Count Down: Countdown Reached!!!

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Count Down: Countdown 3 Days

Post by Kuukai »

Coxy wrote:It actually comes out a coupel of days before the printed date. It's out now and scans are appearing. Only Super Robot Wars: K scans so far though. I'm sure if there is anything in this weeks famitsu scans will show up soon
No, I know that, and the day it actually comes out on is always Friday. What I was wrong about, however, was assuming that because info hadn't reached us there wasn't anything useful in last week's Famitsu... (Which is technically the "January 23rd" issue, not this week's, the dates are more or less meaningless.)

I guess this solves the mystery, though, I stand pleasantly corrected. Tail Concerto 2 can burn in hell, this game looks awesome. Al's back! And is that Midori who's cut off the scan? I guess "time" can apply to LINK too, but using the exact same text was probably a copypasta on their part...

It looks like the relation between this and the manga might be exact, down to the cutscenes actually using a colored version of the manga. I don't actually have the manga on me to compare with the screenshots, but it does say the story is developed via cutscene comics. I think it might be saying it's a continuation of the manga, but it's very blurry. If someone can find clearer scans I'd be happy to translate them.

Gameplay doesn't really look too different from G.U., though hopefully it's on the Accel side.

I for one think this looks amazing. There really isn't anything wrong with the manga at this point, but it would definitely be better as a game. I wonder why it's for PSP, though. I would definitely be happier if it got the STORM treatment, but I guess we can wait and see what happens. I hope it has some sort of versus capability, at least, or something that makes the platform choice make sense...
|<!73

Re: Count Down: Countdown 2 Days

Post by |<!73 »

That is Albireo it matches with the kanji for his name アルビレオ. Also i think your right about it being after. I noticed that Subaru nor Kite held those appearances in the manga. Though it could just be an artistic reference. For those of you who are sad the best thing I can say is that you still have those other previews back when the trilogy magazine was released. Which if you don't like LINk then that will probably be more of the .hack people want.

So in short we are probably about to get two .hack games?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

This is probably the project those pictures were for. We have absolutely no reason to think otherwise, as they were definitely related to The World R:X and "the next .hack." Well, this is the next .hack, so it's probably what they were talking about.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Okay, now that my initial reaction is gone...

I hope the best for this game, honestly. Perhaps whatever disappointment I've had with the manga thus far will be translated better when it comes to the game. No way of really knowing until we get a chance to look at actual game footage or something more than that.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Thats good know, I'm happy either way. Here is a question I want to ask. Will the series be on a single volume or one? I remember something about trying to get in more.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Arg I need to get a PSP now. Weak. How much are they retailing for now? And from what I know they're region free? Or U.S. and Japan are the same region - or is that the DS?

Kuukai - our updates collided together! Edit my news post to your liking.
Coxy

Post by Coxy »

Kinda seems more like a side title than a main installment, guess time will tell
d5t

Post by d5t »

Coxy wrote:Image
Thanks for posting the scans Coxy, I gave props to you on dothacker's front page.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

AHAHAHA OH WOW, ALKAID.
ALL THOSE PLOT-RELEVANT CHARACTERS, AND ALKAID.
LOL HOW DOES THEY FANSERVICE.

Wait holy **** is that Silver Knight.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

If I had a better scan with a clearer info box I could probably tell you for sure, but it looks like it's just one volume. Which is good, because when Idolm@ster went PSP it became three games...

They're region-free for everything besides UMD movies, which are region-locked. A PSP-3000 is $170, but Japan has some cool custom ones like the Gundam Vs. Gundam PSP that will set you back more... I don't have one yet, but I've been planning to get one what with all the Metal Gear games and stuff... As popular as the DS is, everyone I saw around Comiket was using a PSP, it has serious otaku power.

I edited the article, there's not too much I can glean without a better scan, but they are talking about how it continues Twilight Knights so I added that...

Yes that's Silver Knight. And there's a novel character cut off, from the hair and clothing it looks like Midori to me, or maybe Carl?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

My reaction and comments to this are still reduced to mere 3 letters

Wat

Can't seriously say anything at all so far, at least until, maybe, that scan is mostly translated. I obviously hope that it has a very good gameplay, with actual challenges and yeah, a team/VS option or something that would use up the PSP's features would be wonderful to have. I'm not saying that i think this is bad, but i haven't liked LINK at all so far, and though the news of this game do make me excited and willing to know alot more about it, it'll take quite some game or some new material to make me ignore/forget about what has happened with LINK and it's story. Still, i'm so getting a PSP for this game...well, not only for this, but this has finally made me decide to get it instead of a PS3.

And yeah, now that Kuukai's mentioned it, that figure at the very end kinda looks like Midori, or at least there isn't any other character with a matching hair and dress, not that i can think of at least. And if it's really her, then it's just gonna make me write my comment in capital letters.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't think it's really that bad to have so many returning characters. It's implausible as hell, but so is all of .hack. LINK is sorta like the Turn A Gundam of .hack. People are going to hate it, but years later they're going to realize how awesome it is and buy it all on blu-ray...

Actually that hasn't happened yet, but I can meta-predict if I want...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I hope so, though i think i will end up liking the game and continue being the .Hack fan i've always been (at first i so hated Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus...and well, just look at my sig and avatar XD). But still, for the good or the bad, it seems like this will be a whole new change for .Hack overall, either setting many "mysterious" things aside or actually explaining them, and overall i see this game (and LINK overall) as some kind of shonen-ish game focused on the action rather than the old .Hack which was mostly focused on the stories hidden depth within and the gameplay is just there to serve it's purpose of simulating a MMORPG. Only time will tell that though, could be too that there are alot of mysteries in this game and everything is explained through a complex and well-made plot.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, LINK still has a lot of mysteries...

It is funny that the only two games we know CC2 is working on now are for PSP and DS. When did they become a portable company? Why did this happen?! I fully anticipate Hiroshi Matsuyama writing an insightful column about this... Hell, the old column he wrote about next-gen consoles could have been some sort of red herring, distracting everyone from his goldmine idea that portable systems are the true future of gaming. Or something. Hurrah!

Anyone know if the PSP can handle DLC?

EDIT: Wow, it does. Since CC2 is already handing out free DLC Naruto characters, I can only imagine what they'll have in store for LINK... They can add characters from future sidestories after the fact! Though maybe that's expecting too much...

EDIT^2: Actually, we should move discussion about the game to the existing LINK board (maybe in the "Game?" thread?). Feel free to post here if you have something to say about the (ongoing) countdown, though. Hopefully they'll be releasing a trailer when it ends!
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

No its not. Are those the scans posted in the other thread. It doesn't allow direct linking apparently so go for the thumbnails.
Katina

Post by Katina »

Omg I'm super mega exited. Good thing I got a psp for my birthday!

With all the returning character this has so much potential for us to find out more about them that we've wanted to know for awhile like if Kite and Blackrose ever hooked up in real life after the orginal games where over.

Namco Bandai better localize this in north america or I'll sick a gundam on them!!!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Here's to hoping the game retcons the terrible plot of it's manga counterpart, such as removing this "physically in The World" horseshit.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The game follows the manga's plot its stated on the front page and you can see an image of Tokio and Saika's rooftop jig in the left of the second link. Though why recon what is suppose to work. Since I want to thread to focus on the countdown what other things might it become if not the game. There is Naruto, the Tail Concerto thing. Its only two days left and I am wondering what it will come in the form of. Maybe it will be a mini section on the website or even an entire new site to the subject itself.