.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

_Tri-edge_

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

From what I've seen, //LINK is CC2's version of "Mario Party."
What was the engine?
The engine used for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

No, the original series was their version of Mario Party. You threw an armor into the Spring during the day, the angry little character is going to downgrade it now! You data drained a monster? 100 xp! But wait, now it's -500 xp! Now you're cursed! Level 99 item!! Can you beat the GOBLIN in this TAG game?! Trap box!!!
AuraTwilight wrote:Well, if I may throw in my two cents, I don't mind a villain, or that Tokio is totally shounen. And hell, with a bit of polishing, I think the basic plot concept is very workable. I just don't like that the apparent message of this installment is that Za Warudo is outright magic and that CC2 is apparently so lazy that the entire work is going to be fanservice to show old characters in new characters in order to suck the teat dry. Unless they pull off something extremely epic, then the series ended at Returner, imo.
I think you have a very contrived interpretation of when they crossed the line into "outright magic," but I agree that at first it would seem like bringing back every character ever might be a cheap move. My main argument for it, though, is how did you want .hack to end? It's hard to have an actual "end" unless there's a defining moment that settles everything for everybody. I don't think that's impossible to do right, so I'm waiting to see how they do in that department... If anyone honestly never expected or wanted Kite or Tsukasa or Albireo to ever even be mentioned again, well I guess you have every right to complain, but I find it hard to believe that crowd is very big...
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

this is .hack//Tales of the World: Radiant Mithology, but canon XD
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I won't be able to judge the game until I play it, but I do hope for things that they've never had before, like jumping and maybe a wifi arena would be epic, however, This is probably a good time to end and a good way to end it, all of our favorite characters joining together to defeat a group of villains, and although it is too shounen, it'll probably have an at least decent storyline, so if it has good gameplay, I'll treasure it as much at IMOQ and GU.

I am a little sad that this is the end, but I'd prefer it not becoming a complete cash cow becoming milked for every cent like pokemon or ffvii. I am buying a PSP for this, but I'll probably buy games and use it as a portable dvd or something...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

The engine used for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.
I know that, i was wondering what kind, like how did it generate the game, then I edited, saying that I now know

EDIT:

Wait a tick, what about this?

http://dothackers.net/index.php?start_f ... ction=&id=&

The article about the the .Hack//Trilogy New World Guide, what about that?
S. [Burned] Y.

Post by S. [Burned] Y. »

Maybe when he said that .hack//Link will conclude the series, he meant that .hack//Link and whatever branches from it will be the ending.
AuraTwilight wrote:Well, if I may throw in my two cents, I don't mind a villain, or that Tokio is totally shounen.
Who knows, maybe Tokio turns into the villain in the end. That's certainly one thing that .hack// hasn't done yet.
Zered

Post by Zered »

I'm just happy its ending.
No need to milk the series.

Of course there will always be people that want "moar", so hopefully the surprisingly large amount of fanservice in this game will remove some of that feeling.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Honestly, I don't mind that .hack is ending. It has to end someday, or else it'll become Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Also, it's probably a GOOD sign that this, the game, is the final installment. They're not spreading out their concentration to a bunch of manga and novel stories; the game seems to be getting the main attention here.
If that's true, then I can expect it'll be good, or at least fun to some degree.

The number one thing I'm hoping for is a vast difference from the LINK manga, mainly when it comes to pacing.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Keyaki wrote:The article about the the .Hack//Trilogy New World Guide, what about that?
That's almost certainly this, as it was related to "the next .hack" and LINK is clearly the next .hack.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

oh well. the series had a good run, and I enjoyed it more than a lot of RPs I've played :U.
here's to hoping that this game will revolutionize dothack by having all the discs.. IN THE SAME BOX E=O!!
Prepare to Die

Post by Prepare to Die »

I'm glad that i bought my psp last year xD.

