.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

_Tri-edge_

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Aura blessed me this year. Gotta make sure I don't die anytime soon.
Well, at least someone has hope for this series. I'll buy this game just to see how the nine game saga will end. As a fellow and loyal fan of .hack//, I'll stick to this series till the very end. Kuukai or anyone else with Japanese know-how, how much do new japanese games usually cost in yen on release day?, since I'm still trying to get use to this country in school.
Pic0o

Post by Pic0o »

I still stand by the notion of 'last installment' being 2 things:

1. Sales - If the sales of this game are poor, the franchise may legitimately be retired, at least in game form. Permanent or extended, could go either way.
2. This is considered 'last installment' based on the current tier of characters and 'the World' being ended, later to be resuscitated by a new version and/or complete (nearly) rebuild. It's not like this is a first in the realm of .hack. :p

Either way you slice it, I look forward to the PSP Game. Mobile RPGs bode quite well with me.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Tolby wrote:Love seeing people complain for stupid reasons.
I guess that's a pretty good quality to have right now...
_Tri-edge_ wrote:Well, at least someone has hope for this series. I'll buy this game just to see how the nine game saga will end. As a fellow and loyal fan of .hack//, I'll stick to this series till the very end. Kuukai or anyone else with Japanese know-how, how much do new japanese games usually cost in yen on release day?, since I'm still trying to get use to this country in school.
Usually 5,000 to 6,000 yen. I know I know, it's robbery, but you asked. DVDs also magically double in price (and halve in content), though PS3 games can sometimes be a little better than in the U.S. (Exchange rate's messing with that though.)
Pic0o wrote:It's not like this is a first in the realm of .hack. :p.
It's the first time they said it was the end...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Usually 5,000 to 6,000 yen. I know I know, it's robbery, but you asked. DVDs also magically double in price (and halve in content), though PS3 games can sometimes be a little better than in the U.S. (Exchange rate's messing with that though.)
Awww, man. I still need to save up, since I'm spending most of my money on my Evo.....Ah well, I'm sure my cousin could send me $74.00
Surge

Post by Surge »

been a while since I've been on here but anyway, I'm glad to hear for this new .hack game. Have to get the old dusty PSP from my desk and get it ready for the game. I really hope that this won't be the last game in the .hack fanchise,I was really looking forward to a next-gen .hack game. However is this is to be the last of .hack then I hope they do a good job ending it, sadly as they say all good things must come to an end.
Mayhem_Child

Post by Mayhem_Child »

NOOO!!! i need to get my hands on a PSP!!! i am willing to pay someone for a PSP!!! i have all of the .hack's, but need a psp to complete that when it comes out... yeah... hehe...

btw, i am a n00b to this site... ehehe....
i remind myself of A20, ehehe
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

NOOO!!! i need to get my hands on a PSP!!! i am willing to pay someone for a PSP!!! i have all of the .hack's, but need a psp to complete that when it comes out... yeah... hehe...
Then pay for it. There about $150-$200. Plus, we're not even sure if this will even hit U.S. stores. I have nothing to worry about, but keep that in mind.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

They've ported every other .hack game over to America. It's Europe that has to worry.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:They've ported every other .hack game over to America.
Except for fragment and the dual-volume re-releases.
AuraTwilight wrote:It's Europe that has to worry.
Considering that they waited until now to add Europe to the international portal, I'd say their chances are pretty good.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

With the announcements that have been made it's hard to see a .hack on PS3, let alone 360 which they have no developers for.
Poison Lei Lei

Post by Poison Lei Lei »

YAYYY!!! .hack// goes portable! :D
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

part of me is hoping they'll port it to the PS3, as I odn;t have a PS3.
AuraTwilight wrote:What a pitiful way to end such a wonderful series. CC2 should be ashamed.
I agree 1000%. I wonder what they're thinking.
Uniedge

Post by Uniedge »

Honestly I would not be afraid, I personally do not believe they would end it. I mean, they said after Legend of the Twilight bracelet that was it no more. But look now we have many diferent games, animes, mangas, movies, and novels. They want to say that so more people will go out and buy it. Although I will anyway. But, they will most likly bring it back in a year or two and say "Oh Hey, by the way we are releasing a new game/anime in the coming year". So yea, this is most likly not the last installment.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Honestly I would not be afraid, I personally do not believe they would end it. I mean, they said after Legend of the Twilight bracelet that was it no more.
No, they didn't. Hell, the end of Legend of the Twilight had a teaser omake for G.U.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Correct. Really, there's been a continuous line of .hack development at CC2 since before Infection was announced. They began G.U. as soon as the original series ended. While they were working on G.U., they started Trilogy. While they were working on Trilogy, they started Link. And now, at this juncture, unless they're complete liars, the only .hack they're working on is Link, and they intend to stop. It would be nice to see more, but maybe they want to make something entirely new...
newtti

Post by newtti »

Kuukai wrote: Considering that they waited until now to add Europe to the international portal, I'd say their chances are pretty good.
Actually that's wrong... Europe was on the international portal even before, it just sent you to the IMOQ page... now there isn't even a real link :/
Uniedge

Post by Uniedge »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Honestly I would not be afraid, I personally do not believe they would end it. I mean, they said after Legend of the Twilight bracelet that was it no more.
No, they didn't. Hell, the end of Legend of the Twilight had a teaser omake for G.U.
Yes, but alot of people spazzed saying that it would be the end of the series.
Kuukai wrote:Correct. Really, there's been a continuous line of .hack development at CC2 since before Infection was announced. They began G.U. as soon as the original series ended. While they were working on G.U., they started Trilogy. While they were working on Trilogy, they started Link. And now, at this juncture, unless they're complete liars, the only .hack they're working on is Link, and they intend to stop. It would be nice to see more, but maybe they want to make something entirely new...
Yes, it may be the end of the games for awhile but, I still see books coming in the future. And if sells go well then they will most likly consider making new games.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Uniedge, please don't double post. I combined them for you, but in the future just edit your existing one.
newtti wrote:
Kuukai wrote:Considering that they waited until now to add Europe to the international portal, I'd say their chances are pretty good.
Actually that's wrong... Europe was on the international portal even before, it just sent you to the IMOQ page... now there isn't even a real link :/
Huh? This is what was there before, this is what's there now. And they didn't just add the name, but also a fancy icon...
Uniedge wrote:Yes, but alot of people spazzed saying that it would be the end of the series.
How is that relevant to this situation? CC2 didn't say it was the end then, and it wasn't. Now they say it is. If invalid claims that that the series was over back then destroyed the credibility of anything, they destroyed the credibility of the same kind of fan-initiated rumors that say it isn't over now.
Uniedge wrote:Yes, it may be the end of the games for awhile but, I still see books coming in the future. And if sells go well then they will most likly consider making new games.
There might be more sidestories, but those will probably die down as the games stop.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, but alot of people spazzed saying that it would be the end of the series.
Like I give a damn what a few ignorant, uninformed fans say.
Altre

Post by Altre »

D5t has the right idea, one compilation disk for all the games. Though I don't have a PS3, it's still a good idea for those that do. I don't like the looks of Link, at all, but it couldn't hurt to try it out. I sort of need to get a PSP too. I wouldn't mind if they kept making .Hack media. As long as they start making them like the first four again, but with pretty G.U. features. And maybe with some sort of online features, whether it be The World itself (oh god, if they could) or just Crimson VS.