.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

The-Missing-Spade

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

TheSorrow wrote:
What if these records somehow created replicas of all the heroes/villans based on how they were during those events and brought them back to R:X
You know, that's pretty much close if not identical to the current AI theory, that everyone except Tokio and Saika (and Schicksal) are all AIs brought from The World's memories.

But now you got me thinking, involving Schicksal in the past...Maybe we would see scenes in the game that take place during the times in IMOQ and GU? Maybe Schicksal was behind everything since the Morganna incident and we'll get to see how much influence they had in the game, maybe even as scenes with their own gameplay? That would be quite interesting to see.
That would be interesting, in deed. But if it they were somehow connected to the events since Morganna then one of them if not everyone had to be associated with Harold in some way. How else would they know of influencing the events since then?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

More likely, Schicksal is only responsible for things post-RA Plan, as it seems super obvious that Jyotaro Amagi is there leader. Also notice that there are eight members of Schicksal...eight Epitaphs...eight original Chosen Ones for the RA Plan. Seven of those original eight went into a coma, and only one Schiksal member has been recognized offline, and she seems determined to save someone.

THEORY! They're the f*cking original Chosen Ones from the RA Plan, and are in a Tsukasa-like state, and, depending on the individual member, want the Akashic Records to either wake up, or become gods of the virtual world they're forced to reside in. The conscious Schicksal member, whatsherface, was the original Tarvos.

Damn, I rule. Watch, I probably called it right on the money.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

AuraTwilight wrote:More likely, Schicksal is only responsible for things post-RA Plan, as it seems super obvious that Jyotaro Amagi is there leader. Also notice that there are eight members of Schicksal...eight Epitaphs...eight original Chosen Ones for the RA Plan. Seven of those original eight went into a coma, and only one Schiksal member has been recognized offline, and she seems determined to save someone.

THEORY! They're the f*cking original Chosen Ones from the RA Plan, and are in a Tsukasa-like state, and, depending on the individual member, want the Akashic Records to either wake up, or become gods of the virtual world they're forced to reside in. The conscious Schicksal member, whatsherface, was the original Tarvos.

Awesome theory, and things would really start making sense if this is correct. If so, then maybe they were working for Jyotaro in order to wake up, but at one point, realized the power that was around them and decided to become gods or just take over The World somehow; the power-hungry feeling villians tend to have. And that one member is Klarinette or however you spell that, and indeed, is the only Schicksal member who has appeared offline.
Starman

Post by Starman »

If I may add my two cents, these developments all seem rather interesting to me, but there are a few things that I'd like to bring to everyone's awareness.
Having played .hack since the original four games, it would be rather dissappointing to me to see the series end; however, I would actually look forward to see how CC2 would tie everything up. The way it seems to me with the various iterations of the series over time some plot points in the overall story have become somewhat repetitive, and I would rather the series end than see it become formulaic. I do acknowledge that LINK does not seem the best of material from which a fitting conclusion to the .hack saga could be crafted, but I think that there is potential, and that we can't blindly conclude that it will be awful.
However, I'm not totally trusting of CC2's word in this matter. They've been known for issuing statements in the past that are not altogether true. For instance, I believe that one point they claimed that every volume of the GU games would have a different story and protagonist or something like that. Of course, the counter-argument is that they've never said something this drastic, and that is true, but at the same time they could speaking figuratively or in some sort of roundabout way.
Also, some while ago, in the .hack Trilogy NewWorldGuide, artwork was released for a new series related to LINK. I am wondering then, what has happened to that and how does it relate to this now. This specifically is one of the main reasons I am doubtful of CC2's statement.
The artwork was posted on the front page of this site at that time:
http://dothackers.net/next.jpg
http://dothackers.net/cutenews/data/upi ... view-1.jpg
http://dothackers.net/cutenews/data/upi ... view-2.jpg
TheSorrow wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:More likely, Schicksal is only responsible for things post-RA Plan, as it seems super obvious that Jyotaro Amagi is there leader. Also notice that there are eight members of Schicksal...eight Epitaphs...eight original Chosen Ones for the RA Plan. Seven of those original eight went into a coma, and only one Schiksal member has been recognized offline, and she seems determined to save someone.