And i'm kinda relieved that it's goin to be the final installment of .hack. It's just like Anime Monkey said..someday it has to end..but i'm also sad...i was hoping that someday i could see the epitaph users and kite performing a huge data drain on a bada** monster or something like that..(LOL)

Actualy i've dreamed about it once...it was pretty cool *__*

Oh man...i can't w8... :3
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Kuukai wrote: If anyone honestly never expected or wanted Kite or Tsukasa or Albireo to ever even be mentioned again, well I guess you have every right to complain, but I find it hard to believe that crowd is very big...
Oh, I've no problem with them being mentioned, but returning... that i cannot accept after what occurred in their respective stories. This goes for other characters, or at least the appearances of them (I'm looking at you Ovan...).

Now as for this being the final installment... unless CC2 pulls a miracle out of their ass I rather things have ended with G.U., hell at some points with the original series. I cannot accept that Tokio becomes the final hero in .hack, that he'll somehow resolve everything, he doesn't have that right and I doubt anything that occurs in the game will make it right.

Maybe this is a good way to end things before everything becomes worse if they try another series. At the very least we're getting one final game, and though it seems to be nothing more than fanservice, we're getting something. I just fear that looking back on .hack I'll resent the series for this game.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Front page updated with some new translations courtesy of Kuukai!
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

So that was its meaning. That makes sense, it fits, looks like we are about to see a lot of great stuff!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

This world, made of ideas
Is nothing more than a shadow sprung from imagination.
I so wanna see the meaning behind these words, and i hope it's the one i'm thinking of.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I can imagine thousands of brand-new PSPs hitting the walls if it all turns out to be a dream.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Lets hope not, besides in the manga Saika was shown in the real world sitting at her computer thinking to herself. I can't even imagine how complex a dream that has individual thought and uses information not available to the dreamer.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think you have a very contrived interpretation of when they crossed the line into "outright magic," but I agree that at first it would seem like bringing back every character ever might be a cheap move. My main argument for it, though, is how did you want .hack to end? It's hard to have an actual "end" unless there's a defining moment that settles everything for everybody. I don't think that's impossible to do right, so I'm waiting to see how they do in that department... If anyone honestly never expected or wanted Kite or Tsukasa or Albireo to ever even be mentioned again, well I guess you have every right to complain, but I find it hard to believe that crowd is very big...
But that's the thing. Kite's, Tsukasa's, and Albireo's stories WERE completed, and they left the game behind them. Jesus Almighty, that's part of the MMO theme; characters flowing in and out of the series! What possible reason can Tsukasa, for example, have for coming back to the game that essentially almost stole his soul about a decade later? Hell, An Shouji is 29, and all of a sudden, Za Warudo is serious f*cking business and she needs to protect it from these hackers. It might've been different if she had that attitude during the GU Crisis, but come on. They're just throwing in characters for fanservice with absolutely no justification. As for how it would end? I liked Udeden's conclusion: "This world doesn't need an end!" And then just resolve that current plot arc on a happy note.
I can imagine thousands of brand-new PSPs being thrown against walls if it all turns out to be a dream.
I'll rejoice.
Lets hope not, besides in the manga Saika was shown in the real world sitting at her computer thinking to herself. I can't even imagine how complex a dream that has individual thought and uses information not available to the dreamer.
Panty. Shots.

Besides, fictional "It's a dream" devices always have ridiculously realistic dreams, including scenes the dreamer isn't aware of. This isn't anything new or unusual.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I have been thinking this for a while but, isn't the dream theory just something used to say Link didn't occur by people not interested in it? I remember when it was mentioned in the manga, Tokio was talking about the him in another place. He was talking about his dreams and such. Then it held a little more weight, but after I saw the outside stuff happening in the chapters I figured I was wrong and it was something that was out there. Right now I also see why it can be taken from the word imagination however, its also a thing that confuses me. It could be that because I like the series that its harder to imagine that scenario, yet at the same time the reverse applies.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

That's almost certainly this, as it was related to "the next .hack" and LINK is clearly the next .hack.
It didn't seem like, :/

Also what about that rumor saying that CC Corp was interested in making another movie like Trilogy but for IMOQ