not bad, TheSorrow. You mean .hack// needs combo attacks such as multiple buttons presses to either A.) Perform a specific skill, or B). Do a specific attack. Sounds reasonable. I hope we see something of that sort in the battle system, perhaps CC2 should add in the button mash, animation mechanic, like the ones we see in Star Wars the Force Unleashed or God of War(PSP).