Awesome theory, and things would really start making sense if this is correct. If so, then maybe they were working for Jyotaro in order to wake up, but at one point, realized the power that was around them and decided to become gods or just take over The World somehow; the power-hungry feeling villians tend to have. And that one member is Klarinette or however you spell that, and indeed, is the only Schicksal member who has appeared offline.
I have to agree that in all likelihood Jyotaro Amagi is the true leader of Schicksal, but I somewhat doubt that the members of Schicksal are the RA Plan Epitaph Users. It's true that there are apparently eight members and that Klarinette seems rather concerned with Fluegel, but I don't think that necessarily means that they are trapped in the World and/or are former Epitaph Users. That is, I'd think that if they were, there would be more hinting of that, and I don't think they would be motivated by the desire to rule the World, as this would be redundant storytelling considering that if Jyotaro Amagi is their true leader, that is his motivation. Of course, it is a valid theory, and I have nothing to back my argument except conjecture.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The artwork in the second image has pictures of the M3D used in LINK. At the same time the first image shows a billboard for The World version release start which would be The World R:X. Those together pretty much state that what we are looking at is .hack//Link. As for the theory posted above there is something I was thinking that could make a difference but I can't recall what it is or more specifically I am not on point enough to state it correctly.
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

If this is true, then you just spoiled the entire game for so many people, when it hasn't even hit shelves! XD
But now you got me thinking, involving Schicksal in the past...Maybe we would see scenes in the game that take place during the times in IMOQ and GU? Maybe Schicksal was behind everything since the Morganna incident and we'll get to see how much influence they had in the game, maybe even as scenes with their own gameplay? That would be quite interesting to see.
That's basically what that Shadow of Skeith dude said. Tokio, along with schicksal are probably battling inside past .hack// events, which explains why Macha is seen in a screenshot with Tokio and Elk.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

If this is true, then you just spoiled the entire game for so many people, when it hasn't even hit shelves! XD
Might as well, since I predicted the existence of Link three years ago.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

I hope .hack doesn't end here!!!. There are other Developers that saythat a game is going to be the final installment. But yet alot of times it isn't. I am hoping this is one of those times.

But if it is. Which I EXTREMLY HOPE IT ISN'T!!! Everything involing .hack//link better be released in North America.

I never get sick of .hack! I hope its goes atleast alittle longer!, if not for awhile longer...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I recently noticed this but there are only 5 members of Schicksal left in the game. Klarinette, Cello, and Trommel from the manga are absent. Something else to note is that in the manga Orgels PC body hasn't changed like the others yet and in the game Fluegel is already back to his normal state.

I searched the internet and look what I found better scans. Still a little blurry

http://item.slide.com/r/1/96/i/3N1k-xkx ... BmVzc3PNK/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/170/i/U7bxAQO ... fu771GwY9/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/101/i/Po5VT7a ... _urTMSJpS/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/76/i/LcZ8hPhM ... Fxk3SDITE/
.xTokiox.

Post by .xTokiox. »

Nice! Tokio's got Dual Swords. Also, does anyone dislike how ridiculously cartoonish the character designs are?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

in the game Fluegel is already back to his normal state.
Uh...where? Because in the scan where they show the 5 Schicksal members Fluegel still has his post-Data Drain appearance; no long hair with robe-thingy with clocks all over. And the rest of the team has the same appearances as in the manga, only seeing Orgel's weapons this time, though yeah, i remember the mention of how his body still hasn't changed or something.

