.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by TheSorrow »

WHERE'S BLACKROSE!?!?!?!?!?!?
A game with Kite can't have no Blackrose!!!!
Well, GU was without BlackRose and was a game with Kite...sorta :P Though now we know that BlackRose was actually meant to appear in Redemption and there is an image of how she would've looked like in GU.

Anyways, at this point i'm also surprised that BlackRose has yet to make an appearance in LINK...at all. It's almost suspicious how other characters like Silver Knight, Atoli, Balmung, even Mistral and Mimiru, have all been shown yet there's no sight at all of her, almost as if CC2 was delaying her appearance for some reason.
Lukar82394
Location: Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (Hulle Granz Cathedral)

Post by Lukar82394 »

TheSorrow wrote:
WHERE'S BLACKROSE!?!?!?!?!?!?
A game with Kite can't have no Blackrose!!!!
Well, GU was without BlackRose and was a game with Kite...sorta :P Though now we know that BlackRose was actually meant to appear in Redemption and there is an image of how she would've looked like in GU.
Seriously? I wanna see this. =3
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Delivered
Lukar82394

Post by Lukar82394 »

TheSorrow wrote:Delivered
'Aight. Thanks. ^^
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

I personally hope it doesn't end, this is by far the LONGEST and most broad Series that has ever come from Japan and I share d5t's sentiment on it being the only reason i get a PSP, plus I lost my DS so I need a new hand held to play with. Link is also the reason why I'm gunna get my ass back involved with the one fandom i love so much.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

Where did you get that O_O
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The information: From this topic
The image: From the .hack wiki, though it's in the topic as well
The source of the info and image: Some Famitsu magazine i think, i didn't find it
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

TheSorrow wrote:The information: From this topic
The image: From the .hack wiki, though it's in the topic as well
The source of the info and image: Some Famitsu magazine i think, i didn't find it
that's a really awesome concept. I'd love to get a hold of a better ref for future purposes.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Omg............................ DOES THIS MEAN SHES IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since they pulled her out of G.U. Or is this a cleverly drawn and customed pic hmmmmmmm....... Anyways having kite and mimiru in .hack//Link and not Blackrose is Just WRONG!!!! I hope shes in it, and this pic raises the hope of her being in it! Awesome find!

Maybe Blackrose and Mimiru will have one of their famous arguements. Who came first and who stole who's idea!

Also the final installment is a rumour and I don't think it was said BY CC2 them selves.
There still much more mysteries and Stories that can be explored. I'll never tier of .hack//
I agree with the fact that .hack// is one of the most broadest series that has come from Japan! Besides.....Im still hopeing for an actual MMO of "The World" From CC2.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Omg............................ DOES THIS MEAN SHES IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or is this a cleverly drawn and customed pic hmmmmmmm....... Anyways having kite and mimiru and not Blackrose is Just WRONG!!!! I hope shes in it, and this pic raises the hope of her being in it! Awesome find!
No, that image is from GU. And that information is kinda old, i think...at least, it came WAY BEFORE LINK was even announced as a manga. That image does mean that she was supposed to be in GU (though no model of her is found in the game, so the idea was rejected at least before Vol. 3 was made), and it does hint alot that she'll be in LINK (among other things), but doesn't prove anything involving LINK for now.
Also the final installment is a rumour and I don't think it was said BY CC2 them selves.
There still much more mysteries and Stories that can be explored. I'll never tier of .hack//
It was said by the very creators of the game and if you saw the main LINK site and could read japanese you'd be able to see it with your own eyes. I also thought it was just a rumor from the magazine at first until i saw that message in the website directly, and now all i can think of is that maybe they'll continue with The World-kind of game under another series, not .Hack anymore.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

It was said by the very creators of the game and if you saw the main LINK site and could read japanese you'd be able to see it with your own eyes. I also thought it was just a rumor from the magazine at first until i saw that message in the website directly, and now all i can think of is that maybe they'll continue with The World-kind of game under another series, not .Hack anymore.
Whoops my bad. Anyways THEY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD (Denial). It must not end!!!!!!!!! and if they do continue under a new title with a similar game..........I guess thats better than nothing.
Aika

Post by Aika »

Game_Slave wrote:I'm just glad they're GIVING us a .hack// game. They could've just ended it at G.U. and called it quits.
They should have if this is what it's going to be remembered for. There's no chance for this game. It won't be half as good as GU and most people are not going to go buy a PSP to play it. Might be popular in Japan but they ruined it here. It's not even going to have "real" cutscenes. They just are taking the cheapest way out of delivering a new .hack game.

The story should also mature with the audience. GU seemed to be a more grown up version of the first one, although .hack//SIGN was a much better anime then ROOTS. It made you think alot more.

For me it ended with GU.
If they get smart and release it on the PS2 or one of the newer consoles then maybe I'll try it. A PSP is just not worth it. You can get a Xbox 360 for around the same cost as a new PSP, which has alot more games that are good to choose from.
Last edited by Aika on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lukar82394

Post by Lukar82394 »

Maakasu wrote:Omg............................ DOES THIS MEAN SHES IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since they pulled her out of G.U. Or is this a cleverly drawn and customed pic hmmmmmmm....... Anyways having kite and mimiru in .hack//Link and not Blackrose is Just WRONG!!!! I hope shes in it, and this pic raises the hope of her being in it! Awesome find!

