Weapon and Character classes.

Akasu

Weapon and Character classes.

Post by Akasu »

So, is there any information regaurding to the character classes of //LINK? It's obvious that Twin blade is one, since Kite, Haseo, and Azure Kite are seen. If so, what class will Tokio be?
eaglesiegle

Re: Weapon and Character classes.

Post by eaglesiegle »

I hope you can choose your class in this one
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, it seems like all classes from GU will be back, maybe except for Adept Rogue (haven't seen Haseo use another weapon yet), but we have Harvest Cleric, Steam Gunner, Tribal Grappler, Lord Partizan and Edge Punisher. Subaru seems to remain as a Heavy Axemen(girl?). Twin Blade and Blademaster/Blade Brandier remain untouched as it's been since IMOQ, and it seems like Tokio will be under this class this time, due to his single sword. Also, there seems like it'll be a "Gunner" class this time, as we can see from Fluegel, and some kind of "Heavy Gunner", like Saika and Orgel. Also, Orgel seems to have both a small gun and a heavy barrel thingy, so maybe that class allows you to use any kind of guns, or it could be that, since Schicksal's characters are somehow hacked or something, he can use different weapon classes at the same time.

If there's a multiplayer option, i'm sure you'll be able to choose your own class, or at least choose a different character. I don't think you and everyone else will be playing as Tokio at the same time :P
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

What about Flick Reaper?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Nothing about it yet, but if Zelkova comes back, then he'll definetly come as a Flick Reaper and most likely with the same looks as in GU. Same with Shadow Warlock, if Sakubo (and possibly Gaspard) comes back, though if Yata doesn't comes back as Yata, then i think there won't be any Dance Macaber :/ Not like it would be missed anyhow
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

TheSorrow wrote:Nothing about it yet, but if Zelkova comes back, then he'll definetly come as a Flick Reaper and most likely with the same looks as in GU. Same with Shadow Warlock, if Sakubo (and possibly Gaspard) comes back, though if Yata doesn't comes back as Yata, then i think there won't be any Dance Macaber :/ Not like it would be missed anyhow
Agreed.^^
Kerath

Post by Kerath »

I'm just wondering what classes all the returning characters with R:1 classes would have... Like would Tsukasa be a harvest cleric?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Tsukasa is still a Wavemaster, so it seems all the classes are coming back.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:Tsukasa is still a Wavemaster, so it seems all the classes are coming back.
Hell yea. The only question is....what classes will be playable.
Mizu

Post by Mizu »

I think they will finally bring back the Wavemaster class, no clerics and warlocks..............

Also it looks like Tokio could be a kind of Multi-Weapon user, in the pictures you can see him wielding to different weapons(twin swords and his long sword)
you can see them in the picture with Saika on it....i really hope we can choose his weapons, i want to be a wavemaster.......
Kerath

Post by Kerath »

Mizu wrote:I think they will finally bring back the Wavemaster class, no clerics and warlocks..............

Also it looks like Tokio could be a kind of Multi-Weapon user, in the pictures you can see him wielding to different weapons(twin swords and his long sword)
you can see them in the picture with Saika on it....i really hope we can choose his weapons, i want to be a wavemaster.......
Perhaps because Tokio is physically in the game, he has no limits on his class?
S. [Burned] Y.

Post by S. [Burned] Y. »

Yeah, okay, but if you think of it that way then he shouldn't be able to do a lot of things he's doing. No party, no holding items, and no holding weapons/etc. He maybe be actually in the game, but even he has to have something to identify limits.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I stand by my idea that Tokio is an AI with false memories.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Tokio can use the Chaos Gate. He has also punched a monster with his fist and received a feather from Subaru. The feature was probably stored in his bag, however he is able to partially use the system. It doesn't look like Tokio can level up though, and he has no SP.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

|<!73 wrote:He has also punched a monster with his fist
What a huge accomplishment :P lol
I wonder if he somehow "awoke" his character or something later, because at least in the current game scans we can clearly see a SP bar and i don't think that Tokio remains at lv1.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Most likely, since Tokio seems to have a buttload of powers he doesn't know how to use yet.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Kite held up the sword he received from Bear in Outbreak. I think the same applies to Tokio. In addition there is Saika monitoring him. However since the game and manga have the same base but different stories its hard to know what information to go with.
Last edited by |<!73 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

|<!73 wrote:Tokio can use the Chaos Gate. He has also punched a monster with his fist and received a feather from Subaru. The feature was probably stored in his bag, however he is able to partially use the system. It doesn't look like Tokio can level up though, and he has no SP.
You are right, but this has only happened in the manga and the creators said the story (probably the system too) of this game won't be the same one presented in the manga (thank you). Thus, we can only consider the images that are being shown in hack link's website.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

*Points to the post above you* The timing between them is pretty close. I think Tokio's weapon has something to do with the dual thing. It has a similar design so I was thinking it originated from that somehow.
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

|<!73 wrote:*Points to the post above you* The timing between them is pretty close. I think Tokio's weapon has something to do with the dual thing. It has a similar design so I was thinking it originated from that somehow.
So you think Tokio's basic weapon can change forms? If so, I hope it turns into a black and white scythe.