Also, it might be important to notice Midori's looks. She didn't definetly look like that, at least not in Roots and in the few images i saw from CELL.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Fluegel's normal state is after Data Drain. The bodies of their PC's are modified, but end up going through a change first.
Last edited by |<!73 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

So if I'm seeing things correctly it looks like at the very least Tokio can use twin blades and a single sword, so I guess the closest class he can be considered is as an adept rogue.
Also, it might be important to notice Midori's looks. She didn't definetly look like that, at least not in Roots and in the few images i saw from CELL.
She looks close enough to how she should, if you're going to complain about this then you should also complain about the fact that Subaru has a shorter skirt or Silver Knight's/GInkan's armor in general. Few of the characters look EXACTLY like they have in previous games and I don't know what you're seeing but Midori looks close enough, and if you're saying her face looks a bit different, then I noticed this and I see it as an improvement.
.xTokiox.

Post by .xTokiox. »

She looks close enough to how she should, if you're going to complain about this then you should also complain about the fact that Subaru has a shorter skirt
o_o. *Nose bleeds.* W-why complain about that? Still, I hate the "cartoonish" look to it though. Ovan's boots look 10 sizes bigger than in G.U., and Silver Knight's all screwed up. Not to mention Alkaid looks like a chicken.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The characters are redesigned to look different. Anyway regardless of what feel there is its close enough to tell who it is right? Also some of these designs are in the manga so maybe not that off.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Fluegel's normal state is post Data Drain. The bodies of their PC's are modified, but end up going through a change first.
Oh yeah, i get it now :P
She looks close enough to how she should, if you're going to complain about this then you should also complain about the fact that Subaru has a shorter skirt or Silver Knight's/GInkan's armor in general. Few of the characters look EXACTLY like they have in previous games and I don't know what you're seeing but Midori looks close enough, and if you're saying her face looks a bit different, then I noticed this and I see it as an improvement.
Well, her change IS the most noticeable of all, because this is the image i remember of Midori the most and if you dare to compare then only her legs look the same, though yeah, you can tell anyhow she's Midori. And yeah, i noticed the changes of others and also mentioned it before, just that Midori was the one to surprise me most. I like most if not all the changes anyhow :P
.xTokiox.

Post by .xTokiox. »

Judging by the gigantic sword she has, I'm guessing she's an Edge-Punisher. Was she in that class in //Roots?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

.xTokiox. wrote:Judging by the gigantic sword she has, I'm guessing she's an Edge-Punisher. Was she in that class in //Roots?
Yup, exactly. It seems like everyone is keeping the same classes they had last time, whether from R:1 or R:2. And as of those who appeared in both R:1 and R:2, we've seen Haseo and Elk so far, no clue about Wiseman/Yata, and Natsume and Piros will most likely remain the same only with a couple changes.
.xTokiox.

Post by .xTokiox. »

I see. I'm also guessing //Link's gonna be on multiple volumes too. It just seems a bit too much to fit all of those characters and a 25+ hour storymode on one UMD. Not to mention the level cap is about 200, from what I've seen in the manga.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

TheSorrow wrote: Well, her change IS the most noticeable of all, because this is the image i remember of Midori the most and if you dare to compare then only her legs look the same, though yeah, you can tell anyhow she's Midori. And yeah, i noticed the changes of others and also mentioned it before, just that Midori was the one to surprise me most. I like most if not all the changes anyhow :P
The only difference I'm noticing is that her outfit has a simpler design by comparison (THANK GAWD!). Other than that it's more or less the same thing, I see why it's noticeable though, now that she doesn't look like she over accessorized and in doing so made herself look a lot more likable to me.
.xTokiox. wrote:I see. I'm also guessing //Link's gonna be on multiple volumes too. It just seems a bit too much to fit all of those characters and a 25+ hour storymode on one UMD. Not to mention the level cap is about 200, from what I've seen in the manga.
I recall previous posts stating this would only be a single volume game. I don't know how they'll fit everything in, but we'll see soon enough I suppose.