Maybe Blackrose and Mimiru will have one of their famous arguements. Who came first and who stole who's idea!
Lol, I laugh when people don't bother reading WHY people post what they post. I know you already know by now, but Sorrow had mentioned that BlackRose was gonna be in G.U. 3, but got pulled out. I asked for a pic, and that request was fulfilled.
Aika wrote:
Game_Slave wrote:I'm just glad they're GIVING us a .hack// game. They could've just ended it at G.U. and called it quits.
They should have if this is what it's going to be remembered for. There's no chance for this game. It won't be half as good as GU and most people are not going to go buy a PSP to play it. Might be popular in Japan but they ruined it here.

The story should also mature with the audience. GU seemed to be a more grown up version of the first one, although .hack//SIGN was a much better anime then ROOTS. It made you think alot more.

For me it ended with GU.
If they get smart and release it on the PS2 or one of the newer consoles then maybe I'll try it. A PSP is just not worth it.
Eh, they'll hopefully announce features in Link that'll make you think otherwise. Unhappy fans are unhappy.
Zered

Post by Zered »

Aika wrote: They should have if this is what it's going to be remembered for. There's no chance for this game. It won't be half as good as GU
Again with the passing judgment without knowing anything about the game gameplay wise or story wise.
Your last sentence is moot, since you dont even know what Link will be like story wise or gameplay wise, therefore an opinion that "it wont be half as good as GU" is just bias.
and most people are not going to go buy a PSP to play it. Might be popular in Japan but they ruined it here.
No ****.
No one in their right mind would buy a new system just for one game.
The whole "most people are not going to go buy a PSP to play it" is irrelevant because the same thing could be said for every single game in existence.
And last time i checked, .hack wasnt really popular in the US to begin with, LONG before Link was even considered to exist.
So, Links announcement didnt "ruin" anything here.
It's not even going to have "real" cutscenes. They just are taking the cheapest way out of delivering a new .hack game.
Yeah, cause we all know the cutscenes are what make the games great.
Its not the gameplay, or story, or music, or anything else.

No point trying to bash something when you havent even seen what it looks like in action.
Oh, you know that the story of the Link game isnt mature with the audience?
Due tell, please, what the story is for the game.
For me it ended with GU.
If they get smart and release it on the PS2 or one of the newer consoles then maybe I'll try it. A PSP is just not worth it.
Seems to me youre just butthurt that its not being released on a system that you have.

The system its on doesnt necessarily determine the quality of the game.
The only thing it determines is graphics, more or less.
You can get a Xbox 360 for around the same cost as a new PSP, which has alot more games that are good to choose from.
Opinion =/= fact
Some people may like game on the 360 more than the psp, some may like games on the psp more than the 360.
Phylow

Post by Phylow »

In my opinion, All of the series was great. Both games and written/anime. I enjoyed them all,

Also...I remember hearing that .hack// had a bigger fan base in North America than it did in Japan. My mind fails me where it said that. So i'll spend some time finding the source. I thought it was a site like 1up.com. Or it could've been talking about a certain part of the series.

Making judgements about something (or even someone) you don't know is at times in a big way wrong to do. No one knows how this game will turn out, Until it actually gets released. It seems intresting, they may have approach some things differently, but that doesn't mean it is terrible. Its human nature, to fear change. We are creatures of Habit after all, but I myself enjoy change, depending on what and how things are changed of course. Diversity is always welcomed.
Lol, I laugh when people don't bother reading WHY people post what they post.
Also Maakasu don't worry about comments like that. I see that you got excited and didn't really read the post. I have seen others do this as well. Its can be quite common.

Now getting back to the Topic of this post.

I hope it isn't the final installment of the series, and it is what some developers have been know to do. Say its the final of the series, but then bring it back sooner or later in the future, and if it is the final installment. It has been a good long series, that I have always enjoyed and admire its work and have been pleased with. I hope they continue it in another shape or form, and I look forward to this series with up most patients and hopes.

I hope everyone has a good day
Sincerely Phylow

Remember: Have compasion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer to much, others to little.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

no matter how it looks I WILL buy a PSP just so i can get .hack//LINK! why cus i'm not missing out on a single installment of the .hack series.
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Tsugasa-kun wrote:no matter how it looks I WILL buy a PSP just so i can get .hack//LINK! why cus i'm not missing out on a single installment of the .hack series.
Whooo Rock on! XD Anything for .hack//!

Also hey Phylow XD
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Aika wrote:
They should have if this is what it's going to be remembered for. There's no chance for this game. It won't be half as good as GU and most people are not going to go buy a PSP to play it. Might be popular in Japan but they ruined it here. It's not even going to have "real" cutscenes. They just are taking the cheapest way out of delivering a new .hack game.

For me it ended with GU.
If they get smart and release it on the PS2 or one of the newer consoles then maybe I'll try it. A PSP is just not worth it. You can get a Xbox 360 for around the same cost as a new PSP, which has alot more games that are good to choose from.
Don't judge a book by it's cover.
Mirus

Post by Mirus »

I dont think they can do this , Hiroshi Matsuyama is better than that.
Maybe they are... trying to build suspence?

If this ends I want it to end like a real game, the real "The World"
Online of course !
And not like fragment but the way it's supposed to be, when that happens i'll be able to let go.

<3 to you all, hopefully this is not the end.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I love the PSP, mine is already covered in .hack stuff, and now I get a .hack game for it as well? I love it. Only thing greater would be a .hack bundle with like a black PSP with "R:X" sketched on the side or something.

Love PSP
Love handhelds
Love .hack
Love seeing people complain for stupid reasons.

Aura blessed me this year. Gotta make sure I don't die anytime soon.